Cheapest place to get blank(preferably black) bodies?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

PrimeGuy
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Cheapest place to get blank(preferably black) bodies?

Post by PrimeGuy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:30 am

So, wheres the cheapest place to order blank bodies? i know they are japan exclusive on konami.com or something and I'm thinking of ordering some for backups. maybe 1 for photography(beats paying a model for practice :D). so...

Any halp?

General_Noodles
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Pomock

Re: Cheapest place to get blank(preferably black) bodies?

Post by General_Noodles » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:36 am

Blank body cost around 2100 yen on Konami site and you couldn't get it any cheaper then that. You have to buy it directly from Konami. If you have a friend in Japan that are willing to buy some for you without the middleman charge, then more power to you.

This ebay shop offer the most reasonable price for the naked body.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/SAMURAI-TOY ... QQ_armrsZ1

Cost an extra 8 buck.

or try http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/, he seem to charge more for the service. E-mail him and ask the rate he would charge, Prime.

PrimeGuy
Class C Shinki

Post by PrimeGuy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:38 pm

General_Noodles wrote:Blank body cost around 2100 yen on Konami site and you couldn't get it any cheaper then that. You have to buy it directly from Konami. If you have a friend in Japan that are willing to buy some for you without the middleman charge, then more power to you.

This ebay shop offer the most reasonable price for the naked body.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/SAMURAI-TOY ... QQ_armrsZ1

Cost an extra 8 buck.

or try http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/, he seem to charge more for the service. E-mail him and ask the rate he would charge, Prime.
Ah thanks very much, i dont know anyone who lives in japan though. Maybe someone here would be willing? I dunno. I dont really have the cash right yet, I'm just thinking out loud lol.

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Dakarriel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:19 am

I get all my naked MMS from that ebay store that was mentioned (samurai toys). They had a couple black mms bodies a week ago, but they're all gone now. They still have several swimsuit naked bodies tho.

I talked with a guy from that store, they sez that once the MMS 3rds get released, they'll probably get more mms nakeds in. I was requesting some flesh color #2s, as they match with my Eukrante, Vespellio, Juvisy and Harmony Grace.

The $30 price tag is probably reasonable-ish, but still kinda expensive when you think that you could get a light armor fig for that amount. At least the shipping from them is fast and reasonable. My MMS nakeds came in within a week from them, while I'm still waiting for my hobbylink shipment.

aclee82
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ianeria

Post by aclee82 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:41 am

tokyo hunter stopped his service a while ago i got my naked black for waffebunny on ebay from toyjapan090 at around $30

Jorg Lieberstesh
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 7

Post by Jorg Lieberstesh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Thirding or so Samurai Toys. They've always been my go-to guys for MMS Naked Black bodies, and Kita's gotten a Wine Red from them in no time at all. The waiting every so often for more Black bodies to come in is the real hard part with them, though.

EDIT: Samurai Toys has Naked 3rd bodies already. Holy crap. :headbang:

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Does Samurai Toys Japan still stock the MMS 1st bodies, too, or are those gone? Reason being is that I want some of the old EX sets, mainly Tsugaru and Schmettering (I have good reasons for the latter, it involves the Autobot known as Wheelie...), but since they're only EX sets I need bodies, and I'd like to know if I can still get 1st version bodies or if I'll have to get Sky Girl figures to use as figure bases.

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Dakarriel » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:57 am

Why? Are the MMS 3rds incompatable with the early EX armor bodies? What exactly are the incompatabilities? I know that sometimes the arms or even the head fit loosely when socketed in, but that can vary between even individual sets. My brightfeather's extra face's neck falls out with the slightest touch when I use it with the body she came with (works well with the strarf bis body I have tho).

Oh, and samurai toys just got in their shipment of MMS 3rd's last week. I got some coming in, hell, even more than I currently have heads for. It's gonna be shweet. (Now to hunt down an ex fort bragg)

You all should go get em before they all sell out or something.

PrimeGuy
Class C Shinki

Post by PrimeGuy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:05 am

Dakarriel wrote:(Now to hunt down an ex fort bragg)

You all should go get em before they all sell out or something.
Angolz has Bragg in stock, its where I bought mine from.
http://www.angolz.com/home/productDetai ... 0000106213

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Dakarriel wrote:Why? Are the MMS 3rds incompatable with the early EX armor bodies?
It's the breastplates. Because They're so radicaly different, the EX set plates won't fit from what I hear. And With Tsugaru, her breastplate is part of her theme, stupid as it is.