Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

Sequinox
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Re: Zenislez's Housemate

Post by Sequinox » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Shikaze wrote:1/144 HG gunpla is usually the best fit for limbs. For weapons, I found that you can also use the 1/100 Frame Arms kits from Kotobukiya.
And from what I'm seeing here, Zeni used blu tack to keep the limb together. Another solution, but more final, is to use putty/green stuff to wield the parts together.
Awesome, thanks! ^_^ Hopefully I'll be able to identify the different parts better as I start seeing them more. It's funny because I never was really into mecca at all until I got into Shinkis. So I have a lot to learn. o_o
FLICKR // DEVIANTART // [url=htp://figurestorm.wordpress.com/]BLOG[/url] // TUMBLR

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:00 am

Thx Sequinox.

And yes, just like Shikaze said, 1/144 HG Gunpla fits for limbs (leg armor, arm armor) and back armor if you can thinker a bit with their backpack. The same with weapons and Shikaze said, 1/100 Kotobukiya Frame Arms also fit well.

To be honest the reason I mod them is to protect their fragile hands. But yeah, it ends up much more. Do note that you should pay attention to how the arms and legs socket design. Some of them already have holes and you just need to stuff/widen the hole to make it fit. Some models have different joints and may need some drilling in order to fit for shinkis.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Love Anastasia's armor configuration. Love that black and gold combination! <3

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Okay been a long time since my last update. I have three things bugging me hence why I haven't updated for a long time.

1. My mother was admitted to the Hospital because of Meningitis 2 months ago. Shortly after my last update. She was treated in the hospital for a month and last month she was discharged from the hospital. But things aren't looking good. My mother, while physically no problem, mentally, she still can't focus and differentiate between past memories and current timeline. Only can pray she will get better soon.

2. Myself currently struggling with my own condition. Been sick for the last three weeks due to ehaustion and fatique.

3. Imgur has been banned by my provider. And since the majority of my pics over there, yeah....
Fortunately, I still have all the original pic. Just lazy to upload one by one again. Anyway, I'm using Majhost now.

So yeah, first updates since a long time.

Tear's revised armor, currently she is in the middle of initializing and...

Such an eager Eagle isn't she? Anyway,

Fly, My pretty Eagle. FLY!
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:46 am

Lovely shots, as always. She looks awesome!
I hope everything calms down for you and your mom. <=C
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Tear's new armor configuration looks amazing.

And I hope you and your mom feel better soon.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Nice use of the Wing Zero EW wings! I've never been a fan of those as normal-style wings, given how they're arranged, but by turning them into a set of distinct maneuvering surfaces works a lot better. I also like how you used the leg armor on the engines.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 am

It's fun to see how much people like to add wings, thrusters and the likes to Raptias ^^

Zenislez
Class S Shinki

Post by Zenislez » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:30 am

oOnyaOo wrote:Lovely shots, as always. She looks awesome!
I hope everything calms down for you and your mom. <=C
TRANS+CRAZY wrote:Tear's new armor configuration looks amazing.

And I hope you and your mom feel better soon.
Thank you, both of you. I also hope my mom condition will get better too. She is the only one in my family who openly accepted my girls in the family.
Klinkin wrote:Nice use of the Wing Zero EW wings! I've never been a fan of those as normal-style wings, given how they're arranged, but by turning them into a set of distinct maneuvering surfaces works a lot better. I also like how you used the leg armor on the engines.
Thanks Klin. And yeah, while a lot of people like to upgrade, one thing that a lot of people keep forgetting is how to protect the Engine.
I put the armor there to provide better protection for her since unlike Erica who has multiple Engine and can still flight even if some of them shot, Tear only has two (but powerful) engine.
Shikaze wrote:It's fun to see how much people like to add wings, thrusters and the likes to Raptias ^^
It's obvious Shik. Raptias is a high speed and high maneuverbility shinki and even plainly stated that her body is configured for High-G combat. So of course.

Besides, she's an Eagle yet she doesn't have wings. It's justify to give her wings :P
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

StealthCoffeePot
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9

Post by StealthCoffeePot » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:32 am

Been away from here for quite a while, just.....have had a lot on my mind..........

Anyway, Tear's new config looks great. Not really a fan of Raptias, and never thought of anything from the wing gundam (any variant) as particularly useful for shinki mods, but what you did there with it looks great.