How did you get started?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Wiley_Seely
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

Re: How did you get started?

Post by Wiley_Seely » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:01 pm

I remember my first shinki It was Maochao and i got her from amazon i just began collecting and just had Vash ,Wolfwood , Date and Yukimura. As soon as i saw her i knew that i was gona get her an green hair catgirl with little kittens fighters she has it all lol I think it was at the end of 2011 from there it just grew.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:51 pm

my first was Ianeira, now I own 3 of her(all different colors) but my first is still the original color, I stumbled onto her while searching for art inspiration on google images, I had searched anime mermaids since I was just getting into anime and had always loved mermaids, I think the picture took me to angolz when I clicked on it, it was a picture of her outer box cover so I thought she was from an anime like gundam or something, what really intriged me was the fact that her tail was mechanical and she reminded me a bit of a zoid I owned which was made for underwater warfare, I thought she was a real girl and I wondered if her legs had been amputated because the tail had such low knees and her crotch was uncovered which I assumed was so she could still pee and such even though she had moved onto deep sea life, I think it was close to the end of the summer of 2008, I just remember being extremely interested in her backstory after that so I continued to search "Busou Shinki" on google until I was linked with this site, then I proceeded to plague the cbox with questions until I understould everything about it, then I shortly after ordered my first Ianeia from angolz and then my original Arnval about a month later, I was very interested in the fact that she was a figure with such detailed atriculation since my only other figures were statues and one fraulin revolution Rei Ayanomi which has rather stiff articulation in my oppinion, after my first Ianeira, it wasn't long before she had many frineds LOL

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:36 am

Hmmm...compared to you guys, I pretty much still rookie in Shinkis...though I won't lose in the amount of passion for shinkis...especially Altlene xp.

First time I know about shinkis is December last year 2011. I got the first Battle Masters game, and I'm completely hooked, to Altlene to be precise.

So after a while looking, browsing, and joining this site, trying to find, finally last August I dare myself to get a shinki. Too bad the delivery went awry, and until now I don't know if it will reach or not.
However maybe because of it, I finally nuke myself getting a brand new (and very expensive) Altlene including several that will come. It pretty much a downhill for a while, but what can I say. I'm hooked by the clumsy desu spamming valkyrie :D .
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Post by Mobius » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 pm

I got started thanks to the animated features. I saw Busou Shinki (TV) being advertised for the fall, and I decided to give it a chance, though it wasn't the show I wasn't looking forward to most. So, to get myself caught up to speed, I started researching it...

and found Moon Angel. Someone had it where I could watch the whole thing and understand it, and I was floored. It wasn't the deepest story, there were a few problems writing wise (or with the script), but... the presentation, the mood it gave just grabbed me and never let go. Enough so that I made a character from said verse for an RP, but that's a whole other story I won't go into.

Around a week later I was looking on Amazon, and decided to look for some Shinki. Although most of them were grossly overpriced, there was a couple original Arnvals for sixty bucks or so - not a bad deal. I thought to myself that I'll get it when I have enough and there's nothing else I wanted.

I started watching the TV anime as well, and got pulled even further into the grips of the franchise, and I started to REALLY want a Shinki for my own. I even found this place, but since I didn't have a Shinki, I felt like I wasn't ready to be in the club.

And then on one fateful day while shopping for Christmas presents on Amazon, I saw the Arnvals go from three to two, to one remaining and my eyes widened. If I didn't get her now, I wouldn't get her at all, I thought. I couldn't just spend the money I was using for presents either. So I asked around, and amassed enough funds for me to just scrape by and nab my Arnval, my Charlotte before anyone else did.

And thus I now am a Shinki Addict, I am responsible for the original Arnvals having the higher prices in general, and my addiction will only get worse from here. And I'll love every moment. :P

:oneofus:

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:51 am

I actually got introduced to the Busou Shinki stuff when I bought the Otomedius Excellent video game. It has a version of Arnval and Strarf (Strarf is an add-on) and that's the first I had ever seen them. I had always loved Mecha-Musume, but never delved into much past a few episodes of Strike Witches.. Anyhow, I started working on a new fiction piece that had a mecha musume influence, and I was interested in finding figures to modify and have character reference models.. Then I found Juvicy, and the rest is history..
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

SoniaStrumm
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by SoniaStrumm » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Well, it all started one day while I was looking around online for Angelic Layer merchandise. One link I saw, I'm pretty sure it was titled "Busou Shinki an online Angelic Layer?", caught my attention and I decided to take a look. Then I saw her. A picture of Arnval in her box. The article talked a bit about the figures and the MMS. Looking at the pictures of Arnval, I decided that I wanted a Shinki of my own. So I browsed around online and found some sites that were selling them. So I ordered 3: Arnval first, Ianeira second, and Vitulus third. Ianeira was the first to arrive in the mail, however Arnval arrived in the mail later that same day:). As for Vitulus? I accidentally picked the wrong shipping method, ground I believe, so it took 3 months before she arrived in the mail XD. That's how I got started:).
Now what is it about Shinkis that really draws me in? Well, as cool as their different types of weapons and armor are, what really draws me to them are the Shinkis themselves. It's kind of hard to explain, but they have a very light and calming air to them, and it's hard for me not smile when I see them. There's something else, but I actually don't know what it is. Something's there, I'm just not sure what else it is about them that I like so much. I just know that there is another reason. And I'm being open here, so please don't tease me about anything I just said, okay everyone?

Tsumanne
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Post by Tsumanne » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:20 am

As per usual, I'm late in the game lol. I can credit pixiv artist いくや@潜伏中 with introducing me to Busou Shinki. It was this picture in particular that caught my eye http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=32694844.

I then looked into things and saw a new TV anime had just come out for it and I fell in love from there. Such a bummer Battle Rhondo isn't around anymore. I'd have been a dream come true.

Anyway, broke down the other month and went Shinki shopping. Was on the prowl in Akihabara for Zelnogrard when I found a nice Busou Shinki display at a store, but all were sold out but one, Lirbiete. I had seen shinki at other stores, but the way other shinki shoppers were blowing off poor Lirbiete struck the sympathy button so I postponed my Zelnogrard search and picked up my little Lirubi. Love her.

Of note: Shinki have caused me to revisit a show I had previously blown off; Angelic Layer. Gott im Himmel, what was I thinking! It's shinki Beta 1.0! As I said before, always late in the game :arnval:
Eagles soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet engine.

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by GundamShinki » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:04 am

Tsumanne wrote:As per usual, I'm late in the game lol. I can credit pixiv artist いくや@潜伏中 with introducing me to Busou Shinki. It was this picture in particular that caught my eye http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=32694844.

I then looked into things and saw a new TV anime had just come out for it and I fell in love from there. Such a bummer Battle Rhondo isn't around anymore. I'd have been a dream come true.

Anyway, broke down the other month and went Shinki shopping. Was on the prowl in Akihabara for Zelnogrard when I found a nice Busou Shinki display at a store, but all were sold out but one, Lirbiete. I had seen shinki at other stores, but the way other shinki shoppers were blowing off poor Lirbiete struck the sympathy button so I postponed my Zelnogrard search and picked up my little Lirubi. Love her.

Of note: Shinki have caused me to revisit a show I had previously blown off; Angelic Layer. Gott im Himmel, what was I thinking! It's shinki Beta 1.0! As I said before, always late in the game :arnval:
I remember watching Angelic Layer back around 2002 /2003 here in the states and loved how different that series was compared to other anime.

As for my start have been collecting Transformers, superhero and mech stuff since the 80's. My uncle was big into diecast robots and model kits from overseas. Sometimes I would get lucky with odd end diecast robots or even a takara release transformer for christmas or a birthday.
Naturally my hobby grew as I grew up and started making money and came across a hobby store selling Arnval wave 1 figure this was around early 2007 <Don't remember if it was or local Hobbytown or Hobby Haven>. I was originally there for a steering component for my Thundershot AWD RC car that my dad had won from a Snap On Tool drawing and noticed Arnval on a shelf by the models. At first I was like I don't know the joints aren't hidden at all and the figure looked flimsy and sadly reminded me of the cheap go-bots of the 80's. Needless to say I left the store with no steering piece for my car since it was a special order item and left with no Arnval. When I got home I went online and was looking around to see what the big deal was about these figures, which at the time for the U.S. there wasn't a whole lot of interest or info. I went back a few days later and she was still there so I took her home. She grew on me even though we went our seperate ways when times got a little tough and had to sell a few things to pay bills. Tenshi <Arnval's name> was the reason I started picking up a few models when they would come out for releases years later and still the reason I collect today. I have delved down the path of Strarf and Fubuki thanks to Battle Rondo and my ever growing love for Fubuki being my first online shinki :fubuki:
It's all downhill after you get and love your first shinki! Especially your wallet :strarf:

Ryanus Prime
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1

Post by Ryanus Prime » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:34 pm

my uncle got a juvisy for drawing refrence and i started to play whith i while he playe video games or drew i liked how the armor had limitless combinations once i saw how expensive they were i gave up but then my uncle got a strarf that i liked alot more i saved up for 2 years and finaly got a strarf bis

Ryanus Prime
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1

Post by Ryanus Prime » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:34 pm

i am now lokking for a atlene
Last edited by Ryanus Prime on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.