Need help for a certain issue.

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

berzerker2k5
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 10
MMS owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Benio, Pomock

Need help for a certain issue.

Post by berzerker2k5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:34 pm

I just got Zilvern from Amiami and I noticed that she had this problem:

There are 'crater-like' damages on her hair and are rather unpleasant to look at.

What can I do to get rid of the craters?

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: Need help for a certain issue.

Post by Xehn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:51 pm

You grabbed that preowned one, then?

The only solution I can think of would be filling the holes and repainting her hair completely. There are various kinds of modelling putties that would help.

berzerker2k5
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 10
MMS owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Benio, Pomock

Post by berzerker2k5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Xehn wrote:You grabbed that preowned one, then?

The only solution I can think of would be filling the holes and repainting her hair completely. There are various kinds of modelling putties that would help.
It's brand new. I believe that the problem's roots came from the manufacturing place, possibly in a box full of hair/bangs and caused by collisions, etc.

Concerning the modelling putty, that would be not much of a problem, but getting the right kind of paint(s) is. I wouldn't want to totally recolor her hair, I just need to get the exact color.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:02 pm

berzerker2k5 wrote:It's brand new. I believe that the problem's roots came from the manufacturing place, possibly in a box full of hair/bangs and caused by collisions, etc.

Concerning the modelling putty, that would be not much of a problem, but getting the right kind of paint(s) is. I wouldn't want to totally recolor her hair, I just need to get the exact color.
I suggest mixing colors to get the color right, and not using any paint with a shine of gloss since her hair is not shiny, probably a purple paint and some white should make the color pretty close, but test it before you use it on her hair, the best is to make the paint and then test it on a paper towel and let that dry, then compair and proceed if you are satisfied with the color

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:18 pm

My first thought is to use green stuff to fill in the gaps, then paint it over. I'd say that even if you don't want to recolor the hair, you should still paint the entire piece. If you match the color well, it'll still be the same color, but it'll be of uniform texture and gloss that way.