Mandarake, what do you think?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

atl_grunge
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: strarf

Mandarake, what do you think?

Post by atl_grunge » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi people. Just to compare opinions.
Who has purchased shinkis at this store? Please share your experiences here.

In my case I have an Asuka from Mandarake and she dont have any broken pieces except for the main sword and the plastic inner tray of the box D:
It was a good acquisition for the cheap price :ach: , and I was surprised when I saw the box in good conditions.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Mandarake, what do you think?

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:40 pm

I've made countless purchases there (including very high priced ones such as a Dollfie) and trust them 100%.

atl_grunge
MMS Naked
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: strarf

Post by atl_grunge » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:04 am

Shiaoran wrote:I've made countless purchases there (including very high priced ones such as a Dollfie) and trust them 100%.
Some bad experiences ?

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:31 am

only bad experience from Mandarake?

none whatsoever..

maybe DHL asking for a Customs fine but thats outside of Mandarakes control
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:44 am

atl_grunge wrote:
Shiaoran wrote:I've made countless purchases there (including very high priced ones such as a Dollfie) and trust them 100%.
Some bad experiences ?
None.

Raffi von Lederhosen
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0

Post by Raffi von Lederhosen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:14 pm

I got both of my Shinkis via Mandarake. The descriptions said something about box damage, but I couldn't find a single scratch, on the boxes as well as on the Shinkis themselves. Even the washers and what have you were still on the sprues and everything. Additionally, Proxima's instruction manual was said to be missing. It wasn't. Heh. Shipping was super fast. Thumbs up, would buy again. :thumbsup:

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:23 pm

The thing about the boxes is that they don't take responsibility if the post office treats the package like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk

kintaro
Class A Shinki

Post by kintaro » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Can't speak for the post office as I only used DHL option with them, but Mandarake is my primary go-to store. I bought 2 shinkis and a bunch of other stuff there.

(It does help that I know Japanese and can read all the descriptions, it also helps with search as some items do not have English in their descriptions).

To be completely fair, I did have one issue (if you could call it that) with Mandarake: I ordered an item and got the confirmation email and then I got the payment request a day later. When I went to pay I noticed that my item now had a different picture on the payment page (same description and same item code though). I was surprised so I went to Mandarake website and looked up my item: it had different picture, different description and different price (!). So I emailed them and they basically apologized and said there was a mix up and cancelled the item (they never had it in the 1st place). I don't know what would have happened if I went ahead and paid, so I am now extra careful with payments/confirmations. If it helps, that was Sapporo Store. Usually I buy from Nakano Store and they are awesome (if I order during JST business hours I might have the item confirmed, paid for and shipped all within like 2 hours of purchase).

kintaro
Class A Shinki

Post by kintaro » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Raffi von Lederhosen wrote:I got both of my Shinkis via Mandarake. The descriptions said something about box damage, but I couldn't find a single scratch, on the boxes as well as on the Shinkis themselves. Even the washers and what have you were still on the sprues and everything. Additionally, Proxima's instruction manual was said to be missing. It wasn't. Heh. Shipping was super fast. Thumbs up, would buy again. :thumbsup:
Yes, they tend to exaggerate when it comes to descriptions. Everything I bought from them had "not opened, box damaged", but it was all essentially MISB, boxes were pristine.

I've never bought anything "opened/used/parts missing" though so I can't speak for that.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 pm

well remember, Japanese Otaku are insane, so the tiniest bit of shelf wear is "box damage".

Only bought from Mandarake once myself but that was a wonderful experience.