Juvisy Question

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Crashman-iac
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Juvisy

Juvisy Question

Post by Crashman-iac » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:25 am

I'm a bit torn about buying Juvisy.

I found her for a really good price, but I'm aware of Juvisy's problems, so I'm nervous about spending the cash.

The main thing keeping me from buying her is her soft sticky plastic. Where I live it gets pretty hot in the summer, so should I avoid getting her for that, or some other reason I'm not aware of? :maochao:

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Juvisy Question

Post by Polenicus » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:55 am

Crashman-iac wrote:I'm a bit torn about buying Juvisy.

I found her for a really good price, but I'm aware of Juvisy's problems, so I'm nervous about spending the cash.

The main thing keeping me from buying her is her soft sticky plastic. Where I live it gets pretty hot in the summer, so should I avoid getting her for that, or some other reason I'm not aware of? :maochao:
Juvisy's soft plastic is all in her armor, so it really depends on how important her armor is to you. Her body and standard MMS parts are all standard plastic, and don't have any issues as far as I'm aware (yes, I have her)

Unless your summers get hot enough to melt car panels, you don't have much to worry about with Juvisy spontaneously degrading from the heat. The issue will be if it's really hot (Or really cold) and you try and rearrange her armor, which can cause pegs and pivots to tear. This is true of pretty much ANY plastic toy.

Keep her out of direct sunlight, try and avoid torquing pieces when she's been in temperature extremes, and you shouldn't have any really big problems. My Juvisy has yet to weather an Edmonton summer though, so I can't say for certain.

Crashman-iac
MMS Naked

Post by Crashman-iac » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Polenicus wrote:
Crashman-iac wrote:I'm a bit torn about buying Juvisy.

Juvisy's soft plastic is all in her armor, so it really depends on how important her armor is to you. Her body and standard MMS parts are all standard plastic, and don't have any issues as far as I'm aware (yes, I have her)

Unless your summers get hot enough to melt car panels, you don't have much to worry about with Juvisy spontaneously degrading from the heat. The issue will be if it's really hot (Or really cold) and you try and rearrange her armor, which can cause pegs and pivots to tear. This is true of pretty much ANY plastic toy.

Keep her out of direct sunlight, try and avoid torquing pieces when she's been in temperature extremes, and you shouldn't have any really big problems. My Juvisy has yet to weather an Edmonton summer though, so I can't say for certain.

Thanks for the help! I have another quick question though.

Is her armor guaranteed to be sticky out of the package?

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Mine wasn't (and still isn't) sticky.

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:14 pm

My Juvisy isn't too sticky either. It is a softer plastic than most of the other shinkis use for their armor pieces so i don't know if the mold release wasn't washed off very well or if it is an inherent trait of that type of plastic. If you are getting it from the place I'm thinking of, then I'd say go for it anyways since the price is so good.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:49 am

Mine wasn't sticky. The plastic is definitely soft and rubbery, but it wasn't sticky.

Crashman-iac
MMS Naked

Post by Crashman-iac » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:24 am

Good. Soft Plastic I can deal with. Thanks for the help everyone. :biggrin: