ZeroEdge's Mods: Harute Otoha (04/01/17)

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: (01/06/14)

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 am

Just a few pics to tell that I'm still alive this new year... though lacking much in stuff to mod.

Currently rearranging my display cabinet's contents again...

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Jeez, so awesome!! I especially love the trio at the end.
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:50 pm

ZeroEdge wrote:Just a few pics to tell that I'm still alive this new year... though lacking much in stuff to mod.

*Jaw drops*

That is so freaking awesome, man!

infinitygundam103
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval mk2 Tempesta

Post by infinitygundam103 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:05 pm

ZeroEdge wrote:Image
For a more dynamic look in that claw, I suggest getting the HGUC Banshee Norn. It has open claw parts that look much more menacing...
just me stealing your shadow...
and whatever else a camera can take.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:29 pm

To be fair, while I can see Noire overpowering just about anything thrown her way, I wonder how she would deal with a slimmed down opponent, someone full of thrusters. Should be a fun battle, death of a thousand cuts versus the ultimate kaboom maker :D

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: (01/11/14)

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:18 am

Been here for quite a long time, but I have never taken a group pic of my girls before, so let's change that shall we...

... that makes nine shinkis and a hybrid Miku. If only I had a better background...

Their gear in the shelf below. I'm keeping this shelf as it is since its a lot easier to move thing around.

I wanna totally remake ZE's Pad into something like a gun armory + lounge or something... gun/weapon displays on the walls, gun racks and stuff like that, and a living room type lounge on one side... need ideas though...

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Awesome!

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:51 am

Well, for ideas, I can suggest either a hangar like scene or something along those lines.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:43 am

Say, just a question, with the putty you use, can you still rotate the legs on the pegs, or are they locked on the direction they were when you putti'd them ?

I ask because I use Game's Workshop green stuff for my modifications, and the way I did it, it locked the legs to the peg.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Shikaze wrote:Say, just a question, with the putty you use, can you still rotate the legs on the pegs, or are they locked on the direction they were when you putti'd them ?

I ask because I use Game's Workshop green stuff for my modifications, and the way I did it, it locked the legs to the peg.
I use general-purpose epoxy putty, but back then I used the wood-type epoxy putty. Either way, my shinki's upper arm and thigh joints aren't locked. How I did it is after a few minutes of drying (and I mean before the putty totally cures), I twist the peg in and out of the mold so that the putty cures in shape. Slightly lubricating the peg also helps, in my case just keeping it wet with water is enough. Though this does make the hole a bit larger at times making the joint loose, a little super glue in the inside edges of the hole helps keep the peg fit snugly. NEVER allow any putty to fully cure with the peg stuck in as it can result in a permanent bond.

You can try to twist the joint off but don't use too much force. The mold might give way a bit and let go of the peg, but gauge your strength. If it won't let go, you're screwed :sad: .

I've seen super-glue removers but haven't seen epoxy putty removers. If you really want to regain the joint rotation, I suggest removing the dried putty manually bit by bit, even if it means destroying the gunpla thigh part... If that ever happened to me, I'd do it without a second thought, since gunpla is plenty while shinki's are definitely not! Save the thigh peg, then simply rebuild the joint mold.

A suggestion... find polycaps large enough to accommodate the thigh peg and stick that into the putty to make the joint a lot safer. They're usually found in 1/100 gunpla and in the larger 1/144 ones (Kshatriya, etc.).