Busou Shinki Health

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Busou Shinki Health

Post by ArcticKitsune » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:09 pm

Hopefully this won't be too much to ask of those on here as I want to ask two questions.

1) How strong is the Busou Shinki following in your area?
Weak or low; I only know of myself who actually owns one in Ottawa with a handful hiding their Busou Shinkis in a closet-Otaku manner. People seem to enjoy hiding, such as myself so can't really see except in highly rare images. I was even asked once how much they sell for since someone wanted to sell them. It made me sad as Dolls are more popular than Shinkis.

2) How populated is your Busou Shinki collection?
10 Shinkis, 2 cradles, Battle Rondo files, Battle Masters & MK. II, and almost all the OST tracks. I'm still seeking the Moon Angel OST from someone willing.

--------

This thread may fail so I'm 100% relying on you folks to post up to start gauging how strong the Busou Shinki grasp is after the whole Busou Shinki raiding. Don't be shy and post?

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Re: Busou Shinki Health

Post by oOnyaOo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:33 pm

1. I've gotten quite a few people in my area and local doll com to buy shinkis. Some have several and some only have one that they love. I would guesstimate around 6 of us have shinkis in our community plus there are others who are looking to buy one one day. Plus my aunt who lives with me also has one of her own.

2. 15 (including shinkis I have bought for bodies), 2 MMS Sky Girls, 2 blank/swimsuit bodies, 4 off brand heads (Candy Meteor)
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:44 pm

1) in my country... just me! (at least officially)

2) 32 shinkis (counting ex sets and the extra shinkis i got as bodies) and battle rondo/diorama studio files...

that's all i can say basically...

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:15 am

I'm the only collector, AFAIK. I know a couple of people who either liked the figures before or were introduced to them by the anime, but don't collect.

Shinki # here:
<

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Managed to make at least one friend interested in them. Many of my friends, while not interested, are able to recognize shinkis due to me sometimes spamming pics.

As for my collection.... around twenty something, I'd say ?

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:34 am

Ooh, I've only seen this just now so I'll respond real quick.

1. The following in Thailand is OK, with the biggest hurdle being the lack of means to acquire the girls. Almost all the shinki in circulation (could you even call it that?) are individually imported via Mandarake, AmiAmi or Ebay. I've supplied half a dozen girls to friends in the country myself, though that would probably account for about 1% of all possible shinki in the country. I know of a few people with over 5 shinki in their collection, though one of them is also a member here in BSW. We have our own Facebook group, so keeping track of who has what and the total number of masters is pretty easily counted. At the moment, we have 147 members - a few of them are from neighboring countries, though. I can't confirm if they all have a shinki or not, but I do know that there are members who don't have a shinki and are looking for one.

Thing is, though, only about half a dozen are active members. The rest seem to be simply lurking...

2. Let's see... Counting the latest girl who just got here this evening, that makes... 8 shinkis and 2 MMS naked. Only one (Amy - MMS Type Cannon Fort Bragg Dusk) was pre-ordered while the MMS Naked are directly from KonamiStyle. The rest are all second-hand.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>