What should I get next?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: What should I get next?

Post by Xehn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:59 am

For what it's worth, the hammer is rocket-powered.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:14 am

Did you miss the part where I said it was planned to be a blade weapon type Shinki? :P
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 am

The hammer is also spiked. Spikes are kinda like blades. Did we mention that it's rocket-powered?

All joking aside, once you have a Strarf in your hands, you'll see why no one's giving her up. You'll also likely put off your custom until you get another Strarf. She really is that great.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:07 am

*glues assorted blades to the hammer* Problem solved. :D

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Any suggestions on making it into a scythe? (or maybe adding a Scythe blade to the back of the hammer for a two-sided weapon)
Hylian Pirate wrote: All joking aside, once you have a Strarf in your hands, you'll see why no one's giving her up. You'll also likely put off your custom until you get another Strarf. She really is that great.
I only got a Valona and I noticed, at first I wasn't the biggest fan, I just needed her for the Type 1 Body but I hate wasting the other parts of her. (The blades and tail were quite easy to add to Waffe Dolphin and now I have "Stingray", The head will show up in my "Masurao" Custom.)

But I mean, even my favorite toys get attacked by dogs and children invading my space, so I'm shocked people don't have any broken ones they're selling so they can use the money to buy a new one.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:39 pm

OHWceta wrote:But I mean, even my favorite toys get attacked by dogs and children invading my space, so I'm shocked people don't have any broken ones they're selling so they can use the money to buy a new one.
With all due respect, does your space happen to have a "door?" Using this "door," you should be able to keep at least dogs away from your prized possessions. As for children, perhaps a higher display shelf is in order. I believe that most Shinki collectors have ways of keeping their stuff safe from natural disasters like animals and human children. We know what kind of money we had to drop on our collection, and we'd hate to see that cash go to more waste than it already has... (Just kidding, girls! I don't think you're a waste at all!) Your best bet is to wait and see if anyone decides to give up the hobby... It happened once before over at TFW2005. Will it happen here? Not likely, but you never know.

Do you have any comic or other hobby shops in your area? If so, check them out. The original Strarf and Arnval were released in the States through Diamond shipping, as well as MaoChao, Howling, and Benio. I just got a Benio the other week from a guy who runs a hobby shop in New York and was still looking to get rid of some stock. If you have anything like that near you, it couldn't hurt to check...

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:09 am

I found no Shinki figures at the Hobby Bench.

I tried 2 different Atomic Comic Stores but that was back around Christmas Time.

I really wish All 4 Anime carried them, they finally started stocking Figma Figures, they're a bit behind on getting new stuff.

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:40 am

You should see if the stores will special order them for you.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:44 am

Benio wrote:You should see if the stores will special order them for you.

They'll do that? I mean, at the store I work at it annoys me when someone asks to special order something we don't carry, and most of the time we're not allowed to special order anyways.

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:13 pm

OHWceta wrote:
Benio wrote:You should see if the stores will special order them for you.

They'll do that? I mean, at the store I work at it annoys me when someone asks to special order something we don't carry, and most of the time we're not allowed to special order anyways.

Some stores will and some won't. They will usually check their distributors to see if they can get the item or not. It doesn't hurt to ask.