Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Mobius's Shinki Adventures

Post by halconfenix » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 pm

congrats on arnval tranche! she's awesome.... i did the upgrade thing as well long time ago... and my arnie is now the happy owner of the BIGGEST (even by now) GUNS in the whole shinki line... :D

i'm glad that yours just did the same! :biggrin:

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Post by Mobius » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:49 am

halconfenix wrote:congrats on arnval tranche! she's awesome.... i did the upgrade thing as well long time ago... and my arnie is now the happy owner of the BIGGEST (even by now) GUNS in the whole shinki line... :D

i'm glad that yours just did the same! :biggrin:
Thanks for that, she wasn't about to let herself stay the old model. She's agreed on letting the Mk. II (if and when I get her) to be a little sister though. Personally I think it's because her new model has a slight height bonus on the other girls. It's a wonder what messy bangs, a ponytail, and exchangeable faces can do, let alone the armor. : D

As for big guns, she tried to steal my MG Wing Zero's Buster Rifles, to little avail - her arms and hands are juuuust too small to hold either of them properly without extensive damage or modification. Right now, I'm glad she's happy to stick to all the accessories she has for now.

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Well it's been a long time since I last posted here, life and all that jazz. But while on my hiatus, a few things happened.

1: Howling couldn't hack it with her injuries and thus we put her in sleep mode until I can get something for her.

2: Charlotte's little sister finally came in the mail - an Arnval Mk.2 dubbed Lynette. Lynette wanted to be friendly to everyone, but Charlotte was... rather jealous to say the least of the new addition. After about the third dogfight, I had to scold them - hopefully I didn't take it too far.

3: Deciding that they were due for a couple gifts, I got Charlotte and Lynette gifts - after realizing my MG Wing Zero was just sitting there, I decided to put its backpack and weapons to better use, giving it to Charlotte:
Charlotte initial equip.jpg
Magnets are my new best friend.
And not to be left out, I decided that with having a full space free on her backpack, Lynette could make better use of the Reborns Gundam than her sister could.
Lynette Reborns Complete.jpg
This is the Shinki that will guide humanity!
And Natsume, my Juvisy isn't forgotten either - since I kinda wrecked her equipment through a series of unfortunate events, I decided to get her an EX Set and a complete overhaul; specifically converting her to a Schmetterling, coming sometime this week.

I'm back! (And still with the same crappy camera, forgive me...)

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Yay your back. :headbang:

I was hoping you hadn't died or stopped playing with toys..lol.

Nice job with the custom stuff as usual.
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Haha, nothing can kill me! I am imm-*gacked*

Nah, thanks for the welcome back; just ordered some superglue to see if that'll get me better results than say model glue - Lynette's joints just don't hold. Makes it a pain to pose but she enjoys being taller than her sister.

All I need now is a Tempesta :)

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Mobius wrote:Haha, nothing can kill me! I am imm-*gacked*

Nah, thanks for the welcome back; just ordered some superglue to see if that'll get me better results than say model glue - Lynette's joints just don't hold. Makes it a pain to pose but she enjoys being taller than her sister.

All I need now is a Tempesta :)
I scored one about a month ago.. There is one for a decent price on Ebay right now if I remember correctly.

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:31 pm

*snrk* And knowing my luck, she has one of those automatic bidders or something - not to mention I'm flat broke after all this. Maybe sometime down the road. But once I get her, I will be content with an Arnval collection :D

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Mobius wrote:*snrk* And knowing my luck, she has one of those automatic bidders or something - not to mention I'm flat broke after all this. Maybe sometime down the road. But once I get her, I will be content with an Arnval collection :D
Well, I'll keep my eyes open. :headbang:

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Neat!
Question: did you mod the Reborns Gundam parts at all, or did you just put them on Lynette as-is?

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 pm

@Holister: Thanks man, maybe I'll luck out like I did with Lynette
rubixbox wrote:Neat!
Question: did you mod the Reborns Gundam parts at all, or did you just put them on Lynette as-is?
To some I had to - I'll get pics up later. The arms are fine, just build from the elbow joint itself down and you're golden. The legs were a bit tricky - I tried to hollow them out to use them as boots, but Reborns's legs are just too thin to do that with. I wound up having to gut out the tops of the thighs and pack them in with clay and use that as the socket for Lynette's thighs (this adds about a inch of height.)
Photo-0094A.jpg
Right Leg, Top View - note how the top has been carved out for clay, which the thigh peg pressed into.
The backpack... ooh boy. Reborns's backpack is strange in that it's not -actually- a backpack ala the original Gundam or even Sinanju - each 'wing' and the Reborns Cannon head + the center thruster each link into the back by a different joint. As such, I had to gut out and destroy over half the back and fill that with clay too to make flush with Lynette's back brace/platform.
Photo-0092A.jpg
Though sanded, you can see where all the clay has been added to give the back a relatively 'flat surface to fit onto the back plate.
I originally tried to glue a connector peg into the backpack and take it in and out of the back as need be, but the grip on the back brace is too strong. I wound up using the lower two and plugging two bars on them, using them as support beams to hang the backpack on. Loose, but it'll hold until I get epoxy puddy.
Photo-0091A.jpg
The end result and the stopgap until I can get better materials for the Reborns - two peg holes for connector bars to enter and support.
EDIT: Took the pictures - arm needs rather little explination, though the other two may need visual aid. I apologize for the crappy pictures.