Best/Worst Locations to Buy Busou Shinki

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Best/Worst Locations to Buy Busou Shinki

Post by Klinkin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:56 am

Interestingly enough, the Wave 5 releases on HLJ are shown without the extra parts. Most stock imagery of them shows off those parts; is it possible that they're being released without them?

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:30 am

Shikaze wrote:Odd thing... they're released with Ascii Media Works as manufacturer, when it's usually Konami doing the release. Did Konami sell the entire franchise for the anime while we weren't looking ?
Nah. These are specifically the Dengeki Repaints that were out a while back. AMW is the parent company of that. They do special, LE repaints of stuff like this all the time. I have no idea how that works in terms of licensing and the like, and previously you could only get them from the Dengeki site.

If this isnt HLJ getting something mixed up, I figure Dengeki is capitalizing on the anime as Eukrante is one of the secondary characters with the most lines.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:35 pm

So Surugaya-a-too on Rakuten is racking up some pretty nasty feedback because of their selling habits. They sometimes have Busou Shinki in stock, I'd list them as a seller to be very cautious about!

Thread with some relevant experiences:
http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/7553

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by GundamShinki » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Toss DjFungShing on the bad list as well. States he is located in Japan but after researching he is actually somewhere in Korea. Offers low new shinki prices and promises to drop shipping numbers within a few days. A week later after paying no tracking info and responses to emails sent. I lucked out paying with paypal. Order at your own risk!

I don't believe he is the same seller with the location in Honk Kong like that ebay user. but with the wonderful anonymous interwebz it's always best to be pre-cautious.
Last edited by GundamShinki on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Is he on ebay, or? I wonder if that's the same seller Zeni had issues with.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:49 am

Eh, different from mine. Oh yeah, I better tell the seller just for no other experienced it like me.

I only know that guy from someone and I know him through Twitter. His name in twitter and his paypal account is Ichabod.

I don't know if he is scamming or just some jerk toward me since I'm not in USA, while a lot of testimony say he is trustable, but at least not for me.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Not sure if this falls into just bad luck or what but I purchased 2 MMS 2nd figures from ebay user taka952. After receiving them 1 figure had loose stand, wore out foot hole, rounded screw heads and loose neck hole. Other figure had issue with upper arm falling off of the shoulder joint. They were listed as used HOWEVER they were stated to have been breifly displayed and returned to the package. We have messaged each other a couple times he stated items were insured, which weren't then changed his message from they were sealed items to they were previously opened by himself. I'm not flaming anyone just keeping people aware

I just wanted to make potential buyers aware of possibly getting less then you expected and keeping our collecting safe :schmetterling:

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:41 am

Fubukitsune wrote:Not sure if this falls into just bad luck or what but I purchased 2 MMS 2nd figures from ebay user taka952. After receiving them 1 figure had loose stand, wore out foot hole, rounded screw heads and loose neck hole. Other figure had issue with upper arm falling off of the shoulder joint. They were listed as used HOWEVER they were stated to have been breifly displayed and returned to the package. We have messaged each other a couple times he stated items were insured, which weren't then changed his message from they were sealed items to they were previously opened by himself. I'm not flaming anyone just keeping people aware

I just wanted to make potential buyers aware of possibly getting less then you expected and keeping our collecting safe :schmetterling:
Thanks for the heads up. I was just checking out the items he had listed earlier today, and I almost considered getting an Asuka off of him, but decided against it.

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki

Post by GundamShinki » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Fubukitsune wrote:Not sure if this falls into just bad luck or what but I purchased 2 MMS 2nd figures from ebay user taka952. After receiving them 1 figure had loose stand, wore out foot hole, rounded screw heads and loose neck hole. Other figure had issue with upper arm falling off of the shoulder joint. They were listed as used HOWEVER they were stated to have been breifly displayed and returned to the package. We have messaged each other a couple times he stated items were insured, which weren't then changed his message from they were sealed items to they were previously opened by himself. I'm not flaming anyone just keeping people aware

Thinking of ebay users Totmachine is another, sells damaged shinki but lists as new or gently displayed, provides bad images, no responses to emails and no better photos.

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki

Post by GundamShinki » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:50 pm

TRANS+CRAZY wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I was just checking out the items he had listed earlier today, and I almost considered getting an Asuka off of him, but decided against it.
There is a cheaper one on mandarake Nakano store.