What video game/s are you currently hung up on?

Talk about Other forms of Media here!
Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Re: What video game/s are you currently hung up on?

Post by Zenislez » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:44 am

Yep, that is also one of the reason why I love to play it. And it is very refreshing to play when you are on your very edge. Besides it is a lot better to brutally murder in game rather than IRL right?

Some people say it is a lot better to play Dynasty warriors since you can basically kill hundreds to thousands, but in deception, though only limited in number, the quality of how you kill the opponent is priceless. Basically, only limited to your imagination.

And if you feel particularly sadistic, you can join the fun in the trap too. :eek:

Okay, I guess I have gone too far again. Sorry.

Speaking of which, while I'm still trying to get Musumaker, I found a nice little gem that play something like the classic True Love. Basically you are a student, trying to improve your status and get the ending you want.

The title is Shira Oka - Second Chances. It is totally safe, some nice stories, the character design are nice and it is fully in english since it is created by western company. The only thing that put it down though minor is the voice act. But since you can just silence the voice act, it is all good for me.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:10 am

Never got into western made galge. They're either just blatant carbon copies of established JP titles or inject too much western culture into the plot, making it rather tasteless. The bad voices are a given.

Last JP galge I played was Time Leap for the PS3. It's the only one of it's kind that features actual 3D models instead of static 2D ones. The story was rather bland, but the choices to get certain endings aren't as complicated as the average galge.

That also reminds me, I have yet to even boot up (and tear off the plastic wrapping) two of my impulse purchases from several months ago, namely White Album (PS3 remake) and Touch Shiyou! Love Application (PS3)

On Topic:

PS3: Battle Operation - Playing mainly Draw games for now, I'm waiting for the GM Light Armor to complete.

Vita: Uncharted - Finished this ages ago, just backtracking for the treasures I missed.

PSP: Some Battle Masters Mk II so I don't lose my edge, then a bit of K-On Houkago Live to relieve my frustration from the stupid timing of the HD version.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 pm

The way you answer it somehow made me feel talking to Sena :)

But since my Jap knowledge is very limited playing the japanese version is pretty much a losing battle for me.

Update.....what update? I'm still playing Battle Masters, God Eaters and Project Dive.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:47 am

As a gaming fan, I'm very particular about content. Galges are no exception.

DEARDROPS
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estoril&Arnval

Post by DEARDROPS » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:43 pm

is Corpse party Book of shadows a great game? errr, not to mention that the OVA has been out. Some said that the "Book Of Shadows" game sucks. But I wanted to try it, is it worth the try? or just a waste of time?
I wanna curse Japan for making DEARDROPS a great game and making milktub having great musics that I can't even let a single hour without listening to it.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:52 am

Personally, I'm not in to Galges with horror themes. If I want horror, I can easily boot up Siren or Biohazard.

PS3: Battle Operation. Now at Lt. Senior Grade Rank, doing mainly draw games to get better stuff. Also playing Attouteki! Mugen Souls on the side while waiting for my copy of Kami Jigen Game Neptune to arrive.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:09 am

You're mistaking adventure games for galges. Visual novels can be much more than dating sims.
Go check out 999 for NDS. It's the prequel to 3DS' Zero Escape (releases in English in november). Both are thrillers too, and well recieved. Dunno about Corpse Party, but I've been wanting to play it.
And believe it or not, Hotel Dusk, Trace Memory, Professor Layton and Ace Attoryney also belong to the same genre as any galge you can name.

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 am

"Adventure Game" and "Visual Novel" are just general terms.

In otaku lingo, if it has a significant number of girls in the main cast, it's a Galge. It need not be a relationship sim.

The main backdrop of Corpse Party is horror, but it has a predominantly female cast and a dash of fanservice.

Hence the tag.

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:19 pm

PC
Phantasy Star Online 2 [JPN]
Valkyria Chronicles Duel
World Of Tanks (Clan War Commitment)
Blacklight Retribution

PS3
Valkyria Chronicles (Constantly replaying it)

PSP
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - 3

Arcade
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Yoshimitsu and Alisa combo)
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:53 am

I never know that you are a big fan of Valkyria Chronicles, Mikuo.

Right now...No update for me. Not only because lack of access to get a new game but also because I'm a ridiculously stubborn when finding a game that I really like.

Another part is because busy and still active making battle masters guide.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"