[advice needed]

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

p0etiq
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima

[advice needed]

Post by p0etiq » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 am

So Tekken is my all time favorite fighting game, and Lili happens to be my favorite character. That being said, I would LOVE to be able to make a custom Shinki (or other figure) of her for my collection. My attempts for an Oorbellen have been rought, so I am looking for ideas using others Shinkis or figures.

Does anyone have any ideas they could toss my way?
"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes"

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: [advice needed]

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:28 am

Are there any cheap figures of Lili you can cannibalize a head for? If the fig's in roughly the same scale you can rig that to attach to a blank body.

p0etiq
Class B Shinki

Post by p0etiq » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:38 am

Caterwaul wrote:Are there any cheap figures of Lili you can cannibalize a head for? If the fig's in roughly the same scale you can rig that to attach to a blank body.
That's the thing... most (I tried looking) of what I've seen for Lili comes in statue form -_-

Oh well. Thanks for the advice though ^ ^

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:35 am

The statues and gashapons are too far off from 1/12. You'd better of kitbashing similar looking head parts and painting or building from almost scratch.

p0etiq
Class B Shinki

Post by p0etiq » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Shiaoran wrote:The statues and gashapons are too far off from 1/12. You'd better of kitbashing similar looking head parts and painting or building from almost scratch.
That's why I've been trying to get a hold of Oorbellen for her head and body shape... it's sooo close =(

Oh well, lol, the search is on!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:03 am

*googles to see what Lili even looks like, Tekken isnt his main game*
Hmm. IF you liked Oorbellen for her head shape, an Arnval (Not the Mk2) might work. She's got a long hair option that's similar to Orbellens and the same general face shape. You'd probably want to paint the eyes to narrow them and would need to modify the hair a bit.

Zyrdarya might work too. Her bangs match pretty well, but you'd want to lengthen her hair in the rear.
http://shinkikakkokari.web.fc2.com/omo/ ... o/face.jpg

I have no idea how hard she'd be to get, but you might want to consider one of the Beatmania girls, too. http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/70254 Her head and outfit looks pretty close, but would need some modification.

p0etiq
Class B Shinki

Post by p0etiq » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:34 am

Caterwaul wrote:*googles to see what Lili even looks like, Tekken isnt his main game*
Hmm. IF you liked Oorbellen for her head shape, an Arnval (Not the Mk2) might work. She's got a long hair option that's similar to Orbellens and the same general face shape. You'd probably want to paint the eyes to narrow them and would need to modify the hair a bit.

Zyrdarya might work too. Her bangs match pretty well, but you'd want to lengthen her hair in the rear.
http://shinkikakkokari.web.fc2.com/omo/ ... o/face.jpg

I have no idea how hard she'd be to get, but you might want to consider one of the Beatmania girls, too. http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/70254 Her head and outfit looks pretty close, but would need some modification.
Splendid! I'll look into this ^_^

Thanks again Caterwaul!

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:02 am

The Beatmania and Quiz Magical Academy MMSs are always avaliable at Konamistyle, just ask a proxy to get it for you.

I'd go with Zyrdaria for the face and bangs and Iroha for the body and back hair (which would need modification).