Which Shinkis should be remade first?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

quotemarks
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Re: Which Shinkis should be remade first?

Post by quotemarks » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:24 am

I should like to see the EX Kit shinki come back as full-fledged, without the need for Blank bodies.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:41 am

StealthCoffeePot wrote:I for one, since some of the original shinkis were re-released at some point with extra parts/accessories, would like to see kotobukiya's shinki kits to include all such extra parts, (for example, their initial Arnval and Strarf kits include everything that the Tranche 2 and bis came with) but otherwise produce them in chronological order. (though the never produced bike girls could fit in at any point, as far as I'm concerned)
Koto Direct or first-run exclusives, most likely, if what they're doing with Frame Arms and FA Girls is any indication. Luckily, sometimes those extra pieces get put back into rotation. I'd actually like to see them release recolors as exclusives with the extra parts, then put those extra parts and some MSGs into a weapons set in the original colors and release that (akin to what they've been doing with the FA Girls). It would make them easy money via sprue reuse and give consumers several ways to get the parts they want.
quotemarks wrote:I should like to see the EX Kit shinki come back as full-fledged, without the need for Blank bodies.
Honestly, though, now that the Shinki base bodies are going to be a line unto themselves (if that ever materializes, at least), I'd expect the EX sets, if any, to still require a body; the idea being that you'd buy a Megami Device.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:32 pm

Klinkin wrote:Koto Direct or first-run exclusives, most likely, if what they're doing with Frame Arms and FA Girls is any indication.
tell that to all the Extend Arms sets.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Xehn wrote:
Klinkin wrote:Koto Direct or first-run exclusives, most likely, if what they're doing with Frame Arms and FA Girls is any indication.
tell that to all the Extend Arms sets.
Extend Arms feels like a little more than what we normally see in Shinki exclsuives. That said, though, how Koto likes to release recolored base FAs with recolored Extend Arms included would fit well with "release exclusive with parts included, then release parts as a separate kit colored for the normal release.," just with the release order reversed.

Squigsquasher
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf Lavina

Post by Squigsquasher » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:46 am

Sorry for threadromancy...ahem...

A Mk2 of Murmeltier would be awesome, mainly as she's so bloody expensive nowadays. If they gave her leg units with actual working treads then that'd be sweet. Maochao and Howling could do with Mk2s as IIRC they don't even have proper elbows when fully armoured. And yes, a million times yes to the unreleased Shinkis!