over-all questions on shinki (ask questions here)

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

over-all questions on shinki (ask questions here)

Post by star » Sun May 16, 2010 7:48 pm

ok....no i dont own a yda myself but i would realy like to....i gave up on finding ach for now....anyways...anyone have any helpfull advice or pics such as were to put those 3 things labeled sac? or what is yda's other top like, whats bellow that covering thing?(my family are peekers who strongly dissaprove of tigris top, and ianiera's and grafias but their obvious....and easily covered with a ribbon or 2 in ianeiras case) and does any of her parts easily break?

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Re: over-all questions on shinki (ask questions here)

Post by shizen22 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:02 pm

If you haven't noticed in the manual, the SAC is the ammo cartridge for Yda & Ach's standard blaster and goes where you see the round indent on the gun. You don't want to put the clear purple jellycans there instead because, although similar in shape, they're not really designed to be put there and might break if you try to fit it onto the gun directly. You can either stack the cartridges on top of each other or just stick one onto the blaster and the rest somewhere else on the bike.

As for Yda's chest piece, since Yda has a rather modest alt chest (practically DFC) compared to her flamboyant sister's combined with the fact that Yda's chest armor covers her entire chest (as opposed to Ach's which...doesn't cover it at all :p), you really can't see anything unless you take off the chest piece and even then you'll only see a very small sliver of skin peaking through the top. Your family shouldn't have any problems with her at all in that regards.

As for easily breakable parts, one of the pegs on the "dummy plug" is easily breakable due to bad transformation design and has broken of for me and at least one other person. The lighter side of this is that the peg doesn't have a real significant impact on either armor mode. If I knew what I know now, I'd just saw off the peg entirely.

As a side FYI, both Ach and Yda has a "Dame!!"("No!!") with a crossed out heart printed on their chest piece. Ach's is very visible since it's on the left front portion of her chest but Yda's is hidden underneath her chest armor on the bottom of her chest and it's in very small print so you'd need a magnifying glass or a camera with good macro to make it out.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Tue May 18, 2010 5:05 pm

shizen22 wrote:If you haven't noticed in the manual, the SAC is the ammo cartridge for Yda & Ach's standard blaster and goes where you see the round indent on the gun. You don't want to put the clear purple jellycans there instead because, although similar in shape, they're not really designed to be put there and might break if you try to fit it onto the gun directly. You can either stack the cartridges on top of each other or just stick one onto the blaster and the rest somewhere else on the bike.

As for Yda's chest piece, since Yda has a rather modest alt chest (practically DFC) compared to her flamboyant sister's combined with the fact that Yda's chest armor covers her entire chest (as opposed to Ach's which...doesn't cover it at all :p), you really can't see anything unless you take off the chest piece and even then you'll only see a very small sliver of skin peaking through the top. Your family shouldn't have any problems with her at all in that regards.

As for easily breakable parts, one of the pegs on the "dummy plug" is easily breakable due to bad transformation design and has broken of for me and at least one other person. The lighter side of this is that the peg doesn't have a real significant impact on either armor mode. If I knew what I know now, I'd just saw off the peg entirely.

As a side FYI, both Ach and Yda has a "Dame!!"("No!!") with a crossed out heart printed on their chest piece. Ach's is very visible since it's on the left front portion of her chest but Yda's is hidden underneath her chest armor on the bottom of her chest and it's in very small print so you'd need a magnifying glass or a camera with good macro to make it out.
what is a "dame"? and were can i get yda cheap? i checked most all the sites on the sites to buy shinki and id like to buy her for around $30

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Yda and Ach? Under $30? In a word: Impossible. Both have become nigh impossible to find under $70.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Tue May 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Yda is hard to find under $70; Ach is hard to find at all...

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:09 am

star wrote:what is a "dame"? and were can i get yda cheap? i checked most all the sites on the sites to buy shinki and id like to buy her for around $30
In your dreams. :cheesygrin: As others have mentioned, they very hard to find and if you do, it ain't going to be cheap.

"Dame" = Japanese for "no" or "not good". I'm sure you can figure out the context from there.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 pm

wow......all the shinkis on ebay seem to be way over priced......or maybe im just poor.....either way i just bought a zyrdarya...is there realy any way to have her were those sleaves and hold something with them....the sleeves cover her hand so her guns dont fit.....and what does her gun do?(the one without the multitude of places to launch from, um....the one with the fat end and the red thing)

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri May 28, 2010 11:22 pm

just got a plastica head, i cant seem to put it together, i got the pieces all nice and neatly cut of all flaws and put the face together but the neck piece is awfully loose and the foam peice pushes the head off so im so confused and im not sure what skin tone it is......its got black hair, long in the back, i believe it was labled 2 as in a product number generic thing but im not sure how to make it all put together and stuff, please help me :vitulus: .

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:35 pm

heres a question, anyone selling an ianeira's tail, and jet pack piece, just those pieces cause i really dont wanna buy a second ianeira or use parts from mine.........

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:50 pm

ok, what is the purpose of the red thing on ianeira's head and at the top of her "floatation device"? ive seen they have a purpose because i saw them labeled but i cant read japanese......anyone know?