Finding new owner for my Shinki collection

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Finding new owner for my Shinki collection

Post by PenPen » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:26 pm

[Report:]
It's really been awhile... To be honest, I am kind of surprised by the fact that - this is how my road as an owner ends.

Anyway, to the topic:

- As mentioned in the subject, I am trying to find new owner for my Shinki collection.
- In case the picture (attachment) didn't go through, the collection is: Wave 1 to Wave 5, plus exclusive (aka different color) Arnval/Strarf/Maochao/Howling/Eukrante/Ianeira/Tsugaru.
- Please note, all exclusive boxes are not yet opened. (Uh, maybe one... But I closed it back really really really carefully.)
- Also, all Battle Rondo cards (in regular boxes) were used/scratched already, sorry.
- If you want to adopt, you will have to adopt the whole collection.
- The preferred adoption method (ordered from high to low):
1. If you can come and meet in person - I currently live in North York, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
2. If you can supply the full postage. (Which we will have to find out.)
3. If you were a battle rondo player. (Basically, an old owner/player like me.)
4. If you are new owner, whom, are not looking to re-sell but just cannot find Wave 1 to Wave 5.

Kindly let me know here, thank you.
[End of report]
Attachments
ShinkiCollection.jpg

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Finding new owner for my Shinki collection

Post by Klinkin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:21 pm

You're dead-set on the entire collection staying together? I'd be willing to adopt a few, but I unfortunately don't have the space nor time for many. I'm already trying to find more modular shelving and coming up empty.

Qualleq
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Qualleq » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:54 am

By adopting do you mean you're giving them away for free? If so I'd love to become their new owner, considering I've been a Busou Shinki fan for several years but never bought any because of those ridiculous prices. Also I'm living in Germany which might cause a problem with postage.

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 am

To Klinkin: Yes, I am looking to give away the whole collection to one person and not separate.

To Qualleq: Yes, for free. However, as you mentioned, the postage to Germany might cost a bit. (I think it will be around CDN$100+ for the whole collection, and that's just plain international shipment without tracking.) I will get a box/measurement and let you know once I have the postage price.

But please note that preferred method is still pick-up in person. (Plus Canadian border service *love* to open package, shipping can be an unpleasant experience...)
[End of report]

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:07 am

I know I just sent you a PM regarding this with my own personal interest in taking these shinkis off of you, but I also know someone who knows someone in Missisuaga who'd be interested in starting their own Shinki collection.

However, they're out of town for a week.

Do you think you could hold onto it for that time so that they can adopt them?

richigobankai
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 22
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by richigobankai » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:09 am

How extremely generous of you, I'd happily take them off you and pay postage to the UK.
Just got back from japan and only got myself a couple of girls because of limited funds :(

canofsprite
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Pomock

Post by canofsprite » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:10 am

Left you a PM!

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Thank you all for the replies and messages, I am really moved by many of the responses.

Judging from the replies and messages, here is my current plan (I am using location instead of mentioning name to avoid any conflict):

1. Wait for in person pick up from Mississagua, sometimes next week/weekend (after Monday).
2. If not, will discuss the postage (the parcel will be either one or two 45.7cm x 45.7cm x 60.9cm in size, I have yet get the quote from CanadaPost) to UK.
3. If not, will find out the postage to Germany. (And could you kindly confirm if you are willing to cover the postage?)
4. If not, will find out the postage to USA, and see if it is manageable from my end.

*. (Waiting on detail to place into plan.)

I will update this post as things move forward. Once again, thank you all for the wonderful responses.
[End of report]

richigobankai
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 22
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by richigobankai » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:46 pm

Any update on the situation my friend?

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Sorry for the delay, a few things happened...

- They found a new owner in Mississauga, http://imgur.com/a/UVw2s . I can only ask, please continue takes care of them with love.
- For those whom are not interested in folks-tale, please skip what I am about to share:

It has long been mentioned within Japanese folks-tales, that, when a owner care for an inanimate object for a long time, the said object would gain spirit. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukumogami)

After the farewell, within seven days, my previous landlord, whom we known for over ten years, decided to sell the place out of the blue. (It's a shocker to those whom knows the detail.) And I was on the move myself.

This may sounds like a coincidence, but I know things are connected, especially with all the other recent events. Those events are likely to continue, and I am willing to take the tasks.

Moral of the story: have a big heart, embrace everyone and everything you care about, and take care of what/who you love.
[End of report]