Shinki Prices...still worth gold???

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Shinki Prices...still worth gold???

Postby protostar8 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:37 pm

So obviously when the anime was out, the prices skyrocketed. But anymore, are the prices still sky high or have they fallen back to their pre-show prices? (Which were roughly retail cost or lower with a few exceptions like hard to find exclusives)
protostar8
Class B Shinki
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:11 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Shinki Prices...still worth gold???

Postby Stanisburgh » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:42 pm

Still expensive. Don't expect anything to be going for retail when the line's been out of production for so long.
Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm
Shinkis owned: 49
MMS owned: 0

Re: Shinki Prices...still worth gold???

Postby rubixbox » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:04 am

Stanisburgh wrote:Still expensive. Don't expect anything to be going for retail when the line's been out of production for so long.


Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for these figures to become cheaper, especially now that the line's been discontinued/taken over by Kotobukiya. If anything, I'd expect prices to skyrocket unless you can find them at a swap-meet or something.
rubixbox
Class S Shinki
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:42 pm
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Re: Shinki Prices...still worth gold???

Postby Xehn » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:28 am

It's worth mentioning that SOME never actually skyrocketed in price like that, there are quite a few shinki still at the sub-$100 mark, even a couple at the sub-$50 mark.
User avatar
Xehn
Kamen Adminder
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:28 pm
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: Shinki Prices...still worth gold???

Postby protostar8 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:33 am

Xehn wrote:It's worth mentioning that SOME never actually skyrocketed in price like that, there are quite a few shinki still at the sub-$100 mark, even a couple at the sub-$50 mark.


I agree Xehn, quite a few are not sky high, though many sellers are asking crazy prices. Maybe they'll get a few bites, but I don't see many selling for the over $100 mark.
I don't know why people think "out of production" instantly means skyrocketing prices??? For some items it can be, others not so much. I was actually predicting a sharp decline in sellable pricing (you can ASK whatever price you want, but it will only sell at a certain price or lower). I think the main reasoning is declining interest. Because the line has died out and been taken over by things like Armor Girls, these figures are becoming less interesting and less collectible than mainstream material, which I think will lead to the overall decline in price of the line as a whole.
protostar8
Class B Shinki
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:11 pm
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Shinki Prices...still worth gold???

Postby Stanisburgh » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:55 pm

protostar8 wrote:
Xehn wrote:It's worth mentioning that SOME never actually skyrocketed in price like that, there are quite a few shinki still at the sub-$100 mark, even a couple at the sub-$50 mark.


I agree Xehn, quite a few are not sky high, though many sellers are asking crazy prices. Maybe they'll get a few bites, but I don't see many selling for the over $100 mark.
I don't know why people think "out of production" instantly means skyrocketing prices??? For some items it can be, others not so much. I was actually predicting a sharp decline in sellable pricing (you can ASK whatever price you want, but it will only sell at a certain price or lower). I think the main reasoning is declining interest. Because the line has died out and been taken over by things like Armor Girls, these figures are becoming less interesting and less collectible than mainstream material, which I think will lead to the overall decline in price of the line as a whole.



Arnval mk 2 is usually sold at over 150 dollars on average on Mandarake. This is not a case of a retailer increasing prices unreasonably, rather it's a reflection of the demand on the product despite not having a steady supply. While shinkis keep getting bought up from stores like mandarake, the prices will keep going up, if they shelfwarm, they'll fall. So far higher demand shinkis like Arnval have not had any issues getting sold, regardless of your perception of things, therefore the prices will stay the same or go up. As Koto's kits are entirely separate products and there are currently only two shinkis known to be planned for production out of the dozens out there, unless there's an outright rerelease from Konami, this won't change in the forseeable future. The only thing you can do is decide to buy or not. Just cause something might be less interesting to you, doesn't mean anyone should cater to your wallet when there're people who will buy something for more than you're willing to. Anyone who'd be willing to sell you any of the higher demand shinkis at retail or below at this point in time is either a complete retard or a saint.
Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm
Shinkis owned: 49
MMS owned: 0

Re: Shinki Prices...still worth gold???

Postby CameronDen » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:58 am

Stanisburgh wrote:Still expensive. Don't expect anything to be going for retail when the line's been out of production for so long.


Way too expensive imo.
CameronDen
MMS Naked
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 am
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1


Return to Toy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron