Cradle?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Cradle?

Post by halconfenix » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:03 am

*dusts thread*

ok i have to ask to the lucky owners of cradles....

¿how much did it cost yours?

i'm asking because as some of you already know i'm making a cradle to sell on shapeways, and i want to make sure that at least i got it cheap enough to make it worth, since compared to the original this one doesnt have any gimmicks besides looking pretty....

MechanicalPen
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Waffebunny

Post by MechanicalPen » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:46 pm

It's very hard to find cradles these days, so it would probably be worth it at any price (when I bought mine 3 years ago, the price was 2000 yen.)

If you need a gimmick, I suggest a removeable bottom and a mousehole large enough to run a cord through. Then you could put things like a flash drive or similar inside it and run a USB cable out of it.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:54 pm

MechanicalPen wrote:It's very hard to find cradles these days, so it would probably be worth it at any price (when I bought mine 3 years ago, the price was 2000 yen.)

If you need a gimmick, I suggest a removeable bottom and a mousehole large enough to run a cord through. Then you could put things like a flash drive or similar inside it and run a USB cable out of it.
2000 yen? that's a steal!... and i just found on ebay one for $72... which is still uber-cheap compared to what shapeways is telling me for my model... *sigh*

time to keep on modeling i guess

dovecoon
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Waffebunny

Post by dovecoon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:14 pm

New user here so first off, sorry if bumping older threads is bad etiquette here.

Anyway, any pictures of the standard cradle? I can find plenty of pictures of the white & black set, but none of the standard single cradle. I'm assuming it's the same thing, just in a different color. Trying to decide if I want to get one with Rakuten's new user coupon and if the color goes well with any of mine, that might be the deciding factor.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 pm

The original cradle is the same as the white cradle in the two-pack, the black cradle in the two-pack just has the colors swapped, iirc.

i0nNepgear
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval mk.2 Tempesta

Post by i0nNepgear » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:19 pm

First off, sorry for digging this grave.
I just ordered a Cradle on Amazon for eye-watering CA$171 (include shipping). But anyway, im gonna make it more useful than just a LED lamp.
I'm planning on putting a 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD (cost me CA$135) into the cradle, and mod the LED into a status indicator.
I'll post pictures here (or somewhere else) after im done... it should not be a hard job. :strarf:
A tech nerd from China (now lives in Canada).
Only have an Arnval mk.2 Tempesta. I named her Ariel.
YURI IS THE BEEEST!!!