Interest in replacement screws?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Re: Interest in replacement screws?

Post by Sonja » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 pm

I wouldn't mind getting some new screws for my girls as well, a couple of the older ladies could use a replacement. It might be possible to find a proxy service to do the order for us, but then we'd wind up paying a proxy fee as well - still, most sellers like this do not seem to like shipping overseas so I'm not sure what we could do about that.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Gimme a few days. I know someone in Japan who could most likely buy this and dispatch it to everyone after. I'll see if he can do it, and if he can, we'll make a list of those interested on this thread.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki

Post by Shikaze » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Welp, just got a reply, he can't...
Another idea : asking Ken_works. For whose following him on twitter, you should know he's always around for those conventions. That's worth a shot, at least.
For info if you never heard about him : he's a fan of aviation and shinkis, and is working with Danny Choo. Met the guy in France, quite friendly.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm

It certainly might be worthwhile to ask around and see if someone can hook us up rather than relying on a proxy service. Solo, you're right if this doesn't work we might be able to get some made, I wonder what dimensions shinki screws are. I think M 1.4?

Autobus Prime
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Autobus Prime » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Chief:

Custom machining seems awfully drastic for something that's probably bought by the kg from a screw supplier. :idea: Has anybody looked to see if Mcmaster-Carr or your friendly neighborhood screw supplier have anything that will work? These would be specialized screws for plastics. Mcmaster has some in their tapping screw section:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#tapping-screws/=jzrhzp

The 2mm triangular-shank screws for plastics have a .95 mm pitch, according to McM.
:benio: Image

Autobus Prime
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Autobus Prime » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:11 pm

s:

Ah, if it's aesthetic, that changes the game. ;) I thought it was just replacement screws you were after. I lose more of those when painting Transformers...

And yeah, maybe the pitch isn't quite right on those...McM-C has a pretty limited selection of screws for plastic. I wasn't sure if you were saying the pitch was just about .65 mm or the distance between some point on the thread flanks.
:benio: Image

Shikaze
Class S Shinki

Post by Shikaze » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:53 am

BSW-ers, rejoice !
Managed to got Ken to agree to buy them. What we agreed on was that he'd buy them, send them to me, and I'd take care of dispatching it to whoever's interested once I get them.
So, now, what we need is to make a list of who's interested and how much bag/screws you want.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Oh, awesome. If we are going to do this and talk money, perhaps we should make a Marketplace thread to discuss the overall list and payments?

It really is an aesthetics thing, as well as just replacing old, rusty screws. Especially on the MMS1st girls who have black screws. ><

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 am

One upcoming event is December, the next is the 2013 Winter WonFes.

Winter WonFes might be more convenient for me, but it really depends on which Ken will be attending as he is the one who is being nice enough to buy for us.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki

Post by Shikaze » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:42 pm

He didn't ask for any middleman fees, but I'll most likely give him a little extra. As for me, I'm in France. Ken will send them by EMS, and I'll see with everyone how you want it sent, depending on your patience and money.