Busou Shinki: The Future is Pretty Much Now

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Icarael
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Busou Shinki: The Future is Pretty Much Now

Post by Icarael » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:12 am

So, we've got a new body type (Small), electronic light-up accessories, and even more cute girls.

So, what do you think is next for Busou Shinki? And what would you like to see next?
I am Icarael, Techpriest Acolyte of the Adeptus Shinki.
Glory to the Moe God!

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: Busou Shinki: The Future is Pretty Much Now

Post by Xehn » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Efforts to make the line cheaper without killing the quality?

Icarael
Class C Shinki

Post by Icarael » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Xehn wrote:Efforts to make the line cheaper without killing the quality?
Okay that's one thing that I can get behind.

But what about the types of Shinki you want to see? Like, say, Type-Shark or Type-Phoenix?
Glory to the Moe God!

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Types? Raptor, Tricera, Jet, Centipede, Mantis, Wasp, Spider...

LJS
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 27
MMS owned: 26

Post by LJS » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Type...errrrr....UMBRELLA! \o/

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Icarael wrote:
Xehn wrote:But what about the types of Shinki you want to see? Like, say, Type-Shark or Type-Phoenix?
Oh dear god no.

I'm sorry, but having a shark type would remind me too much of that horrible "Sharkboy and Lava Girl" peice of crap movie from a few years back.

The pheonix type, however, would kick some serious ass if done right.

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Well we already have Kabuto (Lancamento - Even though she'd be more of a Hercus), Stag Bettle (Espadia) and Sasword (Graffias). Let's continue that line with a Hopper, Wasp and Drake... yeah I'm making a Kamen Rider Kabuto joke, but it's not too off beat for it. Now let's see... Since we're getting Chopsticks and Spoons, let's complete them with a Fork, Plate, Bowl and Cup. Also as for Animals let's go with a Bird and Fish, I know Siren and Mermaid fufill that category to a degree, but they're not full on Bird/Fish types. Also a Lizard and Turtle which would be pretty interesting to me. Then we could go into more random things like Computer and Television. Least just a few things. Could go one step further and make a working Cell Phone and DigiCam Shinkis. Those would be super expensive maybe.

Go, Go Limitless Potential!

Icarael
Class C Shinki

Post by Icarael » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 am

Lockdown72 wrote:Oh dear god no.

I'm sorry, but having a shark type would remind me too much of that horrible "Sharkboy and Lava Girl" peice of crap movie from a few years back.
Really? To me, it just reminds me of that 4chan song that goes "I'M A SHARK! I'M A SHARK!" etc.
NamelessChibi wrote:Well we already have Kabuto (Lancamento - Even though she'd be more of a Hercus), Stag Bettle (Espadia) and Sasword (Graffias). Let's continue that line with a Hopper, Wasp and Drake... yeah I'm making a Kamen Rider Kabuto joke, but it's not too off beat for it. Now let's see... Since we're getting Chopsticks and Spoons, let's complete them with a Fork, Plate, Bowl and Cup. Also as for Animals let's go with a Bird and Fish, I know Siren and Mermaid fufill that category to a degree, but they're not full on Bird/Fish types. Also a Lizard and Turtle which would be pretty interesting to me. Then we could go into more random things like Computer and Television. Least just a few things. Could go one step further and make a working Cell Phone and DigiCam Shinkis. Those would be super expensive maybe.
Wow, that's a lot.

And I'd like to add to the list.

Since we already have "occupation" types in the toyline (Waffebunny, Grapprapp, Bright Feather), why not add have a Riot Police type or a Radiation Suit type? Also, I'd like some of the future Shinkis to be based off mythical creatures. We could have a Golem type, a Hydra/Medusa type, and a Phoenix type (with red and gold details!).

And then, maybe we could have a Raven/Crow type, a Hawk type, or an Amazon (as in woman-warrior-in-jungle) type. That would be pretty cool.
Glory to the Moe God!

Deviant Anomaly
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by Deviant Anomaly » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 am

I like the fact that some of the designers are branching out into unusual territory now. Along the lines of musical instruments, how about continuing with a woodwind, horn, percussion and piano. Then you'd have a full orchestra. :)

Reading about a phoenix brought to mind a griffon, another mythical creature.

And if we're going to get into inanimate objects as themes, how about weapons: dagger, sword, mace, cudgel, whip, etc.

Canthros
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Canthros » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Well, we've seen motorbikes/automobiles(?), planes, tanks, mobile artillery, small arms, nurses, nuns, angels, devils, dogs, cats, squirrels, ferrets, cows, animal-themed paratroopers and amphibious soldiers, musical instruments, eating utensils, and mythical monsters. Lotta stuff to explore, yet, but boy, howdy, what a list that is.

How about a pair of trains? Do one as an old-school steam loco and another as a modern bullet train for contrast.

Maybe something naval?