ZeroEdge's Mods: Harute Otoha (04/01/17)

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: THE FINAL POST (05/12/15)

Post by royalpain88 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:32 pm

And a fine way to end a post.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Thu May 14, 2015 11:00 am

Indeed. Hope we'll still see you modding stuff here and there ;)

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Thu May 14, 2015 7:04 pm

*Inserts a very long, loud Darth Vader "NOOOO!"*

Heckfire
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 24
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Do I HAVE to choose?

Post by Heckfire » Thu May 14, 2015 8:20 pm

Sorry to see you go just as this place was starting to wake up again, but hopefully your path will wend this way again.
"Grab a shovel-I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." -Bender
"I'm a triceratops balancing on a daisy with spinning wheels, baby!" -Dexter

=^.^= ~~>

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: ZeroEdge's Mods: I'm Back! (03/25/16)

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:17 am

ZeroEdge is back! Well, I did officially kill my thread last May due to severe lack of new content because reasons... Whatever... Anyway, I haven't stopped modding, even adding Frame Arms Girls to my repertoire. I also joined a couple of facebook groups where I've been posting pics, and helping out new builders and modders, and just messing around a bit. After almost a whole year, I think I have enough new stuff to start posting again.

First off, I'm gonna start with reminiscing about the pics of my past mods, almost ALL of which DISAPPEARED without warning (RIP majhost). Fortunately, I was able to recover some of the pics from Mikuo's Shinki Saturday posts on Figure.fm and decided to make collages out of them, just to show how each of my girls evolved through the years. This way, I was able to look at how my modding skills evolved as well.

This post can also give some of the newer members of this group a look at what was missing (40+ pages without any images, lol). So what I'll do is post a collage of one of my shinki's past pics followed by updated ones. And I'm not gonna dump EVERYTHING at once, This will be a multi-part post.
=============================================================================================================================================

Noire - MMS Type Nemesis

Noire is my very first shinki, and the one that went through the most changes and armor parts experimentation among my girls. She's equipped more gear ranging from light to medium to final boss level (some of which a few didn't like, but that's fine) and had a couple of color scheme changes before settling into her black-navy blue-red armored badass form. Back then I didn't really care about the type of armor Noire wore but then I thought I needed to be faithful to her base Strarf form when building her gear, that means giant extra arms from her backpack and giant legs.

Small changes, big difference. Who knew that adding the few right pieces can improve the looks of a figure that much... Adding bulk to Noire thigh armor really beefed up her armor. And that giant clawed hand complete with articulate fingers... total AWESOMENESS!!! She can swap her left arm whenever she needed to in case she wants to dual-wield everything.

=============================================================================================================================================

Laika - MMS Type Gunner Hound

Laika began as a melee brawler/swordie, but changed to long range gunnery because, in MY very own fantasy world, dog-types seem to be more suited to long range combat while cat-types are the melee ones (at least some would agree)... and if I ever had a Maochao, she'd be perfect for CQC and grappling. Also, still lovin' the ear and tail mods, 'cause they make Laika unique. Animal girls should always sport kemonomimi and tails.

Full on assault or sniping from beyond the opponent's range, and with a Puchi Machine-controlled turret, Laika's a force to be reckoned with!

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:19 am

Kei - MMS Type Swordmaster

The beetle girls didn't get much love on sites like fg-site.net, guess I had to change that. Kei's theme looks Evangelion-inspired, but actually, I just wanted to change her blue-white theme. The result, swords... swords everywhere.

I wanted to put as many swords on her but just making her wear swords isn't enough. So enter 2 pairs of sword arms and beam swords from her forearms, knees and head. Getting close to her during combat can be quite the scary experience.

Rui - MMS Type Cannon Fortress

Rui's got the big guns, nuff said. Just kidding! Like her sister, there wasn't enough online content about her, so its ZeroEdge to the rescue!

Heavy armor and all the armaments I can put in. Mobility isn't an issue, she has Seravee's GN Field generators (spherical shield). She's got weapons for all ranges and can shoot in all directions so most are done in before they get close.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:22 am

Ayu - MMS Type Heavy Metal

I honestly didn't know what to do with Ayu's gear... she's music-based (electic guitar, drums and stuff) and the only mecha show that I can relate her to would be Macross 7 (Valkyries with speakers!). So on a whim I bought a Raphael Gundam and the rest was history.

Still I wanted Ayu to have music-based attacks so enter MS radome parts repurposed for emitting radiation from all frequencies. She can create vibrations that disrupt and damage opponents and crush them with the GN Claws or blast them away with cannon fire, funnels or missiles. Playing the electric guitar during combat just screams badass! Doof Warrior, anyone?

Maya - MMS Type Wing Guard Arrow

Maya started with a spear, then swords, ended up with a bow... because archer-types are cool and I like pretty girls with badass bows! Seriously though, I didn't know what theme to give her back then as the Fencer girls came equipped with only a sword and shield, meaning no significant differences between the sisters except for the colors. So basically I was experimenting on gear types until I designated her into a ranger.

That Rail-Bow that can shoot metal projectiles and beams as well. I actually had a rough time building it because it had to be able to connect to the forearm (shinki hands really are terrible at holding stuff). So a lot of kitbashing random parts plus putty and superglue went into it.

Rina - MMS Type Wing Guard Blade

Rina was melee through and through, and continues my personal rule that "sister shinkis must always have one melee-type and one range-type".

I wanted her to look different from Noire's black and red so adding patches of white did the trick (her original colors did include some white patches here and there). I built the twin beam lance, never needed the System Weapons version because, why buy it if you can build it?

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:26 am

Griselda - MMS Type Centaur Paladin

Xiphos and Benio never had much love ANYWHERE and TBH I hated Griselda's original armor design and color scheme (seriously, her full armor with the helmet on looks weird, in my opinion at least). I got her to make her into a knight that I can be proud of. The most challenging part was getting actual knight-type stuff from anywhere, so kit-bashing and my ideas kinda clashed a bit. But then I saw some really cool centaur custom figures and thought "I could do that!", so that I did.

Right now her upper body is from a plamo Racaseal (gave the MMS body to Grapprap), but as long as she's got her head she's still a shinki in my book. Also added small guns on her upper forelegs and back for a bit of ranged support for her heavy melee style. Trivia: Griselda's eyes are kinda smeared already when I got her (piss poor QA) so I made her visor to cover that up.

Yuuko - MMS Type Sky Striker

When I got Yuuko I already know what to do with her gear, and gettings stuff to make her look like an ultra futuristic Strike Witch was easy since I already own most of them.

Only one intermediate form before her final form, just a few upgrades (if you would call getting more guns and a more badass set of backpack gear "a few"). The only difficult part was painting everything white when the base color is blue-green (Rezel Commander).

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:37 am

Olga - MMS Type Combat Engineer

As I said before, Olga is using Griselda's MMS body (first actual upgrade from being just EX parts). Then, she got her many hands on the Zoid Gunsniper I have on display...

Now she has more arms than anyone. Though not really eager to do combat, Olga can easily break stuff as well as she can build them. I opted not to replace that weird head part, it does have a charm of its own.

Hakua - MMS Type Seraph

No first or intermediate mods for Hakua, my very own Arnval Tranche 2! Noire is happy too, if only to be able to finally fight an Arnval, but not before getting Hakua her own gear.

MG Wing Gundam Zero's wings are the obvious choice, and I used two sets for Hakua's multi-winged visage. And she has a gun. A BIG gun. The BIGGEST hand-held gun that I've ever made for anyone. Well, it does have a multi-link support connected to the backpack but Hakua carries it with only one arm!

That's that, I apologize for the very lengthy multi-part post. Looking forward to Kotobukiya's Busou Shinki (#f***konami) and more Frame Arms Girls that I'll be posting pics of soon. I'm also rebuilding my Full Armor Hatsune Miku, only this time I'm using her Figma body as the base.

With that I'll be on my way, and I'm not gonna leave this site again! At least for now...

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Hot Shinki, ZeroEdge. You're back!

And still as OP as ever, I see. That Seraph Arnval is also still looking mightily OP as usual. (lol)

The Gunsniper parts on Grappap looks... surprisingly seamless. They fit her quite well.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>