My Altlene figure : (

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Re: My Altlene figure : (

Post by Chalkred » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Tobias wrote:Yea, have seen all those problems mentioned above. Still, those blue bits do allow some mixing and matching with her cousin's parts. I was fiddling with both shinki's armour parts, and this is what I've got. For those who can't see her legs, here's a close up. Sorry, I'm using my N95 for quick shots, so its very low quality.

Pffff i WISH i could get her. but i cant. ILL NEVER GET altines I need to eat.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Altines is crazy pricy compared to Altlene now. On YAJ she goes for around from 10k to 18k yen last time I checked.

KawaiiLotus982
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 19
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Mizuki

Post by KawaiiLotus982 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 pm

If you're not very satisfied with altrene, would you possibly sell her?

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:55 am

KawaiiLotus982 wrote:If you're not very satisfied with altrene, would you possibly sell her?
..not right now, am not interested in getting rid of her for the time being. Altough i may consider it in future trades- right now im workin on getting me an old Murmeltier (first one that got my attention in this full mess and couldnt get a hold of)
maybe im getting too picky-bit worried the old shinny-ness of older model's skin may disappoint.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:56 am

KawaiiLotus982 wrote:If you're not very satisfied with altrene, would you possibly sell her?
BUT ill trade her RIGHT NOW for Mizuki!!! XD ; )

KawaiiLotus982
Class B Shinki

Post by KawaiiLotus982 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Chalkred wrote:
..not right now, am not interested in getting rid of her for the time being. Altough i may consider it in future trades- right now im workin on getting me an old Murmeltier (first one that got my attention in this full mess and couldnt get a hold of)
maybe im getting too picky-bit worried the old shinny-ness of older model's skin may disappoint.
I don't have a Murmeltier, but I do have a Strarf Bis, Howling, Regular Strarf, Proto Pomock and Waffebunny, That I could possibly trade. If you do decide to trade her.

KawaiiLotus982
Class B Shinki

Post by KawaiiLotus982 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Chalkred wrote:
BUT ill trade her RIGHT NOW for Mizuki!!! XD ; )
Hahaha, no sorry :) I do have one, but she's not for trade or sale. Plus, I need to fix her. Cause, all of her screws are rusted and I need to find new ones (which is going to be a royal pain in the butt).

dir0001
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by dir0001 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:56 am

I would never abandon her....

Drango
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Drango » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Chalkred wrote:But mine has a real mid joint flaw. in fact all of her, i got too loose and wobbly.

ideas on how to fix? : /
Maybe?
I don't know if you've received an answer about this, but there is a fix for her mid-joint being loose, as the same happened to my Howling.

First, you'll need to take her apart... as in take out the screws from her body (if only one of the two ball joints is loose, you only need to unscrew that part) open her up, careful not to loose those screws, and make sure you know how to put her back together again. Then you just need something to make the joint tighter again... superglue works well! Take the ball out of the socket, put a drop or two of superglue or varnish in either side of the socket and wait for it to dry before putting the ball joint back in. Once dry, re-assemble and make sure to tighten the screws as much as you can (whilst avoiding damaging the heads) and voila! The joint should be tight again! If you've done it too tight, just wiggle it around till it loosens up a little again... But if you put it together while the glue is still wet... well... pretty sure you can figure out what the risk in that is...

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Drango wrote:
Chalkred wrote:But mine has a real mid joint flaw. in fact all of her, i got too loose and wobbly.

ideas on how to fix? : /
Maybe?
I don't know if you've received an answer about this, but there is a fix for her mid-joint being loose, as the same happened to my Howling.

First, you'll need to take her apart... as in take out the screws from her body (if only one of the two ball joints is loose, you only need to unscrew that part) open her up, careful not to loose those screws, and make sure you know how to put her back together again. Then you just need something to make the joint tighter again... superglue works well! Take the ball out of the socket, put a drop or two of superglue or varnish in either side of the socket and wait for it to dry before putting the ball joint back in. Once dry, re-assemble and make sure to tighten the screws as much as you can (whilst avoiding damaging the heads) and voila! The joint should be tight again! If you've done it too tight, just wiggle it around till it loosens up a little again... But if you put it together while the glue is still wet... well... pretty sure you can figure out what the risk in that is...

Much obliged! : )
am a bit hesitant on opening it up however- not knowing if im selling even. i def dont like the character as much as i do the visual-
suppose if im ever getting rid of these it'll be the first to go, but i really dont want to screw up with it.

...there again i just might, its that bad. so thank you so much for the tip! : )