Shinki Clothing

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: Shinki Clothing

Post by Xehn » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:44 pm

quick comment...

I'm PRETTY sure the Full-Puni figures' clothes won't work with shinki. With stuff like this I'm pretty sure the clothes are molded as separate body parts. Plus, I think the figures themselves are considerably larger than shinki.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Bratz were mentioned earlier. I know the regular line is WAY to big for Shinki figures. Is there a smaller subline? I'd probably find clothing a lot more easily if I wasn't afraid of the doll section in the local toy store. (Being a 22 year old male in a doll isle is looked at strangely here.) Most online measurements are pretty inaccurate.

I found some of the clothes that come as decorations in scrapbooking packets work. Though you'll need to do some tweaking as the sleeves are usually glued together and there's a thing of sticky tack on the back (I just run a paintbrush through the sleeves and the glue comes apart easily). Sizes Vary though so it's up you your own measurements. (I found a jacket that was way too big for an MMS tall, but the Karate outfit fits an MMS Small perfectly). I haven't tried many of them yet so I'm not sure all of what works and what doesn't.

If you just want some accessories like bikes, chairs, desks, ect. then Shinki fit anything 1/12 quite nicely. (Though 1/12 doll clothes are pretty hard to come by).
which shinki is the one with the white ears?
That's Type Eagle's Wavemate, Type Lynx (correct?), I don't remember her name, the most recently released wave I believe. The ears look Custom though.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Xehn wrote:quick comment...

I'm PRETTY sure the Full-Puni figures' clothes won't work with shinki. With stuff like this I'm pretty sure the clothes are molded as separate body parts. Plus, I think the figures themselves are considerably larger than shinki.

yeah I'll kind of Agree however you can change the heads.. Shinki heads work on their bodies ;)
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

Akelei
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao for now :3

Post by Akelei » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:07 pm

which shinki is the one with the white ears?
That's Type Eagle's Wavemate, Type Lynx (correct?), I don't remember her name, the most recently released wave I believe. The ears look Custom though.
thanks!

I found some of the clothes that come as decorations in scrapbooking packets work. Though you'll need to do some tweaking as the sleeves are usually glued together and there's a thing of sticky tack on the back (I just run a paintbrush through the sleeves and the glue comes apart easily). Sizes Vary though so it's up you your own measurements. (I found a jacket that was way too big for an MMS tall, but the Karate outfit fits an MMS Small perfectly). I haven't tried many of them yet so I'm not sure all of what works and what doesn't.
I followed your idea and found a ruffle skirt for scrapbooking, it is clued at the waist but looks like it could be fixed, if is the case I will take some photo ... I also got some clothes from the Brazts and is huge big, but easy to fix I guess ... I am thinking on doing my own clothes :) ... lets see what happends :D

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Using the Karate Outfit.

If you plan on making clothing there's a lot of 1/12 patterns available, but I lack any sewing ability so I have no way of making anything.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Akelei
Class C Shinki

Post by Akelei » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:02 pm

OHWceta wrote:
Using the Karate Outfit.

If you plan on making clothing there's a lot of 1/12 patterns available, but I lack any sewing ability so I have no way of making anything.
Thanks for the tip, didn't know really what pattern to look for, I was just going to get any and adjust to the size of the shinki xD ... and about the lack of sewing, this will be my first try ... I feel really motivated :3

P.S. nice outfit :3

blaqkout
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by blaqkout » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:42 pm

OHWceta wrote:Bratz were mentioned earlier. I know the regular line is WAY to big for Shinki figures. Is there a smaller subline?
Yes! Bratz Kids. The pants and dresses fit shinkis really well but the regular shirts tend to be too short.

A (very bad) picture of them wearing some of the Bratz Kids clothes I have:
Socks are my handiwork : P but as you can see the shirt on Asuka is way too short. That's around the standard length for most shirts from this line.

Also, I make a lot of my own shinki clothes! It takes a lot of practice to make things that are presentable but it's possible to do by hand. I got a sewing machine for Christmas so I'm slowly learning to use that instead... basically what I'm saying here is don't be scared to jump in and try it! Anyone can make something very cute for their girls if they try their best. :schmetterling:

Ranalcus

Post by Ranalcus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:58 am

http://cgi.ebay.pl/Limited-Busou-Shinki ... 3cb222d44c

Is this original? Set of normal T-shirt and T-shirt for Busou Shinki.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Yeah, those sets are official. There was a yellow set featuring Partio, as well.

Akelei
Class C Shinki

Post by Akelei » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Hello!
After some failed tries, I've finally made something decent to show xD ... sorry about the light on the pictures ... anyway ... all hand made and I am so proud of it :D of course is no the best thing but is something and at least doesn't fall apart xD