Shinki Clothing

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Kirie
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0

Re: Shinki Clothing

Post by Kirie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:12 am

PlasticWaifu wrote:I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Picco Neemo shoes. I have one of my girls in long socks at the moment but it just doesn't look right without shoes on. Does anyone know if Picco Neemo shoes will fit a Shinki's feet?
They have two kinds of materials.

Cheaper model are made from soft vinyl (ソフビ / sofubi). This is a single mould plastic. My experience is only with the boots version, and it took much effort to push the feet in and even more to pull them off. Shinki's feet also tend to detach itself, so you'll have to push and massage it out.
Have the non-boots shoes, but that one is for my Assault Lily, never tried it on Shinki.

The pricier model are made of synthetic leather with shoelaces. This one is easier because the shoelace can be loosen up to fit in the feet. Minus point is the shoelaces can get loose on its own and the foam soles are much thicker.

PlasticWaifu
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Oorbellen

Post by PlasticWaifu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Kirie wrote:
PlasticWaifu wrote:I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Picco Neemo shoes. I have one of my girls in long socks at the moment but it just doesn't look right without shoes on. Does anyone know if Picco Neemo shoes will fit a Shinki's feet?
They have two kinds of materials.

Cheaper model are made from soft vinyl (ソフビ / sofubi). This is a single mould plastic. My experience is only with the boots version, and it took much effort to push the feet in and even more to pull them off. Shinki's feet also tend to detach itself, so you'll have to push and massage it out.
Have the non-boots shoes, but that one is for my Assault Lily, never tried it on Shinki.

The pricier model are made of synthetic leather with shoelaces. This one is easier because the shoelace can be loosen up to fit in the feet. Minus point is the shoelaces can get loose on its own and the foam soles are much thicker.
It's the cheaper non-boot ones I'm looking at getting. Wish they were still available in black but I'll see how they fit and look on my girls in brown anyway. It's only a few hundred yen a pair so it doesn't hurt to try them.

quotemarks
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Post by quotemarks » Sat May 23, 2015 2:33 am

I've actually been considering using some of the scrap denim I have left over from repairing my old jeans to make something nice for my Shinki.

31 DEC UPDATE:

Have people tried using Kotobukiya's Cu-Poche EXTRA clothing sets with the shinki? I know they aren't 'scaled' figures given their deliberately chibi proportions, but...

White cat hoodie set

Black cat hoodie set

Anne the Mascot (comes with filly pink dress

Hannari set

I got my Valona to wear the frilly pink number from Anne's kit, and it DOES fit Shinki torsos (It's a little short for MMS1 and MMS3 tall though, so the hemline of it comes just about crotch level for her). I wonder if the tights or boots from the hoodie set can fit a shinki...?
GNU Terry Pratchett