What are these parts for?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

What are these parts for?

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Just got my first Shinki today (after 5 years of oogling them), Sharatang.
Though there are some parts that aren't even covered in the manual. Maybe they're mentioned, but I can't read japanese.
So, what are all those flesh colored parts for? Some look like adapters for armor parts, and I think those would look better in the armor's color :/
And then the flesh rings. Maybe to extend limbs? :P
There are also some dark blue parts, one being that very useful backplate. But there's no official build using it in the manual.
Not to mention the runner of flesh colored parts :maochao:

I've heard of adapters to use MMS1 parts with MMS3 bodies... Maybe some of these are that.
I also suspect that since Sharatang and Baby Razz are a duo, some of these are used to combine their armors, like other duos', though I couldn't find a single pic or mention of such possibility.
I've also read about features present in the Shinkis because they're also in the games, but the manual fails to mention that (or people fail to notice the manual mentioning it or it's only written and it went unread).

Is it common for Shinkis to come with extra parts to encourage custom kitbashing? Or do all of these actually have a purpose in an official build?

You can see my Busou Shinki wishlist in here. If you know where to get any (with wishability 5 or 4 for now) at decent prices, please do tell, as I've yet to find a surefire place to purchase BS.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: What are these parts for?

Post by Xehn » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Let's see... The runner of fleshtone parts are something all shinki come with, usually molded in the same color as part of their body. They're not for any one purpose, rather, whatever you can come up with. Ditto the standard back part that all shinki come with.

The rings are a standby from MMS1st bodies; those rings used to be required if you didn't have any armor attachment parts on the body, or else there'd be mm-thick gaps in the arms and legs. However, on MMS3rds, they're not required, so it's up to your personal preference.

As far as dark blue parts, without pictures I couldn't explain what they're for, as I don't know which you mean.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanks.
The dark blue parts I mentioned are actually used in the second form, which I hadn't built at the time I posted. I thought Sharatang just sat on the big device, not that she actually connected to it.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Shiaoran wrote:I also suspect that since Sharatang and Baby Razz are a duo, some of these are used to combine their armors, like other duos', though I couldn't find a single pic or mention of such possibility.

Is it common for Shinkis to come with extra parts to encourage custom kitbashing? Or do all of these actually have a purpose in an official build?

You can see my Busou Shinki wishlist in here. If you know where to get any (with wishability 5 or 4 for now) at decent prices, please do tell, as I've yet to find a surefire place to purchase BS.
Indeed, Sharatang and Baby Razz are from the same Wave, however, not all shinkis from the same wave combine to form something specific, like the Beetle Girls' Heracles robot. Instead, it is up to the user to customize and/or mod the shinki depending on his preferences, especially since in the games Battle Rondo (online) and Battle Masters (PSP), it is all about customization.

Where are you at? I would recommend greattoysonline (a local hobby store chain if you're in the Philippines), and you can also try online stores like Amiami, Hobby Link Japan and Mandrake.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:56 pm

I thought all duos these days had a combination.

I'm in Brazil.

I had lots of Shinkis bookmarked at HLJ, but theyseem to have stopped carrying them. Also AmiAmi has only a few. And I've seen greattoysonline on ebay before, but never dealt with them. But they seem ok.
I always forget about Mandarake... Though I've just placed myvery first order with them a couple of days ago. I'm never sure of what their "opened" means... People say it's not used items unless it says used, but why the heck would they open the stuff? Anyway, I got a limited and rare Duel Maid for 1000 Yen just because it's opened XD

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:55 pm

I think HLJ still carries Shinkis, but each wave seems to get discontinued relatively quickly. Also, it's always worth at least taking a look on Ebay. Also, sometimes people open it, see the parts and then decide they don't like it, thus selling it. I think. It's often done for a photo to show that everything is there as well. This is especially true with things such as model kits.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:04 pm

I dunno, I used to see older stuff on HLJ, but now they only have a couple.
That reason to open the boxes seem somewhat reasonable.