Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

A first buyer’s view_"werkstra"

Post by Chalkred » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:45 am

Hey.
Ive long been admiring these figures scattered shots (for drafting reference) but only quite recently decided to get hold of one. Mind you this is my first thing of the sort by a whole.(ive never owned a toy figure until now)

There are already some significant reviews in English for these, but I was still surprised to see the actual thing. So here’s my thoughts on Konami’s Busou Shinki.

After considering all the available models, I bought a Werkstra (type angel-commando).
The first thing that crossed my mind as I took “her” out of the box was (Its so small ) and (Its so beautifully detailed )
Then- (its too light. Feels fragile )

The figure is as tall as a palm, still managing tiny little painted and structure details.
The instructions are of course in Japanese, but the chart drafts are help enough for you to realize you cannot bend them a certain way, unless you rotate this and that carefully first.

Carefully, because then the arm popped off.
Its significantly easy for some pats to fall off when you fiddle with it. (arms/hands in particular in my case) You’ll realize that there are tiny tiny little rings that go amid hand/arm which are extremely easy to lose. (all of it is, if you don’t pull the packaging right they’ll go flying in all directions heh! )

The grab-stance hands are soft, so that you slip the guns in, and you’ll notice other wrist rings to replace the other plain tiny ones with, shaped differently so that it includes a peg to plug in other things, such as her shield, or small rockets (?).

Theres also other larger rings (for the arms) and some im not sure where they go- (it would seem the legs, but they are too loose to be as such)
It comes with extra pegs, facing in different directions. They still confuse me.

You’ll find yourself wondering where this and that goes. How and why.
As you mount accessories, you feel it becomes more stable /gains weight to it.
I had some trouble switching things to its head, being probably the tighter spot to handle. Its head also bobs a bit, as it can loosely be pulled straight off its neck. Am a bit worried about this, as im not sure its supposed to be this loose- as we know use will only loosen things more,I might lose control of it in time.

In the end. It’s a lovely figure ( useful for basic reference even)
Im certainly not disappointed, as the good seems to outweigh the bad.
So much, Id like to get another. ( probably Valora )

Sadly I cannot try the game feature as the character is not yet available : )
(would be especially tricky for me at any rate)

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Re: A first buyer’s view_"werkstra"

Post by Pyaamon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:37 am

Actually she is...! There are plenty of guides to get you started here because it is a bit of a mission.

Insofar as looseness goes, I have been told that nail gloss(?) can be painted over loose pins to make a little layer of 'plastic' to stiffen it up if needs be - the clear kind. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this!

Werkstra is adorable. Mine is the poor long suffering sane shinki of my collection :x

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Pyaamon wrote:Actually she is...! There are plenty of guides to get you started here because it is a bit of a mission.

Insofar as looseness goes, I have been told that nail gloss(?) can be painted over loose pins to make a little layer of 'plastic' to stiffen it up if needs be - the clear kind. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this!

Werkstra is adorable. Mine is the poor long suffering sane shinki of my collection :x

she is? in game you mean? actually i dont know where to get the game, maybe you could help me get started? : )

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:45 pm

LOL. Try here - http://www.fuyoh.net/category/toys/busou-shinki/. It's a little outdated but you can download the game. The people in cbox can also help you (at the bottom of the board index) and the Battle Rondo section of this board will have plenty of information and player information there if you need it.

I'm the kind of person who just presses buttons and mutters swearwords under their breath when it goes wrong or the shinki gets mad :( I'm pretty terrible at it!

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:15 pm

Pyaamon wrote:LOL. Try here - http://www.fuyoh.net/category/toys/busou-shinki/. It's a little outdated but you can download the game. The people in cbox can also help you (at the bottom of the board index) and the Battle Rondo section of this board will have plenty of information and player information there if you need it.

I'm the kind of person who just presses buttons and mutters swearwords under their breath when it goes wrong or the shinki gets mad :( I'm pretty terrible at it!

still, i dont seem to know where to find the game for download- : c

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:12 am

Pyaamon wrote:Insofar as looseness goes, I have been told that nail gloss(?) can be painted over loose pins to make a little layer of 'plastic' to stiffen it up if needs be - the clear kind. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this!
More or less correct, in principle anyways. You're applying a thin layer of material so it fits more snugly in the hole, making it harder for it to fall out. It's not really plastic, though.

If you're really careful to keep the part moving so it doesnt set, you can use superglue for a similar effect.

unholy_gaurdian
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: waffe bunny

Post by unholy_gaurdian » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 am

https://id.konami.net/login.do

first you need to create a Japanese konami ID, I would recommend using the quick registration as you dont need to add a postal address - filter each question through babbelfish and you will be fine(when it asks for an address it means an email address-took me a while to discover this)

after you have made a konami ID click on the battle rondo butto on the left side of the screen ( same webpage as the link above) this will take you to the shinki homepage click on the third button down on the left (has a picture of a green/blue haired angel on it)

then click on the big button at the bottom of the page to download the game installer

oh and in order to update the game your computer's time must be set to japan's timezone otherwise you will just get an error

here is a usefull guide for playing the game too http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin ... 9433/48594

hope this helps

Drango
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Drango » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:12 am

Chalkred wrote:still, i dont seem to know where to find the game for download- : c
http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/support/download.html That there is the download page for Battle Rondo. If you scroll down, you'll see a big grey and blue button that lights up when you hover over it, that's the download for the EXE.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:27 pm

I second the gamefaqs guide.
It is also good to know your Werkstra's strengths and weaknesses. It took me a while with mine, as she's my first as well, but she seems to like knives/daggers and rifles the most. Don't ever try to give her a sword. ;)

She's a very lovely figure, and I'm sure you'll like Valona too if you get her (I have her as well, she's got such personality!)

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Sonja wrote:I second the gamefaqs guide.
It is also good to know your Werkstra's strengths and weaknesses. It took me a while with mine, as she's my first as well, but she seems to like knives/daggers and rifles the most. Don't ever try to give her a sword. ;)

She's a very lovely figure, and I'm sure you'll like Valona too if you get her (I have her as well, she's got such personality!)
I am def getting her! : ) might take a while however, i need to find a good ebay offer--- ( hobbylink has the shippin' fee too high for m'country)