The Nagaiisawa Collection: Morino's Shinki (V2)

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

M. Nagaiisawa
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Espadia

Re: The Nagaiisawa Collection: Morino's Shinki (V2)

Post by M. Nagaiisawa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:52 am

Image Image

Name: Nicole H. Grace
Personality: Energetic and good-natured, a genki-type girl who is also very kind and listens to the problems of others without judging them.
Notes: Hanon sees her as a rival in singing ability, but Nicole's too much of a good girl to even notice the subtext.

Last edited by M. Nagaiisawa on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing waiting for us beyond this life that is worth removing others from it for."
- Morino Nagaiisawa, Editor, Horobi no Michi

M. Nagaiisawa
MMS Naked

Post by M. Nagaiisawa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:55 am

Image Image

Name: Tschine Vespelio
Personality: Good-natured and happy go lucky, laughs a lot, even when it might not be appropriate...
Notes: Is friends with Mana, and often helps out with her pranks. She also likes Hanon and Nicole's singing and usually hangs around them when they practice.
"There is nothing waiting for us beyond this life that is worth removing others from it for."

M. Nagaiisawa
MMS Naked

Post by M. Nagaiisawa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:00 am

Image Image

Name: Arc Tsugaru
Personality: A cool-headed, big sister type. She's often all by herself, but willingly helps out when called upon.
Notes: She inherited Hirona's old body when Hirona upgraded. She's also the one person Mana and Tschine never attempt to prank, since she tends to pay them back for it with interest...

M. Nagaiisawa
MMS Naked

Post by M. Nagaiisawa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:04 am

Image Image

Name: Chamomille Partio (Mille)
Personality: Quiet like Arada, they get along well because of this. Likes to move around and is also very curious.
Notes: She has a familiar named Albert who claims to be a ferret-type like her. The others however, think he looks more like a cat than anything else...

Image Image

Mini-Bot
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 55
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio, Altrene

Post by Mini-Bot » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:47 am

Nice collection! Once again all of you Partio owners are making me want her even more. She's my favorite and I don't own her yet. :p
"He who cares for the opinions of others is lost." -Blackout

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Dakarriel » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 am

That's cute. I personally don't think it's that weird that you think of a personality and a name for your shinkis. I guess I still play with my toys, so I also invent personalities and names for mine, at least, my favorite three. Whenever a new shinki joins my favorites and/or I play with it for a bit, I start to get a feel for whatever personality and name emerges. I usually don't sit around and ponder it, when the mood strikes, I sort of just fiddle around and let the imagination flow, sort of bringing a personality out of whatever facial features, appearance, accessory, as well as the situation in whatever story is going on in my head that character can fit into and the personality that demands.

But then again, making stories has always been my bit. Between writing, drawing comics and gamemastering for RPGs, I'm always awash in little stories. Maybe that's why I still play with toys.

Or maybe it's just cuz the toys are fuckin' cool.

Besides, isn't the 'name' just a production model name? Like the model name of a car?

I guess I'll do a bit of a summary on mine. For my shinkis, the modular armor units are considered requisition/approval only; per use, like approval for super packs or armor in Macross. So, most of them don't wear armor most of the time, and have favorite weapons that are more hand weapons or small arms.

Eukrante - "Maya"
Favorite Weapons: Black Dragoon Sword, Compact Shotgun.
A more experienced shinki, as she was the first shinki to arrive (my birthday present, last year). Her body has been worn out once, and was replaced with an MMS naked body, with several of the same attachments. Reasonably serious though light-hearted, she ends up playing the foil to most of the other shinki's antics. Other shinkis tease her, but respect her experience. Since the rest of them usually can't figure out anything to do, they usually rely on her to come up with adventures. She loves her scarf, which doesn't keep her warm, but is considered a 'fashion accessory' and secretly is jealous of her other 'sisters' from Magic Market (Ianeira, Vespellio, Graffias) who all have bigger boobs than she does.

Vespellio - "Risa"
Favorite Weapons: Combat Shotgun, 2mm Assault Rifle.
Rediculous and with a low affinity for reality, Risa is a shinki that is, for lack of better wording, airheaded. She is reasonably intelligent, however, has very little bearing on what is going on. She is quirky, silly and naive, though she likes to joke and make fun of both Maya and A.I.L.E.E.N. For the longest time, she wore standard Vespellio equipment, but has recently become friends with a Harmony Grace unit and traded parts and accessories for some stylish long black gloves and top.

Strarf - "A.I.L.E.E.N."
Favorite Weapons: None.
The brains of the operation, A.I.L.E.E.N. (Artificially Intelligent Labor Enhancement Engineer Node) is a shinki who specializes in data collection, processing, and execution. Her hair pieces are actually additional solid-state storage devices that allow her to store three times the normal data allowed. She is able to access large portions of interconnected networks (though is not allowed on 4chan for fear of personality corruption). The fins on her back are actually massive heat dissipation devices, which allow her internal systems to run at much higher processing rates than normal shinkis. She does not personally partake in actual combat at all, and instead, directs automatons, including clones of herself in strarf bis armor. Unbeknown to most, she prefers a mostly unadorned naked MMS body because she enjoys observing reactions, impulse and probability, and nothing stimulates action quite like a naked woman. If asked about why she goes around naked she simply states 'I am a free spirit.'

and Forte is there just because it's cooler that way.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 am

Dakarriel wrote:Besides, isn't the 'name' just a production model name? Like the model name of a car?
Yeah, but it's traditional with various 'Pet Monster' type series that they get the same name as their main type.

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Dakarriel wrote:Besides, isn't the 'name' just a production model name? Like the model name of a car?
Sorta, but do you call your call Susan? Plus, in the case of Shinkis, their names usually fit their theme, like Multrimeter, who is a german tank and her name is groundhog if translated from german I think.

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Dakarriel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:10 am

meh, I suppose so. I don't really 'play' with my car though. I usually just use it to go from point a to point b and play some bitchin' music between points. I really do appreciate my car. i wonder what kind of personality it should have and what it's name shoudl be...

I guess I am weird.

PlasticWaifu
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Oorbellen

Post by PlasticWaifu » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Very nice collection. Especially jealous of Asuka.

As others have mentioned, I don't think it's weird to give them names or personalities. I name my girls (and call them "my girls" for that matter) and while I think the expressions they come with go some way to shaping how I view the personalities of each type, each one will have their own feel to their master.
Mini-Bot wrote:Nice collection! Once again all of you Partio owners are making me want her even more. She's my favorite and I don't own her yet. :p
Partio is just so photogenic. Maybe it's the eyes, I don't know but you need a Partio in your life.

:oneofus: