Values of shinkis?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Spoiler
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Values of shinkis?

Post by Spoiler » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:06 pm

I had a question as far as to if Shinkis retain their value, or increase.

I currently would like to offer up a few: Arnval(not sure what ver.), Eurkrante, Ach, Prototype Pomock, and Prototype Partio. What are these worth if they were just displayed, and all pieces still on hand with box? I tried figuring value on sold listings on ebay, but couldn't tell if $50 was the magic number, as I saw an Ach sell that was a used and damaged fig, for $150.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: Values of shinkis?

Post by Klinkin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:38 am

Due to low production runs compared to demand, most Shinkis have held their value pretty well. The recent anime gave the MkIIs and Valkyries a pretty solid boost in value (and they were already some of the more expensive Shinkis to begin with). I can't say what the market is going to do in the future; Konami's been mysteriously quiet about the line, so we're not sure when the next Shinkis are coming out, only that they're overdue. It's likely that Konami's having issues with its factories, as the last run was pretty obviously a sting run to catch leaks coming out of the factory that had plagued the last couple of runs.

Spoiler
MMS Naked

Post by Spoiler » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 am

Hmm, makes sense. Would you think that the figs were worth $50 or more? I'm not trying to make a killing selling these. But don't want to sell them too low either. Is Ach really worth that much even as used?

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:30 pm

$50 is about the price the figures were sold at retail for (give or take, especially older ones, when the yen and dollar traded differently). However, you're almost guaranteed to get significantly higher than that on the secondhand market. eBay tends to have overpriced Shinkis, but they still fetch a good sum on more reasonable sites. As for your individual Shinkis:
Arnval: Figure out what version you have. They vary widely; all the MkIIs can easily see upwards of $200, thanks to the anime, while the original sells for less.
Eukrante: Unfortunately, Eukrante's been seeing a lot of rereleases, so the market's pretty flooded with them. She's still more in-demand than Ianeria, though, so she'll go for more.
Partio and Pomock: Light armor sets, and not particularly popular ones at that. However, they should still fetch a decent sum.

I recommend you post a thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forums. That's really where this should be.

Spoiler
MMS Naked

Post by Spoiler » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 pm

I was going to post a thread, but was seeing if I should post a separate thread for determining value, as I didn't want to post and put them at too high of a price and get flamed for being outrageously priced.

I almost was going to post them at $75 for the heavy each, $50 for the lights and see where that went.