Shinki Clothing

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Shinki Clothing

Post by OHWceta » Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am

Does anyone know if there are any dolls of good size for Busou Shinki figures to steal clothing from? Most importantly shoes.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: Shinki Clothing

Post by Xehn » Mon May 17, 2010 4:38 pm

I've encountered a Barbie subline that has clothes that work:

Subline is called "So In Style", in particular the children from the line. Shoes are hit-and-miss, though. They might work on smalls, but definitely won't work on talls.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Mon May 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Yeah, shoes are a tricky part.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

DilaZirK
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5

Post by DilaZirK » Sat May 22, 2010 3:16 am

Xehn wrote:I've encountered a Barbie subline that has clothes that work

Subline is called "So In Style", in particular the children from the line. Shoes are hit-and-miss, though. They might work on smalls, but definitely won't work on talls.
...MUST HAVE! @_@

I assume TRU carries these?

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Sat May 22, 2010 5:05 am

They might, Dila. It's an older line, I think... Mine were found at Walmart on clearance for $5 each... Another Walmart in my area has a few for normal retail, which was $8-ish.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Mon May 24, 2010 12:51 pm

What about hats? are there any good places to find Shinki sized hats?

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Mon May 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Sweetness! A Barbie clothes line that have clothes that will fit Shinkis!

Guess I better hit up my local Wal-Mart and see what I can find! :D

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Mon May 24, 2010 7:58 pm

I will say this: As far as I know, there are only three dolls in the line of the correct size that are sold individually. I have two of them. The third doll's outfit is kinda... uh. It's a blue shirt, pink jacket, pink shorts with suspenders.

Glace Leau
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: White Strarf

Post by Glace Leau » Sun May 30, 2010 3:05 am

The SiS little sister dolls are definitely still around, saw them at TRU yesterday. There are also some versions that come with the big sisters, which also have way nicer sculpts and clothes than regular playline Barbies by the way.

Testing out my doll stuff:
Shoes:
Some sandal-type Barbie heels actually look the right size and fit on MMS 1st feet, but you'll have to put in a dab of postertack to keep them on. I also have one pair that is particularly small and thin with an ankle strap, fits nicely and stays on. There is a chunky wedge heel mold that also stays on okay and looks pretty good, it's on the "sassy" 100 poses doll right now. Everything else (sneakers, boots, standard heels) is too big.
Skipper shoes are a total no-go, Kelly ones are way too small but if you pull off the feet boots look okay. I have a pair of sneakers I mugged off a thrift store Olsen twin doll, they look like they might fit but I can't get my Dollfie's feet out of them to try. No on Liv shoes or Disney's HSM/Hanna Montana/whatever they're pushing at the time shoes. Fashion Polly shoes are too small, you can put on the boots if you take off feet if you really want though.

Clothes:

90's-era Kelly clothes fit okay but are crop-tops and miniskirts. Mystery Kelly knock-off clothes work surprisingly well. Modern holiday Kelly dress fits as a long shirt really nicely; new Kellys (Kellies?) are skinnier than old ones so their clothes look good, they only seem to sell them separately for holidays though! Juku Couture socks and elastic skirt fit.
Bratz pants are passable as baggy pants, most are slightly short on Bratz and the right length on Shinkis, but look bad at the waist as you'll have to tape it or add new velcro. But they look passable with a shirt on to cover it.
I also have a small Magical Melody DoReMi doll (weird thrift store find), those clothes fit but are short.
From my BJD clothes, a Fairyland Pukipuki dress fits as a babydoll top. The bloomers would fit if I hadn't broken the elastic.
Fashion Polly clothes will occasionally fit and look nice when they do, since they're plasticky and match Shinkis hair and such. Look for jackets that open in the front. You can get dresses on as tops and they would be great if the chests matched up. =#

Hats are really hard to guage since there's so much head size variation. Fashion Polly hats fit on most of my Shinkis, but they are the small-headed ones. Fashion Polly wigs are a nice fit on a bald Zelno!

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Sun May 30, 2010 11:19 am

I have some shots on my "Shinkis Showing their goods" thread with Marienda trying some Polly Pocket stuff.

Rytearik just informed me that the clothing from those little scrapbooking sets might also work, the "Dimensional stickers" are actually just flattened out, though they haven't been tested on a Shinki for proof yet.