Mandarake, what do you think?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

yumgry
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yoko

Re: Mandarake, what do you think?

Post by yumgry » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:16 pm

I haven't bought there before, but if I find a shinki I want there I definitely will. Also, they have so much pretty cure stuff... :headbang:
This signature is so like, awesome.

NO SHINKI'S D:

Wishlist: Brightfeather, Pomock, Waffebunny, Zyrdarya, Juvisy, Yoko, MMS body

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:33 pm

I've bought opened items off them before and they were still pristine. They're not like amiami who only gives you an a/b/c rating on the item quality, rather Mandarake tries to give full disclosure. :)

atl_grunge
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: strarf

Post by atl_grunge » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:00 am

I've recently purchased an strarf mk II konami style shinki with the status "box damaged/opened/access code not used". Let's see in a few weeks. :strarf:

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:41 am

... 'access code not used'? there were mk2s with access codes? >_>;a

yumgry
Class B Shinki

Post by yumgry » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:13 am

Sonja wrote:I've bought opened items off them before and they were still pristine. They're not like amiami who only gives you an a/b/c rating on the item quality, rather Mandarake tries to give full disclosure. :)
Huh. I've just been looking on AmiAmi and all of the Shinki's are sold out. (Although they are cheap XD) Is this like a fault on their website? Because you guys seem to be able to buy them from there... :question:
Also on Mandarake do the sellers decide the shipping cost, and if so is it included in the cost shown?

NO SHINKI'S D:

atl_grunge
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: strarf

Post by atl_grunge » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 am

Xehn wrote:... 'access code not used'? there were mk2s with access codes? >_>;a
I was wrong, really is "without acces code". check it out:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-452284.html

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:09 pm

regardless I've seen them put 'access code not used' on things that definitely didn't come with them. I find it amusing.

Raiski
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda Stradale

Post by Raiski » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:13 pm

yumgry wrote:
Sonja wrote:I've bought opened items off them before and they were still pristine. They're not like amiami who only gives you an a/b/c rating on the item quality, rather Mandarake tries to give full disclosure. :)
Huh. I've just been looking on AmiAmi and all of the Shinki's are sold out. (Although they are cheap XD) Is this like a fault on their website? Because you guys seem to be able to buy them from there... :question:
Also on Mandarake do the sellers decide the shipping cost, and if so is it included in the cost shown?
They mean AmiAmi's preowned section's rating system. There's some used shinkis for sale there, but I wouldn't call them "cheap". >.> As for your other question, yes they mark the shipping price on the package, but you can ask them to declare a lower price for the items you've bought. Just write on the comment section something like "please declare the combined value of these items to be 1500 yen". That's what I do to avoid custom fees. :)

I've had nothing but good experiences with Mandarake, and I've bought items from them more time than I can remember. But just remember that they aren't flexible with payments, and won't usually allow cancellations. If you're a troublesome customer to them, they won't hesitate to ban you.

yumgry
Class B Shinki

Post by yumgry » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 am

Raiski wrote:
yumgry wrote:
They mean AmiAmi's preowned section's rating system. There's some used shinkis for sale there, but I wouldn't call them "cheap". >.> As for your other question, yes they mark the shipping price on the package, but you can ask them to declare a lower price for the items you've bought. Just write on the comment section something like "please declare the combined value of these items to be 1500 yen". That's what I do to avoid custom fees. :)

I've had nothing but good experiences with Mandarake, and I've bought items from them more time than I can remember. But just remember that they aren't flexible with payments, and won't usually allow cancellations. If you're a troublesome customer to them, they won't hesitate to ban you.
Well, thanks for the explanation :)

NO SHINKI'S D:

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 am

My best friend and I have ordered Shinkis off of Mandarake before. Not a really bad place to get Shinkis for fairly reasonable prices.

I did get a couple of Shinki that were so floppy that their parts easily fall off. First off my Strarf Mk2; her legs are so wobbly, I can't get her to stand properly. Then, Arnval Tempesta Mk2; she is so floppy, she can't stand properly and I put on her long hair piece, and that falls off quite a lot. But... that's the price one pays for buying secondhand Shinkis. So regardless of that, I've been pleased with Mandarake and will continue to buy from them.