Shinki head on amdriver bodies?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

DasaMan
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima

Shinki head on amdriver bodies?

Post by DasaMan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:44 am

Hi, so I've basically maxed out on Proxima's configuration, and left with spare heads. Since I can get amdriver stuff at reasonable prices locally, I plan to take an amdriver body (probably ragna), put Proxima's spare head on it, and slap on an orthrus bisar for Poseidon mode.

So the question: is it possible to put proxi's head on ragna? Has anyone tried?

MaidenLili
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Graffias

Re: Shinki head on amdriver bodies?

Post by MaidenLili » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am

Hmm... I also collect Amdriver, for use as shinki equipment. The poor Amdriver guys themselves must be disappointed, I suppose.

That aside, mounting a shinki head to an Amdriver body would require some modification - Shinki heads have sockets into which a ball with a peg is set, while amdriver heads have the ball attached at the neck. At the very least you'd have to get the ball out of the shinki head, which might be difficult without damaging the head itself. After that, I don't think the ball on the Amdriver body is quite the same side (probably smaller), so you'd need to adjust the size on one piece or the other.

Er, incidentally... shinki heads are rather large for Amdriver bodies, aren't they? The girls stand nearly a full head above the Amdriver pilots, if I'm not mistaken. I had hoped to use the included figures as a 'pit crew' for my shinkis, but they are in a slightly smaller scale that makes them look more like little helper robots than male colleagues.

DasaMan
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima

Re: Shinki head on amdriver bodies?

Post by DasaMan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:32 am

getting the ball joint out won't be a problem, the ball joint on my spare head fall out easily. Heh.

So now I have to check just how big her head would be on an amdriver body. Since you already have shinkis and amdrivers, would you posting a comparison pic between mms 3rd tall and amdriver? Would be much appreciated :D