Sticky hair

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Sticky hair

Postby star » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:53 am

So it's been a while since I've posed a few of my girls but they've been sitting in a temperature controlled dry area not in the sun so I had assumed they were fine however I went to move some of the girls and noticed Tigris's hair was a bit sticky to the touch and Valona's pony tails will not come out nor will they move at all(they no longer rotate). Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? there are no other problems with any of my other shinki and it's only issues with the hair on Tigris and Valona. Any ideas?

I realize it's been a while since I was last here and I have a list of folks who dislike me but for the good of my girls, I'd love some advice
apologies if I've wronged you in the past, I admit in the past I've done some stupid/rude/inappropriate things here, I just want to make right what was wrong in the past, I am sorry
star
Class S Shinki

Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Sticky hair

Postby Stanisburgh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Warm dish soap and water solution soak for the sticky parts, try and dip valona's hair pieces in some hot water for a few seconds, pull them out, and then see if they'll come out.

You're seeing a plasticizer leak which will happen with any number of the older shinkis because of the soft plastic material that was used. Really no way around it but to wash it when it gets sticky.
Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki

Shinkis owned: 49

Re: Sticky hair

Postby star » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:09 pm

thank you :D

and thank goodness it was that simple, I was worried I needed to care for my girls better, but I wasn't sure how since they're already dusted frequently and kept in a cool environment out of the sun lol

glad it's that simple XD I can just use the same procedure I use with my old paintbrushes then lol

Thank you again :D this should help me a lot, I will also check if any other parts in the boxes need this treatment then since most of my girls are unarmored(due to space lol)
apologies if I've wronged you in the past, I admit in the past I've done some stupid/rude/inappropriate things here, I just want to make right what was wrong in the past, I am sorry
star
Class S Shinki

Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Return to Toy Discussion