If your Shinkis were real....

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

If your Shinkis were real....

Post by ArcticKitsune » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 pm

I wanted to up a thread on a "what if" our Shinkis were real to see how our lives would change with their presence. After seeing both the Moon Angel and the first few episodes of the Busou Shinki TV anime what would your Shinkis do? What do you expect of them, think they would behave, and how would you keep them clean as days go by? I hope none of you think of them as sex toys, keep that NSFW stuff out of here!

Here, let me give you an example and it would be much appreciated if you would also go into detail. If you got more than 10-20 maybe choose your favorite then summaries the rest?

------------

- Benio, Renge, Kohiru, Tsugaru, Fubuki, Renge, Sharatang, Vierette, Mizuki Mk. II, "secret":
(Edit: Guess I'm bunching mine up because a list makes it TL; DR type deal.)

Constant chattering, switching and sharing of cradles, and just constant child-like behavior. I would hazard a guess that Benio, Sharatang, Mizuki, and Fubuki would probably be the most mature and peaceful out of the bunch; Renge x2, Kohiru, and Liberty would constantly stir up chaos by constantly fighting and verbally harassing one another. Tsugaru? Only appear during the winter due to a lack of any body. Benio and Tsugaru would probably be constantly body swapping, maybe even routinely if asked.

They would constantly venture both indoors and outdoors, but only with supervision and when in groups. Even though they have weapons they can still run out of batteries, get eaten by wildlife, and even harassed by bored people in the area. I also have spare cameras so it wouldn't be farfetched to see them blogging about their own adventures on their own personal blogs with an adapter connecting to a laptop, computer, etc. Co-admin bloggers on my own blog eh? That be awkwardly awesome.

On trips I would probably take those that fit the area or could probably enjoy it the most. Renge and Kohiru would obviously be the two main shinkis I'd bring, unless returning to the same spot over and over or other Shinkis begging to go. Would even expect the Vic Viper unit to be borrowed on numerous occasions with me having to fetch fuel every few days to run the unit. Would expect to see them zipping around studying things along with them helping me with photography. Would use whoever would be using the Vic Viper on the day to scout out, fetch stuff, and just behave.

I would mostly likely even use them to even go to airports to go places I can't go. They can sneak around and are hard to spot. Rule or not, I would have my Shinkis carefully make their way to various places to take images of planes up close while taking note of safety for all sides. I bet the airport would eventually notice, banning me from taking images with Shinkis by adding anti-Shinki security heh.

Sharatang and Fubuki? I think Shara would play with my Fruityloops program simply by clicking and inserting patterns via the mouse while having me fetch specially made headphones for her. I would assume Fubuki to simply keep watch, meditate, and just help me alongside Renge. Could have Fubuki go where Liberty can't with her flying unit with a camera, and not my Lumix Camera. Would even expect Mizuki and Fubuki to hang around on scout duties, practice-duel one another, or venture outdoors with one another in curiosity.

--------
Edit zone for "secret"; Shall guess when I obtain her.

-------

- Postal: I would allow my Shinkis to tend to my postal needs, unless I really do need to be there to sign stuff.
- Tournaments: if such existed I would be there trying to be number 1 with mostly Renge and Kohiru, unless situations require me to swap to other Shinkis. I would try to be the #1 in my area which probably might get me to go other places.

-------------

Don't be shy in sharing, simply curious as to what our Shinkis might do when alive. Hope to see what you think your Shinkis would do :)
Last edited by ArcticKitsune on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: If your Shinkis were real....

Post by Shiaoran » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:24 pm

ArcticKitsune wrote:I hope none of you think of them as sex toys, keep that NSFW stuff out of here!
Hmm, minigirls...

XD

I've been waiting for a decent android for my whole life, and will never be old enough to stop hoping. I still remember the letdown that AIBO was (good thing it was too expensive to purchase and turn into a regret).

I guess mine would all be very well disciplined and would dust off all my other non-living figures for me! MWAHAHA!
Only having the Shinkis cleaning themselves would be help enough, I hate how their complicated armors are so full of dust-magnet gaps :P
Having them surprise me with new poses for the figures would be a nice bonus.

"Didn't I say no kitbashing yourselves with the NSFW figures? Looking hot though, keep at it."

"Sorry we had to dismantle all of our armors to make both these huge Shinki-bots, we weren't strong enough to pose 1/3 figures all by ourselves..."
"No... No problem at aaallll!!!! Image"

And no leaving the room, I'm an overprotective master.
I shouldn't worry about battle damage, they'd be too well mannered to fight.

NaitoNii
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2

Post by NaitoNii » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Hmm that would be a tough one, I guess.

I think my Benio :benio: would definitely be the "Onee-san" type. The caring, yet responsible adult type. She would make sure I'd get out of bed on time for school and have breakfast. And encourages me to do more about my training instead of neglecting it so much.

And she would always accompany me to school to make sure I won't slack off there as well.

Strarf :strarf: would definitely be either a Tsundere or a playful type of character. She and Benio would go outside and seek out adventure, while trying not to cause to much trouble for me. And they would also hold sparring matches with each other to keep their combat skills in shape. And if they get to crazy, I will have to remind them of who "Master" really is :P

But I really wouldn't mind seeing them come to life as helpful AI's. It would also add more fun to my life. And of course like the rest of us, I would leave one behind to accept my incoming parcels. I still wonder how legal issues work when a 15-cm tall AI signed for something.

But that's about how I envisioned it. Didn't really gave it much thought, but definitely a fun fantasy.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Hm...I actually don't think my day-to-day life would be all that different, though it would be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. Given that Shinki could likely play videogames, it would also mean a whole lot less frustration on my part at poor pub teams online. However, they'd likely give me something more meaningful to do than watch anime and browse the net in all of my spare time. As an electrical/computer engineer, I'd appreciate the help with coding and other such work.

As for how they'd act...I'd expect my Eukrante to be more mellow and less optimistic than the standard AI package; probably actually a similar temperament to myself. My Raptias would likely be a bit headstrong but not too overconfident, given how their AI is said to be. We'd probably participate on a semi-casual level in Shinki battles, though I think we'd all prefer team battles over solos (Eukrantes would likely make surprisingly good recons).

battrastard
MMS Naked

Post by battrastard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 am

Hmmm, "real life"??
To start, in order of the kids arrivals... (And trying to keep them in "character")
Arnval: My first and faithful... Naive and fairly "innocent" would mostly be the first one to greet anybody at my house, courteous and polite, yet firm in "removing" anyone selling stuff or soliciting in any way.... I'd be happy if she had a beer ready for me when I get home from work and also would help Kohiru in making dinner....

Lancamento and Espadia: My "Bug" Girls... would prolly explain to me the difference between "Harmful" and "Helpful" critters around my house, fostering the Mantis and removing the Locust, I guess...

Juvisy and Zyrdarya: Plants and seeds, Flowers and Weeds...... Even a weed has pretty flowers, I guess........ I'd probably have flowers on my tables every day

Xyphos...... I think she'd pester my Saber Figma into sparring, just to see who's the best.... *My lil security guard! Would have Howling along for patrols, I think*

Howling: Would be mostly prowling thru the house, making sure there's no trespassers here, loyalty programming is pretty intense....
Maochao: Typical cat personality, I'd think.. Lay in the sun most of the day, bring you a dead critter to lay at your feet when you'd least expect it.. (Think of any Neko based meme, and you've got her!!)

Kohiru: My Kitchen Muse... If you can think of anything unique for a meal, she'd take it a few steps further....... *and you wouldn't ever complain!*

Update, 11/03/13:

Where I work, repairing RV's, Travel Trailers, MotorHomes and such, out here in the southern US, we have a major problem with "Pack rats"… These lil shits will completely destroy an
interior of a Travel trailer in a very short time! (I'll post an example, soon!) I'd Love to have MaoChao or Howling do a "close combat" session within one of these things!!
I believe my Boss would be more than happy to have a few of my girls drag out the "culprits" to the customer, and give us a few dollars more in exchange! (I think any of my girls
would be happy to do that!) :cheesygrin:
Last edited by battrastard on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:27 am

Hmmm...I already thought about my five most liked shinkis personality, not yet for the others.

Erica (Altlene) : Not far from the stock personality, but a bit less clumsy. Still a desu spammer. She will be the most attentive to my need like waking me up, reminding me of schedule, and make sure I don't do anything crazy while depressed. She also have interest in gaming and a good gamer and often become my partner or opponent in gaming. Can be extremely stubborn and jealous though. Spends most of the time reading some cooking book and health information to keep my health and sanity in check. In charge of house cleaning together with Riela (Sharatang) and also preparing dinner. Not too enthusiastic about battling and only battling when necessary or sparring.

Faintear (Raptias) : The big sis of the lot. Her biggest asset is her logic, common sense and observation, making her also good to look out any potential intruder in my home. She usually spends her time keeping others in check and make sure that everyone is well maintained. She also will be in charge of daily schedule and sparring of other shinkis. Her daily skills is like the Jack of All trades though. While not the best, she can do a fair bit of everything, so most of the time after taking care of the schedule, she will support those in need. Often quarrel with Erica. She will be the one I usually go to when I need moral support.

Riela (Sharatang) : Most of the time she is in charge of cleaning the house with Erica, but because she is very dexterous (and Erica clumsiness), she usually in charge for more delicate cleaning. She also in charge together with Alisa for maintaining their equipment. Calm, composed but naive (softer way of saying lacks a bit in common sense). Spends most of the time listening to music and trying something new...including Insane things. Often brings trouble and headache to Faintear. Still, her calm and composed act bring peaceful situation most of the time...at least until she decided to try something new.

Alisa (Ach) : The hot headed and competitive one. Often act first and ask later. She also act as the main mechanic for maintaining everyone equipment. Due to her mechanic skill, she also can do some small maintenance of any appliances in the house, though she still call me when big maintenance or some repair is needed. When not maintaining, she usually strolls around the house and even goes out for some drive. She also often urge me to become better and not slacking up in order to have a better tomorrow. Have a hobby of chasing out rodents and insects with her (and sometimes borrow others) equipment.

Rin (Yda) : Tsundere Ojousama. Not too mention she also have a sharp tongue. She will be the one in charge of the house budget and reminding me if a bill is overdue and important spending is needed and warns me if I spends too much for the month. She also the one in charge receiving a delivery on the house and chasing out those annoying sales person or anyone asking for donation out of the house with her sharp and sarcastic remarks. Spends most of her time watching television. Quite fashionable so she usually the first one complaining since I often neglect of those delicate fashion sense. While she is not the most honest of her feeling, but we care for each other too like others.

And of course they also have some together activities when they don't have anything to do like sparring with each other, gossiping, watch some television programs together. But the most important maybe, they give me a place to go back. A place to go home where going home is actually something I look for.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

bang04
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by bang04 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 pm

If they are real, I don't want to see some idiot try to world domination by shinki like Danball Senki.(LOL)

But for me, I will have someone that can live with, they can help me clean room, made some food and play together all day, modelling for fashion dress and photograph.

In fact, I think we will decreased population growth (LOL), like "Chobits", everybody care about their own shinki. As you can see, we have 4-5 cute girls around, very take care, cheerful, lovely, do whatever you want, why we need real girls that 3 days cute, 4 days monster. (LOL)

Ranalcus

Post by Ranalcus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:45 am

I would buy them really little gamepads and simply play with them... Ehh, maybe they be good enough to help me finish few games?

Just think, it they were real there would be a whole lots of business around them, cloths shops, used parts shops, customizing shops etc..
Thats a really good job for a fan of shinki, playing with them whole day and getting paycheck! :3

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Now that you mention this... I wonder how the girls would fare owned by a struggling artist like me. (Ha.)

In order of arrival:

Helen (Oorbellen): She's the first shinki I received. I'd imagine her being a soft-spoken big sis, always looking out for everyone (the owner included). She's actually been with me for almost a year and a half, now that I think about it. She'd be a bit on the stern side, but not overly aggressive. Considering she's a 2nd-hand shinki, she's probably consigned herself to serving whoever is her current owner but hopes to find someone she could attach to. This would make her an excellent mentor to younger shinkis, seeing she's got some experiences with changing owners. I don't see her as being particularly combative, so I guess she won't be involved in any tournament affairs. (Before she came under my care, though...)

Amy (Fort Bragg Dusk): The second shinki to arrive. I actually got her straight from KonamiStyle, along with the pre-order bonus. That would (technically) make her the youngest of all my shinkis by manufacturing date. She'd be the "bad cop" to Helen's "god cop" when it comes to discipline. She's also the one who would keep watch over the girls when they go outside and chase away suspicious-looking people. The over-protective big sis, that's what she'll be.

Reisen (Asuka): She's the third shinki, also 2nd-handed. I see her as being a bit like Hina from the Busou Shinki anime - aspiring tournament champion, disciplined and straight-forward. A handful for any laid-back owner (like myself) and demands the best from everyone around her. Plays the straight girl to the other girl's wisecracks, especially when paired with Ritsu or her twin Hayate.

Ritsu (Pomock): The sugary hyper little sister who's always getting into trouble, much to the dismay of Reisen and Amy. She'll be the first to jump at a new discovery, table edges be damned. However, as a stuntgirl by nature, she rarely bites off more than she could chew. She can always count on her older sisters to bail her out, after all. However, she loves them all and tries not to get into too much trouble. More interested in exploring the world than tournament battles.

Hayate (Asuka): Reisen's twin, albeit arriving a few months later. She's the team mechanic and loves to tinker with stuff. Also one of the reason she gave Reisen her gears, since it would mean more opportunities to experiment with engine output and controls. A bit more laid back than her twin sister and a bit of a trickster herself. Also, loves messing with gunpla and other plamo (necessitating this owner to stash most of the stuff well out of her reach). Generally helps Helen around with cleaning and organizing the room. Then again, she's also very fond of the local game shop with their plethora of boardgames and the occasional table-top wargaming.

Hilde (Arnval): The newest arrival, even though she's technically the first shinki to roll off the production line. Since Hilde is the original-run Arnval, she's gotten a bit disoriented due to how fast the world has changed while she's been stored away for all these years. She's relearning all the culture around her and, with the help of Helen, re-integrating with society. And because she's a first-gen shinki, she's hard-pressed to keep pace with the newer generation of shinkis and that might give her a bit of an inferiority complex.

...Huh, I think the girls could use more love from this owner. :/
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Honestly, I have so many Shinkis I dont think I could describe them individually in detail. In general, I dont think I'd ever have to clean the apartment again. Probably spend a lot of time breaking up fights, though.