[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Alex's Shinkis & Customs ~ New Photos 8/31/14

Alex's Shinkis & Customs ~ New Photos 8/31/14

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: halconfenix, Deviant Anomaly

Alex's Shinkis & Customs ~ New Photos 8/31/14

Postby AlexG » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:36 am

Hi all,

I'm a pretty new member here and I recently got my first Shinki, Maochao! :oneofus:
I read some photocomics over on TFW2005 and couldn't resist Mao's cuteness. I've just got the one Shinki for now but I hope to get more if I can find them for a decent price which seems next to impossible nowadays.

Right now I've just got the cellphone camera and it's not likely that I'll be buying a better camera anytime soon so, sorry for the poor quality.

Mao: Yippee! new toy! new toy!

A few days after receiving Mao, it struck me that she, and any other future Shinkis, needed a motorcycle. So I headed to the nearest TRU and picked up this sports-bike from a cheap GI-joe toy, the cobra dude that it comes with is horribly small for the bike, but the bike is the perfect size for Shinkis! somewhere around 1:15 scale. Turns out these things are actually all over the place for around $10. the first thing i did was tare it apart and remove the pull-back motor and stupid missile launcher (hence a huge hole in the nose of the bike) and the silly looking windscreen. Then I decided the black and red color scheme had to go, attempted to spray paint white directly over the black (like an idiot) and failed miserably, so I painted everything gray and colored the seat black and there we are, a generic sports-bike for Mao to play with. I will definitely be repainting it yet again sometime in the future to have a color scheme similar to Mao's.

*gratuitous pervy shot*

i also had some spare Gundam arms laying around and they just happen to fit Mao's bicep pegs (with the help of some masking tape :P )

Mao: I found these... do you think they'll fit?

COME AT ME, BRO!

She seems to like them so much I might have to go out and buy her some Gundam armor :D

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed the pics!
Last edited by AlexG on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:41 am, edited 8 times in total.
AlexG
Class B Shinki

Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Re: AlexG's Shinkis (Pic Heavy)

Postby oOnyaOo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:05 am

Congrats on your first shinki! MaoChao's a lovely choice!
The bike really suits her!
oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki

Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby AlexG » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:26 am

AlexG
Class B Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby AlexG » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:01 am

Just a quick armor update,

I picked up a 1/144 HG Adele Diva colors recently and the legs are just made for shinkis! all I had to do was drill out a polycap to the right size for the thigh peg and presto! they fit well and provide a massive array of poseability, including many highly dynamic poses. no camera trickery here, every pose is 100% supported by the figure, no hidden stands or photoshop. Enjoy!

Mao defeats the Adele and steals it's legs!

Got a little Captain in you?
AlexG
Class B Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby oOnyaOo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:26 am

The legs look really good on her proportion wise! A lot nicer than the paw ones she comes with. Good job!
She looks like she can get up to a lot more mischief now. XD
oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki

Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Re: Alex's Shinkis & Customs

Postby AlexG » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:41 pm

AlexG
Class B Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby Caterwaul » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:19 am

Mao's a great shinki, I just wish her upper armor had more pose ability in the arms.
Caterwaul
News Reporter

Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby AlexG » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:56 am

Finally got my Strarf MkII last Friday, sadly haven't done a photo shoot yet so no new pics of her, but i must say the MMS 3rds really are considerably more poseable than the firsts and generally look a bit better although i think i prefer the MMS 1st style elbows and arms (not the spacers, mind you) over the slightly bent looking MMS 3rds.
anyways! when i opened her up i discovered a complete lack of hand guns, and thus decided to remedy the problem...through CAD and shapeways!
after about 6 hours worth of modeling this is what i have come up with:

The Cylinder (highlighted piece) is given clearance all around and a shaft with clearance such that, if printed properly, the cylinder will spin! although at shinki scale there is very little chance the parts will stay separated...

i am currently waiting on the first prints from shapeways, should be here around April 12th or 13th.
If anyone is interested in buying a set of these i'd be happy to make it for sale once I get any bugs worked out. a set of 4 revolvers at shinki scale in Frosted ultra detail is like $7.50 +shipping. i'd also be happy to change the scale if you've got a different toy in mind, however best to only go larger.

i'm also open to suggestions as to what i should model next, so give me some ideas! and it's not limited to only weapons either.

Cheers!
Last edited by AlexG on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexG
Class B Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby AlexG » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:23 pm

AH-HA!!!!

Time for Strarf's first photoshoot! :headbang:
I've had her for a few weeks now, but never had a chance to get any good photos till now. I absolutely love her! she is awesome, although she can never match Mao in the 'inherent cuteness' department. Now, I don't usually name my Shinkis, but for some reason the name 'Strarf' just doesn't work for me... but I can't think of any shortenings or names I like that fit with her being a Shinki (trying to avoid generic human girl names like Jeniffer and Katie) and the personality I imagine she has. I'd love to hear some suggestions people might have for me! Otherwise I might end up calling her 'Hina'...and no one wants that lol

In other news, the little crappy pieces of furniture I made for Mao have become obsolete! and with more girls on the way in the near future I decided it was time to upgrade to a full size couch! It should be able to seat four Shinkis relatively comfortably, five if they wanna squeeze together. Again, made from packing foam and again un-upholstered...I may get some kind of upholstery/fabric paint and attempt to give it a skin but it's unlikely.

Mao's Furniture Fort!

and now for a little bit of photo comicry! courtesy of MS paint :lol:

Well hey, I'm no Art or Lit major, so what'd you expect? :biggrin:
AlexG
Class B Shinki

Favorite MMS/Shinki:

Postby RokuShinkiMaster » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:57 am

LOL! poor mao. ^_^;
Such Cute Pictures! :thumbsup: