How did you get started?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Ryanus Prime
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: How did you get started?

Post by Ryanus Prime » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:34 pm

my uncle got a juvisy for drawing refrence and i started to play whith i while he playe video games or drew i liked how the armor had limitless combinations once i saw how expensive they were i gave up but then my uncle got a strarf that i liked alot more i saved up for 2 years and finaly got a strarf bis

kraken973
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Oorbellen Lunaria

Post by kraken973 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:22 pm

I have seen Busou Shinki long ago, but never buy a MMS because i don't know the serie.

I seen the TV serie, but when i want bought they, they become expensive :eek:

Now, i have four MMS, Ach, Yda, Artille and Proxima the centauress :cheesygrin:

quotemarks
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Post by quotemarks » Sat May 23, 2015 2:41 am

I discovered Busou Shinki either on /a/ or on Danbooru back in 2006-2008. It ended up being quite a few more years before I finally had the chance to adopt some Shinki from TOG, which just took over a number of Comics Connection outlets locally.
GNU Terry Pratchett

ToyRobot
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 3

Post by ToyRobot » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:29 am

Loooong time ago on/toy/ I always watched the threads here and there, though my budget was extremely low so I was very unfortunate to only receive them when the line was cancelled. Ironically, I can afford it all now, but I would have given everything to get one then for that dirt cheap prize.
My old tumblr url is back
http://toyrobot.tumblr.com

Heckfire
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 24
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Do I HAVE to choose?

Post by Heckfire » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:59 am

I'd seen them a couple of times during my eBay prowling for Transformers, but never really thought much at the time. My buddy Roequ had been collecting them for a few years, though, and showed me a rare Mizuki Type 2 on eBay just after I'd gotten my tax refund...so I impulsively clicked the "Buy It Now" button (without realizing that Ro showed me because HE was planning on buying her...he forgave me quickly enough, though) and Karasu arrived a week later.

By that point, however, my monomania had kicked in big time and, when my mind cleared, I had a dozen in my possession (and could no longer afford my computer upgrades).
"Grab a shovel-I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." -Bender
"I'm a triceratops balancing on a daisy with spinning wheels, baby!" -Dexter

=^.^= ~~>

GhostlyMuse
MMS Naked
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Raptias

Post by GhostlyMuse » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:50 pm

It was actually ShadowDragon who got me into collecting them, while I was reading photocomics back on the TFW2005 boards, assuming that this is the same ShadowDragon who's adminning here. Back then though, I used to be known as AutobotGirl. Hey dude!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:59 am

Yup, same ShadowDragon. This place actually got its start from the TFW2005 boards.

GhostlyMuse
MMS Naked
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Raptias

Post by GhostlyMuse » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:44 pm

Oh, cool! I came across this place looking to get back into collecting. I have a pretty small collection of Shinkis and after coming back from college with a bit of income, decided that I'd get back into looking for them again only to find that the line was discontinued! Pretty disappointing but at least they're still somewhat affordable. I'm looking for some toylines that are similar in range of articulation and accessories too.

Heckfire
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 24
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Do I HAVE to choose?

Post by Heckfire » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:46 am

Range of articulation is easy, most Figmas, S.H. Figurarts, and Revoltechs are comparable. The accessory count, however...that's the sticking point. So far, the closest I've seen to the Shinkis in terms of that, aside from a small handful of examples from the lines previously mentioned, is most likely going to be Frame Arms Girls, which goes along with the Frame Arms line they're connected to. Unfortunately, there's only one out currently (with the next on preorder for later this year), AND it's a model kit that you have to build, but it looks promising, if Adventwings shots over on his "Show & Tell" thread are any indicator. I think there's a thread around here talking more n-depth on the subject, though...oh, and welcome to the boards!
"Grab a shovel-I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." -Bender
"I'm a triceratops balancing on a daisy with spinning wheels, baby!" -Dexter

=^.^= ~~>

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:42 pm

OMG, Autobot-Girl lives (and under a new username)! Welcome to BSW! You might remember me over on TFW2005 as TRANS+CRAZY (I have changed my username to Lock Cade on there).

I echo Heckfire's comment about what other figures that are similar in range with Shinki as far as articulation goes. I don't have Figma, but I recently started collecting the S.H. Figuarts Sailor Moon figures (I currently have three and my fourth one is being shipped in the mail), and in a way they have the same setup as Shinki -- removable faces and hands, albeit the heads don't pop off when you go to change out the faces and the hands are pegged into place (and they can fall off the peg if they're not pegged on all the way as I've learned the hard way). The Figuarts figures don't have that many accessories (think of them as like the Light Armor Shinki like Partio and Pomock), but I do recommend them if you're looking into having other figures to complement your Shinki.