What video game/s are you currently hung up on?

Talk about Other forms of Media here!
Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: What video game/s are you currently hung up on?

Post by Xehn » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:37 pm

OshareKeiji wrote:The only Survival Horror game I ever seriously played was Biohazard 4, since the controls aren't as whacked as the others.
the only RE game I've played without horrible controls is Operation Raccoon City. >.>

DEARDROPS
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estoril&Arnval

Post by DEARDROPS » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Zenislez wrote:You only unlock costume and item up to hard. Playing on extreme will only get you the title you can use in avatar card. So it is more like for your only satisfaction.

Yeah, the passionate sing of Hatsune Miku is monster. Once start, there's no stopping to rapid tapping that circle button. I broke my circle button one time just because of this song.
that's what I'm afraid of :O that's why I don't try my best for extreme songs XDD

EDIT: Planning to translate myself deardrops distortion, I also loved the music there XD I might hack the iso for sure just like what I did in Final Fantasy Type-0
I wanna curse Japan for making DEARDROPS a great game and making milktub having great musics that I can't even let a single hour without listening to it.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:30 pm

Lately I've been hooked up with an old game called Princess Maker 2.

Basically, you are tasked to raise your daughter and the ending you will get depends on how is her status, her social standing, etc, etc. She can ends up as a warrior, adventurer, princess and also some of the bad ones like ends up with a demon.

Any one know other games like this?
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Played something like that on the old PC Engine FX. Sotsugyou Neo Generation.

There, you're a teacher in an all-girls school. How you guide them will depend if they graduate, repeat a year, or drop out.

Best case, the girl that you're closest to will marry you if she graduates, lol.
My love for Harumi goes THIS far. Accomplished 2012/08/17.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Similar title? Musumaker (NSFW), PC platform :P
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 pm

PS3: Gundam Battle Operation: I'm close to reaching Lieutenant Junior Grade Rank. I think I'll cool it a bit after I obtain the full plans for the limited run Gundam and Gelgoog.

Vita: Started P4 The Golden. I also own the PS2 version, so I'm very much aware of the changes.

DEARDROPS
Class B Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estoril&Arnval

Post by DEARDROPS » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:05 am

right now I'm practicing my Kanji-reading skills by playing games that aren't translated.

PSP : DEARDROPS Distortion, Macross Triangle Frontier, Busou Shinki Battle Masters MK.2, BRS The Game (All jap)

Can't play with my computer, I've got my classes everyday, talk about Sunday classes?! >.<

I'm in college right now with the course of Ch.E and taking up music classes on week ends, good thing I still get to watch animes XD
I wanna curse Japan for making DEARDROPS a great game and making milktub having great musics that I can't even let a single hour without listening to it.

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Ugh...kanji is so damn hard to memorize.

Well, while waiting to get Musumaker, I also want to ask some games.

Did any of you guys ever played Deception? It is a game where you use traps to brutally maim and kill anyone that get in your way. Tough I said brutally, there's also a lot comedic trap that I found hilarious if you manage to kill someone with this. Some of my favourite ones is

Death by banana peel
Death by wooden horse
Death by dropping a vase/dish

And the most hilarious and probably the most embarrasing

Peck to death by a cuckoo clock :cheesygrin: (imagine a big hulking knight that won't die by boulder, bear trap, guillotine but die because of a cuckoo clock).

But so far I only know Deception games that have this mechanic. Anyone know other games where you need to use traps to defeat your opponent? NSFW is also fine.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:56 am

Deception is awesome, but Kagero is even better. Didn't like Dark Delusion as much, and ended up never playing Trapt. Now I want to XD
I remember seeing a similar game, but I think it wasn't as good. Don't remember it now.
I think the genre kinda evolved into tower defense...

OshareKeiji
Class S Shinki

Post by OshareKeiji » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Played almost all of them save for the first.

Kagero is especially good despite the controls being awful clunky.

Admittedly, the Mortal x Timenoid struggle made tons more sense than the Alendar x Burganfada affair, but I still like Somatou (JP title of Dark Delusion) because Reina can perform a side roll. I can't count the number of times I've lured many intruders to their doom by standing near a wall trap, side roll, then activate and combo to oblivion.

Kagero 2's room based dark illusion traps are amusing, but they're a pain to set up.

The only similar game I know of is Trap Gunner, though it's more player competition-based and not gory.