Miyukis, as in, are they still floating around somewhere?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Miyukis, as in, are they still floating around somewhere?

Post by Pyaamon » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:09 am

Standard introduction - I am new, and I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place. It won't happen again...hopefully.

So...I've just been bitten by the Shinki bug, and thought I'd be content with regular releases (Valona's still being made, isn't she?) until I caught sight of the limited edition Miyuki ninja. Oh dear. The paint scheme. The little tail. The ears. The wings. Oh no.

My reaction was kind of frightening, and I'm not sure if I can blow so much cash on the one Miyuki floating about on ebay. As I am in Australia, we're looking at around $220. It's a fair amount of cash and I'm not sure if I can justify dropping that much cash on one figure...let alone any of the other Shinkis. But I'm still contemplating it.

Has anyone else seen her on their travels through the internet? Proxy services are out because Konami has gleefully listed them as being unavailable. Do you think we might actually get a re-release again of the Fubuki/Miyuki model with less accessories for the general market? Is it possible ones made it out of the country anyway to import shops around the globe? Is Konami just messing with one of many heads and counting their yen?

I want to try the impossible and stick with Partio (Glee!), Valona, and Arnval, and that being it. (Yda is sold out in most places and over the top in others and Miyuki-NO. NO STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. NO.) I will take suggestions however. Anything to make the twitching stop :(

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Miyukis, as in, are they still floating around somewhere?

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:44 pm

This is the right forum. As for Mizuki, I'm not sure where to get her. When I saw her and saw that she was a limited repaint of a limited figure, I knew there was pretty much no way I could buy her, so I haven't even looked. I'm sure other people have a better grasp on the situation than me.

Sorry about that, but welcome to the addiction!

I mean boards, welcome to the boards!

rantinan
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 100
MMS owned: 17
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Every Straf

Post by rantinan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:54 am

You might find one on Yahoo japan auctions. Prepare to pay an arm, a leg, and a commission to a bidding agent like celga.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki

Post by Pyaamon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:16 am

I have just realized Miyuki should in fact be Mizuki. A Lucky Star/Busou Shinki crossover is not a good idea, but Konata would be beside herself with glee.

(*shy wave* Hi Rantinan)

Thanks for a bit of info guys. I knew I was on a wild goose chase - so I may as well bite the bullet and take the hit to the wallet...

HarukaYuki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 123
MMS owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fort Bragg

Post by HarukaYuki » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:45 pm

If you really want one, look at it this way. They're limited. They're only going to get more expensive as time goes on.

Payed $130CAD for my Mizuki (shipped) and I don't regret it, she's amazing and worth the price.

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru
Shinkis owned: 12
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Yup, it's better to jump now and take the hit than try later and find it to be unfeasible.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki

Post by Pyaamon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:36 pm

It's the $215AUD price tag that makes me twitch - I'd love to pad out my order with the other two Shinkis I desire, but we're looking at a hefty price I'm not sure I can handle. I think it's a case of finding justification to pick up something small for such a large price. I'm annoyed at myself for falling for her.

(What do people think of the Skygirl's Elise model?)

But if she is that awesome, I guess I have no choice - I'm just switching around some orders from HLJ as we speak. They must hate me, I swear.

HarukaYuki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 123
MMS owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fort Bragg

Post by HarukaYuki » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:28 am

Wow, I forgot there was a Dollar worse than Canadian.. xD

Honestly, she will get more expensive, not pushing you to buy her or anything, but if you really want it, you should probably try to get her soon. Look at Wave 1 original Dens. They go for about $400~500+ per set now. Granted It'll be awhile before Mizuki goes up that much, the Stradales are still reasonable.. usually..

As far as Elise, she's nice =3 I have her in Bragg's legs+armor. She looks good =D
I want the Sky Girl Eika, but I just haven't gotten around to buying her yet.. But as a rule all of the Sky Girls MMS are worth a look. They're really well done, and about 75% compatible with Shinki parts. Chest piece is attached, and they have a bump just above their butt where their 'tail' attaches, so attaching Shinki back parts is difficult without modifying something.

And I get what you say about swapping HLJ orders.. XD I'm still annoyed you can't group separate orders together.. >.> I have a bunch of things all for order on HLJ.. but if they all come in stock, the won't ship them all in one box, they'll split them up as I ordered them... Come on HLJ.. ; ; let me group orders into one!

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki

Post by Pyaamon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Aussie dollar is indeed awful!

It's just the frustrating wait for funds to transfer to paypal. I dislike making sellers wait (just in case something slips up kind of thing, and I get a black mark, lose the item, etc...) but the wait itself is awful. I keep wondering if someone else is going to have the same idea I have had. Sadly I did the transfer before Elise came onto the radar so that's extra unhappy waiting I think. If I go through with it - she's out of stock on HLJ (not discontinued) so there might be some still around.

It was the lack of fringe, and angry expression that attracted me. All the others seem so serene and happy XD

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:57 am

To echo other advise...get her now if you plan to get her. She's still available from Japan so the prices are about as low as they're going to be. Once they're out, expect the prices to skyrocket as rarity comes into play.