Noob in need of advise.

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Shinki_Crazed
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1

Noob in need of advise.

Post by Shinki_Crazed » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:43 pm

I recently ordered Light Armor - Werkstra, and am really excited to activate her. But I am plannig on giving her some "enhancements" before the initial set up. I've looked through the Compatability guide but could not find my answer there :sad: I want my Werkstra to be a one of a kind! so I am wondering if Ianeira's armor chest plate will fit my Werkstra's chest. I don't want to buy Ianeira if it wouldn't work :vitulus:
Attachments
Untitled.png

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Noob in need of advise.

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:38 am

Werkstra and Ianeira are both Type 1 bodies, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:54 pm

To elaborate on Caterwaul's point: the compatibility chart (presumably you're referring to this one) covers the inter-compatibility between MMS1st bodies and Shinki using that body and the newer MMS3rd body. However, if you're only taking parts from two MMS1sts or two MMS3rds, they're almost certainly going to be compatible. If you don't know which body a given Shinki is, you can look at the compatibility chart; any sets listed on the left-most column are MMS1st sets. Alternatively, you can usually tell by looking at the body; the MMS3rds are in general curvier, with the most noticable difference being the hip joints; MMS3rds have more rounded and organic-looking hip joints than MMS1sts. Also, the MMS3rd body comes in two sizes; Tall, which is about the same size as an MMS1st, and Small, which is about a head shorter. MMS1sts only come in one size.

On chest plates specifically: between the MMS1st and MMS3rd figures, the design of the chest changed significantly. MMS1sts have chest plates that snap onto the front, while MMS3rds have vest-style chest plates that go over the shoulders and latch on both in the front and back. There does exist an adapter to mount MMS1st chests on an MMS3rd, but it's rare and makes the chest plate stick out more than it should.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:26 pm

Mind you that their skin colors are different.

Shinki_Crazed
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1

Post by Shinki_Crazed » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Alright great! Thanks for all the information! I will order Ianeira later tonight:)

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Depending if you have the original Werkstra or Repaint you may get lucky with close to matching colors on skin tone. The Werkstra I had before trading for Gabrine was a very close skintone match to the Dengeki Ianeira(black and red version). The original Ianeira skin tone will be too different compared to original release Werkstra though since Ia' is more pink in color and Werkstra is more yellowish. The mermaid chest plates are compatible for sure I can say that from first hand experience. Good luck modding your girl!