Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Blade's shinkis and other random toys/figures/models

Post by blade_anime » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Well, I finally took a photo of my shinkis. However, I really have almost no clue how to properly work a camera, and I wasn't using a tripod, so I apologize if the quality isn't that good.

That cat thing.... I forget its name but the reason that its whiskers are damaged is that I got it second hand. I wonder if anybody can recognize ALL the manga on the shelf? It's less than a third of my collection of course. As you can see, I have trouble keeping it all neatly on the shelves. I just love how Mary's skirt can work so well as a chair. Even if it makes her look more like a mad scientist than the shy girl she is. I hope to have more pictures here soon, perhaps of my Astray Frames. I love those guys. If you could give me some tips on how to use the camera, that would be great, as it would get me that much closer to making the photocomic I won't shut up about.

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Re: Blade's shinkis and other random toys/figures/models

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:08 pm

im abit iffy on how Maryceles is sitting really

but good to see your stuff :D
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:40 pm

It looks better in person. Presently, she's riding on the back of her sister's armor.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:06 pm

blade_anime wrote: That cat thing.... I forget its name
That's Ryo-ohki from Tenchi Muyo!.
blade_anime wrote:However, I really have almost no clue how to properly work a camera, and I wasn't using a tripod, so I apologize if the quality isn't that good.
At least your camera has good focus and takes clear shots, mine just sucks... (fixed focus, macro's the only thing working well, but is better than nothing I guess...). Just remember to utilize the camera's pre-focus feature to take good shots, and the macro for close-ups. Also, keep in mind lighting, and do get a tripod, cause that'll help a lot (will get mine when I get a new camera). I read some tips in the boards, just forgot exactly where :P

Sgt. Frog reminded me of a silly scene in Lucky Star;
Kagami: How did it make you feel while reading it?
Konata: I laughed!
Tsukasa: I cried...
Kagami: ... what's your favorite manga?
Konata & Tsukasa: Keroro-Gunso!
Kagami: ....

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Thanks for the tips! But I have a tripod, I just find it annoying to use it. Stupid, I know. Aaaaanyways, here are some more pics, this time it's not just my shinkis! I was going to take more, but these took WAY longer than I expected. Also, I apologize for the bland backgrounds, especially compared to my first pic, hopefully the future ones will be better in that regard.

Anybody who's seen the series should know why they're posed this way. I actually took a shot with better lighting, but I thought that this one looked better considering the pose.

Here's Chosokabe with his forces! They're totally gay for him, but he has absolutely no clue. He's a pretty fun guy though. He's on bad terms with Mori seeing as Mori tore off one of his sleeves. Speaking of which....

Here's Mori and his troops! He's a dick, but he's very effective at keeping his troops in line.

The two forces clash! This was a bitch to pose, let me tell you, Chosokabe's hand was way too loose and.... ugh. These guys look great, but posing them can be a pain.

Once more but with flash! For that nice Epic feeling! No matter wot!

Here's scrapmetal! As you can see, he's lost his cannon, but he doesn't need it, he relies on his fists and is pretty strong.

Of course, with his cannon missing, I had to make an alt form for him. I think I did a pretty good job.

Howling tries out the skateboard I gave her!

It didn't turn out that well... Crashing into something is something I'd expect from Maochao, not you Howling!

The Ovest Sisters enjoying some time together.

As Mikuo pointed out, you really can't see how well this thing works as a chair in my first pic, so here it is from a different angle.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 am

good lord, Mary's cute. :D

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Isn't she?

I recently got a gundam marker and have been practicing paneling on my Exia and Asclapius (those two weren't in good shape) and will (relatively) soon be posting pics for people's opinions. Still don't have any actual paint though, so I'm only able to fill in black parts (which is still pretty intricate work). Quick question, does Gundam Marker dry? Or does it require primer or topcoat to keep it from rubbing off? Either way it's good practice I suppose.

In shinki related news for me: I am STILL working on organizing everything for the photocomic I really want to some day make. DAMN YOU PROCRASTINATION! Also, I hope to figure out how to do one of my first shinki-related projects that I want to attempt. I picture Proxy as a bit of a Yankee (Not the baseball team or the term meaning american, if you don't know what I'm talking about, read Fruit's Basket or something.) and am trying to figure out how to make her a little SARS mask. And maybe a little coat and lead pipe, but I've never really tried sewing or sculpting plastic.

OH! And if anybody somehow gets their hands on the ABC Mantle from the MG Crossbone Gundam ver. Ka, PLEASE scan it with measurements and PM it to me, I really want to make one of those for my X-1. Can probably use it for other things too, but I need help to do it, and I am not going to buy an MG of a kit that I essentially already have just for it. I would really appreciate it. Ideas for how to make that mask are welcome too.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:34 am

Gundam Marker does dry up after a while. I used it on my Espadia's custom lancer weapon straight up like a pen... it was a horrible experience, and very messy. Then, I watched the Gunpla Builders OVA, only to find out that the Gundam Marker is just a container, you just press the tip onto a flat surface and ink flows out, then use a fine brush and apply it on panels like paint. Looking back, I wish I'd seen the OVA before I bought it... 'cause I ended up using it as a pen, which it isn't.

It does have a tendency to rub off (as with other ink-based colors, at least I think it is ink-based XD), so never forget using a nice top coat to seal it in. Back then, I used .01 and .03 technical pens for paneling (I didn't know Gundam Markers existed then), and I give 'em about a whole day to completely dry, as top coats dissolve them when they're still wet.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Well, I finished paneling one of my models and, considereing the fact that I apparently didn't even use it right, I think I did a pretty fricking good job, and I really like using it, you just need some finesse. One of the things I like about it is not having to use a brush. I'm going to finish the second one without using the brush method. When I post the pictures, I'm wondering if you guys can figure out which one I started on first. I started off doing the head, torso and one arm for each, I also did the waist for one. I then went back and finished the first and am going to start finishing the second. However, I'm going to be away this week, so don't expect the pictures to be up until at least sunday. Also, when I do post the pictures, remember that I ONLY DID PANELING. Don't expect the parts that need paint to be painted. And the Aesclapius's foil stickers (and the actual model) are in pretty bad shape (That's the reason I practiced on it) so please, restrict your comments to the actual paneling when I post the pictures. Oh, and the Aesclapius was one of my first three Gundam models, when I made it, I still twisted the parts off the runner (the very idea horrifies me now) so there are some prettty nasty stubs on it. The Exia is quite a bit better in that regard, but I never sand off the stubs (Too afraid I'll overdo it and damage the piece.) I only occasionally file the ones that actually get in the way when building it. (Had to do that when building the unicorn. I had finished the model and tried to transform it, and then I had to carefully take apart an entire leg to deal with the stub that was restricing the mechinism.)

By the way, where the hell did you watch Gunpla Builders? I REALLY want to see that.

Edit: just watched Gunpla Builders. I was using the marker right. The one I got was made for paneling, they say to use that kind like a straight up pen, no need to draw the ink out and paint with it.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Thu May 19, 2011 5:18 pm

As you can see, I still haven't gotten around to uploading those pictures, but they will be up eventually! In the mean time, I thought I'd entertain those who are following this (I know, not many people give a damn about me) with a basic outline about the photocomic I'm planning. You know, the one I won't shut up about.

Basically, an unknown event occured a while back that injured many and threw the land into chaos, not only did it dismantle any form of government, but it changed the laws of nature itself. Now, landscapes change without warning and everyone seems to suffer from Black Knight syndrome (Aka "Tis but a flesh wound!") Out of the rubble, several factions have emerged, each vying for power and each with their own agenda. Of course, due to it being incredibly hard to kill foes, the factions progress is almost nonexistant, with any footholds they gain being quickly lost.

Well, there's a bit of background for you. Despite the somewhat serious sounding background, I intend it to be overall a pretty humorous series. Also, quite a few characters will be completely different from their source material. For example, Torca (I think that's what his name was), a maximal, is the head of the faction comprised mainly of decepticons. Why? Because he looks really f***ing evil. I am not kidding, he looks like a power rangers villain. Also, because just about everybody hates Drift, I have a rather “interesting” personality for him that is almost the exact opposite of the original character.

Also, some characters will have somewhat different names, because it would be confusing to have two scattershots and some of the toys actual names don't work that well for this sort of thing. Several gundams names are merely titles, namely the Astray Frames, who all retain the name of the pilot. They are a parody of the Power Rangers, so instead of “Red Ranger” Lowe Gear is “Red Frame.” Oh, and the Astray Frame’s theme song is the Code Speed version of Juukyou B-Fighter, look it up on youtube, it's awesome. Another good example of a name being changed is the God Gundam, it would be weird to call him God, so "God Gundam" or “The Burning God” is pretty much a title for him, seeing as he’s nearly unbeatable. He will be an unaffiliated character, most likely in the badlands, which will be my house’s workshop. Why? Lots of breakable wood for fight scenes of course! Most name changes will be pretty small though, for example, my Full Armor Gundam will be called Rex (RX-78).

The biggest obstacle I’m facing at the moment is deciding what room each faction will be based in. There are 5 main factions at the moment, and each deserves a base and territory, but for the life of me, I can’t decide where each should go. The (important) faction leaders are Torca, G1 Scattershot, Chosokabe Motochika and Mori Motonari. Just a heads up, Mori’s a dick.

Please post any comments or thoughts, I'd appreciate it, if only because it will let me know people care what I think!