Blade's shinkis and other random toys/figures/models

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Re: Blade's shinkis and other random toys/figures/models

Post by rubixbox » Thu May 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Interesting....oddly enough, it sounds like my other comic series (Same basic premise of "Characters can't die, war for power played for laughs"). Still, I'll look out for it.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Thu May 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Oh no, it's not that characters can't die, it's just very very very very uncommon. Transmetal Megatron gets along fine without a head and missing an arm, but Gold Frame died in a freak curry accident. (And yes, that is simply an explanation for why he won't show up, cause I don't have the model and only intend on getting it if they make an hg version.) Also, glad to hear you'll keep an eye out! Where's your comic?

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Well, I FINALLY uploaded the pics to photobucket. This will be three posts to make it slightly easier to navigate and because the format of the post page makes writing long posts really annoying due to it automatically scrolling to the top. The first post: My first (Real) attempts at paneling Gundam models! These were some of my first models and I'm really hoping for commentary as to the quality of my paneling work. Just remember, this was my first time paneling (For real, I did a bit of practice with a normal pen on my 1/100th scale Blue Frame 2nd L before I got my Gundam marker and started on these.) so keep that in mind, along with the fact that these were made when I just started modeling, so they're not in the best shape.
Here they are!
Image Let's start off with what, if I remember correctly, is the second Gundam Model I ever made, back when I twisted the parts off the runners instead of clipping them, the Gundam Aesculapius!
ImageRear view!
ImageHead! That v-fin's been broken for a while.
ImageSide view of the head!
ImageTorso!
ImagePaneling the inside of these was a pain, I had to take the leg apart.
ImageSecond mode! I don't know what it's called! I'm really proud of the way I panneled the shadow for the creases in the arms.
ImageOne of the problems with this guy is that some of the pegs have snapped off and there are a lot of loose joints, poor guy.
ImageThe other mode's face!
ImageThe rear skirt!
ImageThe claw! (Sorry for the picture quality)
ImageI only realized that I had forgotten to panel this part while I was taking photos. Oops....
ImageLastly, the alternate backpack, I don't know what it's for! Although you can't see it well in the photos, the paneling makes this part look oddly two dimensional.... it's a really weird effect.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Part 2! The Exia! Forgot to put the box behind it in these photos, eheh. Yeah, it's missing a piece, and the beam sabers and daggers broke off. And its right arm falls off.....
ImageHere it is!
Image A bit of a closer look at it. I'm not so happy with how the paneling for the head and face turned out....
ImageA bit of an angled rear view.
ImageAnd now for a straight up rear shot!
ImageThere was this one part of the legs that was a pain, because you'd panel it and then realize that the part moved in a way that brought your marks into the open whenever the leg bent and made them inaccurate! So I had to wipe off the marker as best as I could. And it happened again on the other leg...
ImageAnother view.
ImageYet another! And the other side of the leg to boot. (No pun intended.)
ImageIt was annoying making those lines the light is reflecting off of in this pic.
ImageThe bottom of the feet.
ImageThe arm!
ImageThe shield!
ImageThe sabers!
ImageThe exia's long and short blades!
I could have sworn I had taken more pics of these, oh well.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Lastly, here are my girls trying out some weapons from other stuff I have!
Here they are!

ImageFirst up is Howling! I forgot to put her box up behind her, sorry Howling!
ImageIt's kind of sad that Graham's Union Flag Custom's saber fits a shinki's hand infinitely better than the model's. It really is a perfect fit!
ImageThe Astray Frame Handguns!

Next up is Maochao! This is her favorite weapon! She can cause some real damage with it, trust me.
ImageThe sisters team up do display more Astray Frame weapons!
ImageThe Throne Drei's sword is a bit too big for her...

Image Here's Proxy with the GN blades! Sadly, the GN sword and GN Sword III didn't fit right.
ImageHere she is with the Strike Noir's sword and beam rifle! Those guns work very well with shinkis!

Last but not least, here's Mary doing her best impersonation of the Gundam Deathscythe Hell Custom! I think I stretched her hand a bit putting the scythe in it, the poor thing....

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:51 am

Where did you get Gundam Aesculapius? I only found Gripe at BBTS...
I think that I should post my gundams too

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:54 am

I love the second last shot. She looks badass! XD
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:12 am

Thank you! You have no idea how happy she is to hear that! Now I just need to figure out how to make her a little 1/12th scale SARS mask and pipe/tire iron and she'll be the Yankee (Japanese definition, not American definition, go Red Sox!) that she's always been inside! Any advice on making these would be appreciated! I was thinking I could maybe use a sprue from one of the runners to one of my old gundam models for the pipe/tire iron.

I got Aesculapius about two or three years ago, it was technically the first Gundam model I ever got. I got it along with Deathscythe Hell Custom and Hygogg, all HG, so I have three first Gundam models. They were a gift. If I remember, I built the Hygogg first, then the Aesculapius, then Deathscythe. On different days that is. So far, Aesculapius is kinda falling apart, Hygogg lost a thumb and deathscythe is doing pretty well for himself (Excluding the tip of one of the red parts for his wings which broke off while I was building him, but I still have it and intend to mend it eventually!) having only lost a couple of stickers, he's even gained a kickass cape courtesy of Vezon!

So, which gundam model should I panel next? Should I finish the 1/100th Astray Blue Frame 2nd L? Or should I work on the Throne Drei or Graham's Union Flag Custom? (These are all ones that have a broken or missing part.) I don't feel comfortable working with paints just yet, so I'm just practicing my Paneling for now. Perhaps you guys would rather I try the HG Srike Noir Gundam? (Poor guy has loose shoulders, should look into topcoating them.)

Edit: you know, I think the Dynames could use a bit of love as well!
So, the Gundam I panel next will either be the (No grade) Astray Blue frame 2nd L (Crap shape) (The rest are high grade) Throne Drei (Back of one hand is missing), Weeaboo's Union Flag Custom (One wrist is missing), The Strike Noir (Loose shoulders) or the Dynames (Cause I feel like putting him in the running.) Please help me decide!

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:31 am

Oh she'll look awesome as a yankee! As for advice, the mask is gunna slip and slide off her head if you just make it like a normal one scaled down, I'd advice you do make it so you could attach it under her hair/behind her face plate so it's basically held in place. That would be the most convenient way. As for making it it should be easy with thin elastic and nice white material. Depending on what shape you want you just need to improvise a pattern or use this to shape it http://www.ehow.com/how_4516943_make-su ... masks.html Then you can sew it over the thread or use some really good glue. I actually made a 'medical mask' a few years ago for a cousin's bear so it's not too hard.

As for the pipe maybe thin cocktail straws painted with metallic paint (and you can use heat to bend the top) You can add to it to build up the 'joint's and such with more straws (just cut them up)
I think that way it'll be in scale and light enough for it not to effect the posing (though these figures stand like rocks! XD)
Cant wait to see what you come up with!
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:47 am

blade_anime wrote: Edit: you know, I think the Dynames could use a bit of love as well!
So, the Gundam I panel next will either be the (No grade) Astray Blue frame 2nd L (Crap shape) (The rest are high grade) Throne Drei (Back of one hand is missing), Weeaboo's Union Flag Custom (One wrist is missing), The Strike Noir (Loose shoulders) or the Dynames (Cause I feel like putting him in the running.) Please help me decide!
I give my vote for Astray BF 2L and Strike Noir