Shinki Accessories?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

GrannyNanny
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Shinki Accessories?

Post by GrannyNanny » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 pm

What accessories do you use with your shinkis? I typically use Re-Ment stuff or things I've made out of clay.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Re: Shinki Accessories?

Post by rubixbox » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:11 pm

GrannyNanny wrote:What accessories do you use with your shinkis? I typically use Re-Ment stuff or things I've made out of clay.
I generally use accessories from other figures.

bang04
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by bang04 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:39 pm

I got many accessories from 2nd hand market, some from Gashapon, some from miniature. I always go 2nd hand market because I can find many accessories with very low price (1-2$ each), but some of them need a little modify.

May be I will show them in my collections

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Gundam stuff. The 1/144 weapons seem about the right size for shinkis (and figmas, usually), though you should check their scale individually for compatibility. Sometimes, the grip is either too long or too thick and you'll probably need to recast them in resin if you have the funds and skills.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Post by Mobius » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:58 am

Adventwings wrote:Gundam stuff. The 1/144 weapons seem about the right size for shinkis (and figmas, usually), though you should check their scale individually for compatibility. Sometimes, the grip is either too long or too thick and you'll probably need to recast them in resin if you have the funds and skills.
I've also found some of the Master Grade body parts like MG Exia's legs go very well with Shinki - mainly just a matter of finding what works.

Raffi von Lederhosen
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 2

Post by Raffi von Lederhosen » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:03 pm

For what it's worth, the lightsabers that come with the Kotobukiya RAcaseal Elenor fit perfectly into Shinki hands.

I don't have much stuff at the moment, but I'm planning to buy them some 1/12 scale dollhouse accessories for Christmas. A bed, a kitchen, some food, perhaps even a tiny computer. I'm gonna see what I can find. :P

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Kotobukiya's MSG line of weapons can work well with Shinkis. The peg size they use is slightly smaller than Shinki pegs, but any of their guns with handles can be held by Shinkis, and the pegs can be replaced with Shinki sprue sections. I've seen plenty of them in pictures around the forums (the gatling gun and impact knuckle/edge seem to be the most popular).