Heckfire's Shinkis

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

Heckfire
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 24
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Do I HAVE to choose?

Re: Heckfire's Shinkis

Post by Heckfire » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:37 am

Stanisburgh wrote:Take the screws out and let them soak in vinegar for a night or two, see if the rust will come off.

Otherwise, there are aftermarket screws available on YJA right now from here:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... w116539312

You will need a middleman like noppin or fromjapan, however.

Plus side is that they're quite nicer than the stock screws and of sharper detail.
Well, I know I will at least need to replace two of them, but I'll try your method for the others. I'm...still kinda new to the world of high-end Japanese plastic, so how would I use a middleman in this instance?

Meantime, a few more pics, starting with my son's pair:
When he discovered that the Sonic Screwdriver from the Tenth Doctor figure he got for Christmas fit in MaoChao's hand, he decided that THAT would be her personality...thus was born DOCTOR MAO (Oooeeeooooo-weeeyooooooo...dundunDUN-dadundadunnnn...). Pomock, of course, thinks this is the BEST game in the WORLD...
...when she's not doing her "Companion" duty and trying to keep Mao safe.
"Are you my Mummy..?"
...apparently not. The Drossels are a protective lot.
Meanwhile, I can't stop taking pics of Kitsu...I SWEAR I'll get to my four new "jewels" soon, I'm just distressingly taken by how photogenic she is. No wonder she's normally so hard to find...and that Blank I got being a perfect match for her skin color was just a major coup.
Even Karasu is warming up to her predecessor's eccentricities, which is a relief for me...after the way I neglected them last year, I'm trying to make sure this make-shift society I have in my living room stays happy and sane.
Of course, Kitsu still insists that "Modesty is a HUMAN concept Shinkis have no time or use for." Razz says she agrees, but then again last month I found her running around the apartment shouting "I AM THE EGGMAN! I AM THE WALRUS!" minus her chestplate with Alice's undies on her head. I think Howling has her work cut out for her...
"Grab a shovel-I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." -Bender
"I'm a triceratops balancing on a daisy with spinning wheels, baby!" -Dexter

=^.^= ~~>

Heckfire
Class A Shinki

Post by Heckfire » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:53 am

I SWEAR I'll stop taking pictures of Kitsu...eventually...

Now, these ones are...possibly questionable. On one hand, they're technically a tastefully nude set...on the other, they're a tastefully nude set involving an action figure with no, well, "naked bits." Still, if these pose a problem, I will take them down:

Plus a bonus accidental one when the flash malfunctioned that I thought looked "artsy":
Strange place to find a muse, I suppose, in a tiny piece of Japanese plastic, but I'm not gonna complain.

=^.^= ~~>

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:02 am

Great pics!

I honestly don't think your latest batch of photos are in anyway questionable. In fact, I love the photos... especially that last one. <3

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Heckfire wrote:
Stanisburgh wrote:Take the screws out and let them soak in vinegar for a night or two, see if the rust will come off.

Otherwise, there are aftermarket screws available on YJA right now from here:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... w116539312

You will need a middleman like noppin or fromjapan, however.

Plus side is that they're quite nicer than the stock screws and of sharper detail.
Well, I know I will at least need to replace two of them, but I'll try your method for the others. I'm...still kinda new to the world of high-end Japanese plastic, so how would I use a middleman in this instance?
http://www.noppin.com

Read up on them on their site. There's a guide there too.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Actually, the latest batch IS artistic enough in my opinion, but could have been made better by either having taken the pic outside, or inside but with a lightbox.

Heckfire
Class A Shinki

Post by Heckfire » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Shikaze wrote:Actually, the latest batch IS artistic enough in my opinion, but could have been made better by either having taken the pic outside, or inside but with a lightbox.
Yeah, I know, but like I commented on another thread this town is pretty rural and I get enough sidewise glances from being someone who works graveyard shift (and doesn't drink, hunt, or own livestock...) as is, so outside shoots, especially of this nature, are not likely. This is why all of my Shinki pics have been on or around my old eMachine tower in the living room, although I'm gonna be doing some early spring cleaning this week so that should open up a few more settings here. I HAVE been sounding out my co-workers, though, to see if maybe I'm being over-cautious...still better safe and all (although, since I'm totally unsupervised during my shift, maybe I can snap some shots in the back office or lobby...nothing NSFW, obviously, but maybe some comic fodder).

As for the lightbox, I hadn't seriously considered it before since it seemed like a "pro" thing, but the shelf I recently moved the girls to WOULD make an excellent staging area, and the white painted "walls, ceiling, and floor" of it would lend themselves nicely to a better lighting setup...I'll look into it.

Honestly, most of the Kitsu pics I've been taking with and without the flash: the ones with the flash on are a bit sharper, but I kinda prefer the softer light of the non-flash ones. Here's a quick comparison:
Side note: that Shimakaze body pillow keychain is turning out to be the best $6 I've spent in a while.
Stanisburgh wrote: http://www.noppin.com

Read up on them on their site. There's a guide there too.
Thank you, this looks like it'll be VERY useful!

=^.^= ~~>

Kirie
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0

Post by Kirie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Aaaah! You have the naked body.
Their price are really inflated a lot -_-

You could try desk lamp or those portable LED emergency lamp and hang a t-shirt in front of it as diffuser if you need to brighten the desktop.
As for outside, since you are in rural area, wouldn't there be countryside places like plains or forest and creeks that not many peoples pass through ?
:)

The one when the flash malfunctioned looks good with the mood.

BTW, where does this base came from ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... nnvue7.jpg

Heckfire
Class A Shinki

Post by Heckfire » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:07 am

Kirie wrote:Aaaah! You have the naked body.
Their price are really inflated a lot -_-

You could try desk lamp or those portable LED emergency lamp and hang a t-shirt in front of it as diffuser if you need to brighten the desktop.
As for outside, since you are in rural area, wouldn't there be countryside places like plains or forest and creeks that not many peoples pass through ?
:)

The one when the flash malfunctioned looks good with the mood.

BTW, where does this base came from ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... nnvue7.jpg
The stand is just the normal one that comes with Light Armor MMS 3rds, just with the joint plugged directly into the base. I'm slightly embarrassed I didn't think of it first, but my son has a knack with that kinda stuff; he typically is able to figure out new Transformers without using the instructions, and I always let him have first crack at assembling new Shinkis' armors (especially after I wrecked poor Violet's VicViper).

As for the Naked...yeah, it was more than Howling, but still cheaper than most of them are. I just got it because I was ordering something really cheap from the same store and felt the need to justify the hefty shipping cost with something else. My original plan was to get it, then spring for Shmetterling later (Razz's band needs a lead singer, after all), only it turned out it was the wrong skin color. It IS a match for most of the other EX sets, though, but I'm (guiltily) enjoying its current usage...

I'll give your lighting suggestion a try; I have an old desk lamp packed away here, all it needs is a new bulb.

EDIT: OK, now I'm in a bit of a technical mood, so I wanna show off a little:
I was reluctant to show this pic mainly because it shows off more of my messy apartment, but I'm legit pleased with how little of Kitsu's wing rig you can see despite it being a back shot. The wings normally plug into the the back of Mizuki Type 1's vest top (seen a couple posts back), but the plastic is so soft that they fall off really easily and don't pose very well. Fortunately, the Blank comes with the standard back piece for connecting to Shinki stands, but molded in the same color as the skin. The stiffer plastic holds the wing posts MUCH tighter, which is how I was able to pose them, plus in the muted "no flash" light it doesn't stand out as much...you can only barely make out the top and bottom in this pic. The downside is that her ponytail won't fit behind her with it on, so I have to keep her head turned to the side.

...yeah, I have several pics that, though "tasteful," I haven't posted here. I'm trying to keep to the board's generally PG-13 rating, after all, though I may post them to my Tumblr.

=^.^= ~~>

Heckfire
Class A Shinki

Post by Heckfire » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:25 am

...lest it be forgotten that Kitsu IS a ninja, here's a quick shot of the Mizukis in battle mode:
Also, another older pic I found in the camera's memory of my original three girls, plus my son's Samus and my Xevos FrankenPunker, having a family moment together...Frank is rhythm guitar and backing groans. Not much of a conversationalist, though.

=^.^= ~~>

Heckfire
Class A Shinki

Post by Heckfire » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:55 pm

So, it's been busy as the semester winds down, but I managed to find some time to finally clear off a couple of shelves for my Shinkis, one for "living space" and one for "studio space." Here, we have Razz for size and light comparison...it's a decent size space, although I'll probably have to keep most of their armors and weapons in their boxes when not in use.
...of course, Razz also had to check out one of the higher shelves once she heard there was something called a "Hellboy" up there. This shelf is just my "Oddities" shelf, full of stuff I've picked up here and there from comic conventions, for props, or just on a whim...and, yes, that IS a Playskool "Ark of The Covenant" with adorable Nazi-melting "Wrath of God" ghost on the far right there.

I also learned I should never visit Mandarake when I've only had four hours of sleep in a 72-hour period...
Plus side, I now have a second Blank, this time a MMS3rd Small whose skin tone matches both Ines and Razz (and effectively gives me TWO Ines-es...Ines's...Inii..?). Downside, I am now eating frozen bulk burritos and ramen for the rest of the month...

...I swear, I need to actually start WINNING some of those Piconeemo clothing auctions before one of these girls catches a cold.

=^.^= ~~>