Quality of Busou Shinki

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Quality of Busou Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:00 am

I just ordered a few that should be here in a few weeks to a little over a month (backorder ftl) and wanted to know a bit more about the quality of them so I don't feel sad in case they aren't as great as I may have hoped. Better to know beforehand and accept it rather than getting it and feeling pissed. Also I've read Benio's stickied thread already.

Mainly asking for comparisons to figmas and Revoltechs. If there are any notable things people seemed to notice (read around the threads and heard about some easily breakable parts or thin paint jobs) that may help in better understand them, that'd be nice too.

And if there's a website or a thread I missed that talks about all this stuff. that'd be great information. =P

Sorry if it's been asked before or if it's some trouble to answer. I know some people who wouldn't like to compare something they like to others, but like I said, it'll get me more in-tune with the quality. I can't explain how much of a regret I felt after buying the Nanoha figma over an Alleyne still figure from Griffon. T_T Thanks in advance.

Fury
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 10
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach

Re: Quality of Busou Shinki

Post by Fury » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:44 am

For the 3 is my observation:
Figma-
Good Plastic (body) but very fragile joints, especially shoulders. To avoid excessive handling.

-Revoltech
The joints are quickly "loose" or fall apart / separated. The plastic breaks easily into small parts. Basically the opposite of Figma.
To handle longer.

-Busou
Nothing to say it's solid. Becomes "loose" quickly.

-For Griffin, I do not.

Of the 3 I prefer to handle my Busou.

Sorry for my English, I go through a translator.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:51 am

Thanks for the input.

As for the Griffon thing, it's not a posable figure. I was just complaining about something. Don't mind it. XD

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 am

The biggest issue with Shinkis that I've experienced.

*The plastic for the hands is very rubbery and can get bent out of shape to the point they can no longer hold their gear. Especially true with some of the BFG's they can carry.

*One of the hands in particular (the one with a poseably hinge joint) is very delicate, and it if pops out, the chances of it ever working properly again are slim.

*Shinkis are designed to be taken apart. Those particular 'joints' rely purely on friction to keep together, so they can and will eventually loosen to the point it's hard to keep them in a particular pose for a long time.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:47 pm

So these things aren't very easy to play around with, and are very delicate I'm assuming? Something you wouldn't normally pose a lot with.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:32 pm

The newer shinkis seem to be a bit better for holding together compared to the older shinkis. I haven't had the problem of a leg just popping off randomly (Figma Aegis) and they're much more poseable than the Revoltechs I have (Bunny Haruhi, Rei v1 and Yoko).

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Shinkis aren't really delicate, compared to other action figures, in my honest opinion. I pose mine regularly, in fact they're just so poseable that I can't keep my hands off of them if they're nearby me. Figma's on the other hand are quite a bit more delicate so they usually just get stuck in one pose for quite a while unless I get them down and do a photo shoot for a review or something.

Machinegeist
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 51
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Machinegeist » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 pm

I handle and pose mine often and really have no problems with them, and I have a whole bunch of them. Very durable for being an imported toy.

pyroko
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by pyroko » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Fury wrote:-Revoltech
The joints are quickly "loose" or fall apart / separated. The plastic breaks easily into small parts.
i actually have the exact opposite experience. none of my revoltechs have ever gotten loose joints (with the exception of a non revo joint on my eva unit 02 movie version).

shinkis are about as durable figmas. grant it, i pose my figmas a ton and have never had anything break, i have purchased two figmas from other people that needed a little repairing. just don't ham-hand your way around the joints and everything will be fine.
seconding the complaint about the rubbery hands though, it can take a bit of work to get them to hold things the way you want them to.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Why are they rubber in the first place? Seems pretty inconvenient.