Designing a Shinki Schematic

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Sciver
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estri/Graffi/Proxi

Designing a Shinki Schematic

Post by Sciver » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:59 am

So! I'm interested in creating (or at least getting the process started even if I at some point find I can't finish) a schematic for Shinki parts.

This is, I know, a somewhat involved task, and I'll need your help.
I myself am too.... un-funded... to afford any MMS shinki models of my own, so I'm hoping some of you can help me out.

I'll need (preferably clear, but any would help) pictures of fully disassembled Shinki parts.
(The goal here is to have as accurate as possible, a guide for creating replacements and/or custom parts)

Of course I know that this would all be infinitely easier if I could just get my own and clamp the parts in my calipers, but I'm flat broke.... so, I'll be needing pics, and I may need some help measuring once in a while.

Eventually I hope to apply the values to 3D models, and get an accurate template from it. Trusting the game models to be completely accurate without even measuring would be a bad idea
And of course the internals of the models aren't included in those models.

So... ah... anyone willing to help?

MechanicalPen
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Waffebunny

Re: Designing a Shinki Schematic

Post by MechanicalPen » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:58 pm

I have some measurements I need to type up, but in there meantime, posted in this thread are some useful pictures to figure out how Shinki work.

viewtopic.php?f=23&p=36169