Drango
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Drango's Shinki

Post by Drango » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Hello! Here's an interesting update...

I recently went on a camping trip of sorts to an Anime Festival called Tokonatsu (not a Con, Festival, and we all sleep in tents... not exactly camping but still... no readily available electricity for anyone outside of event-run-things) so the thought occurred to me... How do I charge my shinki in a field!? D8

TADA!!! Portable Shinki Charger!

Power pack from my tent lights.... A shinki will likely eat through those batteries like breakfast but it's something, right?

Right, all plugged in! Now we need a volunteer... Lavina! How about you?

<Lavina> ".... Are you sure this is safe...?"
Positive! How hard can a little wiring be...?

Besides... It's not like 4 AA batteries will provide anywhere near enough power to fry one of you...
<Lavina> ".... if this hurts at all, I'm coming for your head. You know that right?"

Right... then... SWITCH ON!

.... okay.... she hasn't blown up! I can't smell any ozone... Lets... just... leave her for a while and see how she is in a couple of hours or so...

If you don't hear from me again; tell my family I love them.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:01 am

It's a cute idea, anyways. Gonna need something to charge them when not at home, right?

Drango
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 11

Post by Drango » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Indeed... I got the idea when I took her (as I mentioned) to a festival with me... I was planning on taking more pictures of her around the place but in the end this is the only one I managed to get... and even this didn't turn out right... I have no patience for photography...

See; a water fight of Capture the Flag was going on at the time, so I was planning on having it look like she was running to join in as well... but yeah, everyone was in the NEXT field over at the time, and what I'd brought to act as a stand (one of the crates which also had her extra faces and hands in, had it upside down with the peg in her foot).

Anyway, one of the nights I was there it occurred to me "What if she was a REAL Shinki? How would she get charged in a field?" So I started thinking: "Portable cradle? Seems a bit hefty to carry a full cradle around... would be like carrying a full bed around to a camping trip... It needs to be compact and maybe battery operated like a phone charger... Wait... They sleep in a cradle like I sleep in a bed... here I sleep in a sleeping bag... Shinki sleeping bag charger? PERFECT!!"

I just couldn't make it at the time due to... being in a field with no sewing kit or material handy to do it with... Was also far too busy during the day to do it... Being busy (from gophering the whole event) is also why I didn't get any more photos taken...

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Just nitpicking : I can still see a bit of finger holding the foot in this picture. Nothing that won't let us enjoy the pic, but just saying.
That being said, we do get the feeling that she's running around, so congrats on that.