My new MMS Cleaning tips

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Prospect
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zel Berig

My new MMS Cleaning tips

Post by Prospect » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:39 pm

I've got a new MMS Girl, I've had her for a few months now and she's got a few grey spots on her chest and torso. She's usually sitting on my bedroom desk so I imagine it's just dust.

Oddly though I've used cotton swabs to fix it just fine in the past, but the spots aren't coming off now.
I'm wondering if anyone here knows some good methods for cleaning shinkis and maybe even shining them up a bit.
Attachments
IMAG0596.jpg
Odessa holding my wiha.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: My new MMS Cleaning tips

Post by Klinkin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm

I hear standard polymer erasers can sometimes get smudges off, and they won't mess up the paint. Unfortunately, they're not too good at getting more tenacious stains out.

Prospect
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zel Berig

Post by Prospect » Sun May 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Klinkin wrote:I hear standard polymer erasers can sometimes get smudges off, and they won't mess up the paint. Unfortunately, they're not too good at getting more tenacious stains out.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it straight away! =)

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Post by Mobius » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:15 am

Prospect wrote:I've got a new MMS Girl, I've had her for a few months now and she's got a few grey spots on her chest and torso. She's usually sitting on my bedroom desk so I imagine it's just dust.

Oddly though I've used cotton swabs to fix it just fine in the past, but the spots aren't coming off now.
I'm wondering if anyone here knows some good methods for cleaning shinkis and maybe even shining them up a bit.
I don't know if you're still looking for it, but I've found that nine times out of ten, Windex or window cleaner is your best friend. You might have to let her soak overnight, but unless it's something happening to her actual surface, the Windex will get it off or make it weak enough that it can be scrubbed, without damaging the plastic or normal paintjob underneath.

Also, what Shinki is that?

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Mobius wrote:Also, what Shinki is that?
Unless I miss my guess, it's GP03S Stamen MS Girl from the AGP line; Prospect seems to have mis-identified her as belonging to the non-Shinki MMS line.