Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Re: Mobius's Shinki Adventures

Post by Zenislez » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:55 am

Very nice result there. Can see your hardwork for your girls.

And while it's too bad for reborns but eh. I prefer arnval to guide humanity rather than Ribbons Almarck.......at least until she goes yandere.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Post by Mobius » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:46 am

Zenislez wrote:Very nice result there. Can see your hardwork for your girls.

And while it's too bad for reborns but eh. I prefer arnval to guide humanity rather than Ribbons Almarck.......at least until she goes yandere.
LOL that joke has already been made - and though I don't mind the occasional bout of meglomania, I might have to give Charlotte or Natsume 00 Raiser to balance the playing field. Though in that case, I would've just made my room grounds for a re-enactment of the final battle. Great :)

Edit: And speak of the devil - or well, the buttefly - look who came to wake me up today!
Natsume - Magical Girl Schmetterling!.jpg
Masteeeeeer! Masteeeeeeeer, wake uuuup! You'll be late to... um... what was it that you do again?
Apparently hearing the postman outside, Natsume couldn't wait to get her new EX Set on and show me it, even though I still have to put the final touches of paint on her. I suspect the Arnval sisters went out of their way to help her with the equipment, which tells me that they CAN put their differences aside. Looks like I'll be counting on Magical Girl Schmetterling to keep those two from getting out of control.

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Guys? I am now scared for my life. Charlotte discovered the back of the head of Natsume's mascot has a radioactive symbol on it. She then got this strange idea and then made a backpack for Natsume so she'd feel more welcomed back into the fold.

This is not funny guys. She was supposed to be the cute girl that was the voice of reason and to help me calm down the other two. Now she has THIS.
Natsume wth Neutron Launcher.jpg
Natsume... have you been going through and reading Five Star Stories?
Natsume - Neutron Launcher Rear View.jpg
W-wait, you mean its NUCLEAR?!
Natsume - Neutron Launcher Deployed.jpg
For the love of god, please use these things outside and DON'T. MISS.

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:05 am

inb4 Dual Buster Rifle- Oh, wait. Too late for that...

*Puts 「Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion」 into his mp3 player.*

Now, your best bet is to find someone who can deploy a stasis field.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:23 pm

Adventwings wrote:inb4 Dual Buster Rifle- Oh, wait. Too late for that...

*Puts 「Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion」 into his mp3 player.*

Now, your best bet is to find someone who can deploy a stasis field.
And I still have the Freedom Gundam overlooking everything... wait, stasis field? *runs through list of characters I know have stasis fields* Quick! To the internets to buy a Commander Shepard! Or a Nu Gundam. That'd work too.

Meanwhile, all I have is Lynette with the knockoff - though I finally got some superglue, which means Lynette can finally stand on her own and not lose her limbs in a single shake. I did have to do a bit of modification to the arms - rather remove a piece. The left elbow 'joint' snapped when I was trying to glue it, so much for that. At least the polycap works equally well.

Now all I have to do is paint her new parts to cover the nubs. Debating using some orange as well, though I do like how the yellow matches her hair. Thoughts?
Reborns Lynette Reinforced.jpg
Andto try and get her arms a bit more proportionate, I gave her the biceps and shoulder armor from Reborns as well. It can thankfully rotate and go down as well, so posing is no issue.
Reborns Lynette w Shoulder Armor.jpg

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:14 pm

After some convoluted events involving device drivers, SD cards, nails and dying screwdrivers, I finally managed to make a pose of all the figures/kits I have that qualify as somewhat intact.
Family Photo - 8.13.2013.JPG
From far left: Gundam AGE-2, Freedom Gundam, "Gundam" Murasame, Lynette, Natsume, Byarlant Custom, Charlotte. Find it rather amusing that it's the Shinkis that seem to be bigger than the Master Grades.

The backdrop is made from my little work platform that I'd intended to make into a diorama for the Shinkis for a while now, but only got to it today, using cloth to cover up the wood. Right now it's being held together by super glue, a nail, and prayer.

Thinking of starting to use my Deviantart to hold the photos so I can get away from the three-upload limitation, and I'm also looking towards getting a more permanent solution to my camera issue.

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm

Forgive me for posting repeatedly but some more things happened today. First, my ethernet cable died on me outright. I had to hike about five miles in blistering humid weather to go pick up a new cord (and apparently have the family dog start chewing through it immediately >>). And apparently, despite me telling them NOT TO, Charlotte and Natsume hitched a ride.
Charlotte and Natsume - Hitching a Ride, Economy.JPG
Natsume: Is the coast clear?
Me: ...
Charlotte: ...OH CRAP.
But before I could discipline them when I got back home, Charlotte instantly found the present that I'd ordered for her. I feel sorry for the poor sap - Hresvelgr didn't even have a chance to wake up before Charlotte started chowing down and gutting him for parts.
Charlotte - The Cannibalism Begins!.JPG
[size=150]Thank [b]GOD[/b] this isn't Toy Story.[/size]
And after five hours, learning about decals and finding that I'm a long ways off from even being decent at waterslides... Charlotte has been satisfied with her new equips and I'm honestly goddamn impressed. Still a beginner's work, but it doesn't stop us from being proud. We now present Charlotte's NGS-X0 'Hresvelgr Zero' setup.
NGS-X0 Charlotte Hresvelgr.JPG
It may be clusterhell - but she can use every goddamn thing on her. Provoke at your own peril, girls.

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:56 am

Nice progress. I still have a gundam lying around in pieces because mine got him before I did.. :eek:
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:01 am

I'm liking your customs' progress :thumbsup: ... any plans for repainting?

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:45 pm

@Holister: Tell me about it. It's like nowadays, I'm buying Gunpla and models more for the girls than for me >>

@ZeroEdge: Actually, that's what I'm working on today. Hresvelgr's off-white is just too plain on its own. I suck at decals - I'm probably going to try and use them, paint instead if they break, and order new decals for it. Doing detail panel work on the shoulder engines and the storage points for the Beryl Smashers.

Finally, I'm wanting to get a deeper blue on them, so I'm in the middle of painting the clear blue parts with a 5:2:1 ratio of Tamiya Clear Blue, Blue, and Chrome Silver. It's coming out really nice (an ocean-ish blue), but I lament that I don't have a high quality large brush for the scythe blades.

Might do a LITTLE yellow/gold mix for accent work, but Charlotte's primary colors are white and blue.