Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

Deviant Anomaly
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Re: My First Shinki!

Post by Deviant Anomaly » Sun May 17, 2009 1:17 am

Another place to look for parts storage options is the tupperware/rubbermaid bin and scrapbooking sections at Target or Wal-Mart (in the US).

waerd
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Benio

Post by waerd » Sun May 17, 2009 12:03 pm

If you are really picky (like me) you can use both. I put all the parts from each shinki into a zip-lock bag (actually I even put the really small pieces like spare hands into a smaller snack bag inside the larger bag) along with all the paperwork. I then put the bags into some cardboard boxes, arranged by series. At least that way it is easy to find the gear I need. Welcome to the sickn-- us, hobby. LOL

Skywave
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0

Post by Skywave » Sun May 17, 2009 3:59 pm

I might use a combination of box/tackle box and ziploc bag to store the part, I'll have to check when I receive my Straf and Arnval to see how many pieces I have and how big the box need to be. I don't plan to get that many Shinki so I shouldn't need a big box!

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Dakarriel » Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 am

Nobody 'plans' to get a lot, especially at the price shinkis come at. However, you get a few, get enthralled with them. Then it's oh, look, that artist I really like put out another wave, or oh, look, the next wave looks so cute/cool. Then, eventually, you get an ex set or a shinki that comes with an extra head, and then of course you just have to get an MMS naked body for it, so it can be another shinki...

Eventually, you'll be gibbering in a fridge box in some alleyway, surrounded by dolls.

Skywave
Class C Shinki

Post by Skywave » Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Dakarriel wrote:Nobody 'plans' to get a lot, especially at the price shinkis come at. However, you get a few, get enthralled with them. Then it's oh, look, that artist I really like put out another wave, or oh, look, the next wave looks so cute/cool. Then, eventually, you get an ex set or a shinki that comes with an extra head, and then of course you just have to get an MMS naked body for it, so it can be another shinki...

Eventually, you'll be gibbering in a fridge box in some alleyway, surrounded by dolls.
:lol:

Maybe over time, but with what's currently available I can't see me getting too many! Not that I'm picky, but when I look at Shinki I'm not really interested in stuff like pink or green hair and scantily-clothed lady wich generally come with big boobs :P Nothing wrong with that, just not what I'm looking for with Shinki! That's why currently only 3 Shinki interest me (Xiphos, Arnval and Strarf), and some Ex set who can become full figure if I get hold of some naked body. There's some newer stuff that look good, but I would like to get only the figure and not all the accessory (like Vespelio), so I would probably never get the since they're quite expensive!

With that said, my Arnval and Strarf are shipped, woot! More Shinki fun incoming B)

Skywave
Class C Shinki

Post by Skywave » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:22 pm

Oh oh, I got my package in the mail today :D

Opening up, as always it's nicely packed from HLJ :thumbsup:

And my second and third Sinki are here, woohou! :biggrin:

I'll try to open them up tonight, if not it'll be later this week. I'll post more pics when I do!

:xiphos: :strarf: :arnval:

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru
Shinkis owned: 12
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:34 am

I love the smell of new Shinkis!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:07 am

...You smell your Shinkis?

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:02 am

you dont?

:fortbragg:

HarukaYuki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 123
MMS owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fort Bragg

Post by HarukaYuki » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:50 am

I got these at Walmart for about 8 bucks each, very good when your collection starts getting big.. ><