My Altlene figure : (

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

My Altlene figure : (

Post by Chalkred » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:46 pm

..was a bit of disappointment.
Never did i get such a bad time experience in setting it up- the "manual" being this time of little help.
it is frail and will fall off/dismantle itself with extremely light handling.

I own straf bis, arnval tranche2, valona and werkstra- and am aware they all pertain to the same designer- was i just used to how solid and practical they were?
Also first contact with this so spoken new body sample- true. I must mention how stiff and painful the hair changing is, not to mention her long hair design flaw (tight head movement) and maybe my luck to have her chest joint woobbly loose- or how the blue bits fall off with a blow.

Looks good? Quite!I can see where my money went there.
wonder if no one else felt this way with their purchase?-
Maybe then id rather save up for MK2 instead XD *SHRUGS*

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: My Altlene figure : (

Post by Polenicus » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Chalkred wrote:..was a bit of disappointment.
Never did i get such a bad time experience in setting it up- the "manual" being this time of little help.
it is frail and will fall off/dismantle itself with extremely light handling.

I own straf bis, arnval tranche2, valona and werkstra- and am aware they all pertain to the same designer- was i just used to how solid and practical they were?
Also first contact with this so spoken new body sample- true. I must mention how stiff and painful the hair changing is, not to mention her long hair design flaw (tight head movement) and maybe my luck to have her chest joint woobbly loose- or how the blue bits fall off with a blow.

Looks good? Quite!I can see where my money went there.
wonder if no one else felt this way with their purchase?-
Maybe then id rather save up for MK2 instead XD *SHRUGS*
Shinkis tend to be a mixed bag when it comes to fiddle factor. Usually, the more elaborate and involved the armor, the higher the fiddle factor.

Most people love Altrene because of the sculpt and design, but the issue with the little blue things has been noted, as well as the hair.

however, those of us who have many, many Shinikis have become somewhat inoculated to fiddlyness and issues where aesthetics stomp all over poseability and practicality, because it crops up in other figures. Ach and Espaedia's boots have inspired people to break physics to get them to stand unassisted (Particularly bad for Ach, since she's supposed to be a more ground-type Shinki, so should have GOOD feet) or MaoChao and Howling's rather strange armored arms (Which have no earthly reason why they couldn't have a functioning elbow joint)

Altrene SHOULD have had alternate hair. Even just the near-useless ball joint that Arnval's long hair has would be better than the poseability-destroying mass she has now.And there's no reason for the clear blue pieces to be removable. It's a personal preference thing if the flaws of a figure outweigh their positives.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Polenicus wrote:.... It's a personal preference thing if the flaws of a figure outweigh their positives.
i agree to all it was said. (indeed makes us wonder who's idea it was to insist in those particular details and how familiar she/he was with the effective factor in solid design)
In the end, YES. personal preferences do. however, i was not aware of these flaws since ive only read good of the Altlene module in early reviews. or could not detect negative points in the poorly trnslated japanese texts. even here i cannot recall one saying ill of it? despite it- i DID decide to buy it after the info i did attain back then.

Its still a nice purchase. Shes a (frail, loose jointed) beauty! : D But i do wonder if i would still have bought it knowing these issues before hand.
well. maybe i need to spend more time with it : |

Vishvarupa
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Vishvarupa » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Altrene looks impressive, but I have yet to find any way other than the standard in which to pose her with full armor without things knocking into each other and falling out.

Altrene, it seems, represents a disturbing trend towards Shinkis that are more just pretty statues than proper toys. Compare her to Lancamento and Espadia, and you'll see that despite her THOUSANDS OF PARTS, she's not half the toy they are.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:16 pm

I think the thousands who've bought multiples of her just to play around with the legion of parts would tend to disagree that she's less of a toy than others. She's probably even more so, according to them...

My only real disappointment with her is the lack of a shorter hairpiece, or a ponytailed one. Beyond that, I actually can't think of any real negatives.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Xehn wrote:I think the thousands who've bought multiples of her just to play around with the legion of parts would tend to disagree that she's less of a toy than others. She's probably even more so, according to them...

My only real disappointment with her is the lack of a shorter hairpiece, or a ponytailed one. Beyond that, I actually can't think of any real negatives.
Or even an articulated one. Even a little articulation in the hair would make it much easier to pose her when fully armored.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Yeah, some sort of joint in there would have been acceptable, too...

pyroko
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by pyroko » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:06 am

Vishvarupa wrote:Compare her to Lancamento and Espadia, and you'll see that despite her THOUSANDS OF PARTS, she's not half the toy they are.
going to have to agree with this to an extent. even with all of the custom armor configs i have already seen, i have yet to see one that can pull off more than one or two dynamic poses well.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:45 pm

But mine has a real mid joint flaw. in fact all of her, i got too loose and wobbly.

ideas on how to fix? : /
Maybe?

Tobias
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 17
MMS owned: 16
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Tobias » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:50 am

Yea, have seen all those problems mentioned above. Still, those blue bits do allow some mixing and matching with her cousin's parts. I was fiddling with both shinki's armour parts, and this is what I've got. For those who can't see her legs, here's a close up. Sorry, I'm using my N95 for quick shots, so its very low quality.