ZeroEdge's Mods: Harute Otoha (04/01/17)

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Ayu's Gear Final

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:24 am

Takashi wrote: Raphael suits her. Did you modify the backpack? Like removing the head of Seravee II and that ugly flap?
Impact Knuckle is a DO WANT for me!! Eventually will get it with one more kit from Frame Arms series
I did away with the flap and backpack head, and did some modding to assemble the backpack in its current configuration. And as for the Impact Knuckle...

======================================================================================================================================

Here is Laika's turn to present her gear!

I modded and integrated the Koto MSG Impact Knuckle onto her right arm. Main reason is that it looks waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than just holding onto the weapon itself.

I placed both Verde Buster cannons on Laika's left side to give her right arm more freedom. Also gave her Virtue's GN cannon connected to an energy tank on her back.

Now for some giant mechanical fist action!

Ready...

Impact Upper!!!

Impact Tremor!!!

Flying Knuckle!!!

I was tempted to mod it with the rocket punch ability, but no... I want to replace the fist with an articulated hand, but not sure if a 1/60 gunpla hand is of the same size (and not gonna buy a 1/60 just for the hand :P ) unless I see a kit available for sale here soon. I might also replace the fist with a giant spike for pilebunker action, or just make interchangeable parts for it... Anyways, that it for today. Up next is to totally redesign my beetle girls, starting with my Espadia, Kei.

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Laika's Gear Final

Post by Adventwings » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:00 am

*Whistles* I'd hate to get in a dance with that lady. I'd probably hate it even more if somehow I'd managed to get her mad. O_o)lll
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Ayu's Gear Final

Post by royalpain88 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:23 am

ZeroEdge wrote:
Takashi wrote: Image
FALCON PUNCH!!!!!!

No, seriously though. This is great work but there is one tiny thing you missed and not realized it. The barrels. I usually paint the insides black so it hides the plastic that is like, right there. It gives the barrel an appearance of depth.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:28 pm

My Howling wishes she was your Howling. In fact, most of my girls would kill for the kind of gear (and paint jobs!) yours get.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 am

Adventwings wrote:*Whistles* I'd hate to get in a dance with that lady. I'd probably hate it even more if somehow I'd managed to get her mad. O_o)lll
Lol, Laika's not like that at all! But seriously... don't try her knuckle sandwiches! :P
royalpain88 wrote:No, seriously though. This is great work but there is one tiny thing you missed and not realized it. The barrels. I usually paint the insides black so it hides the plastic that is like, right there. It gives the barrel an appearance of depth.
I didn't paint it on purpose, since it'll just hinder movement and the paint will just scrape off. Besides, I don't have those paints that seep into the plastic making the color change permanent (dunno what type of paint that is or if it is even available in our country...).
Polenicus wrote:My Howling wishes she was your Howling. In fact, most of my girls would kill for the kind of gear (and paint jobs!) yours get.
Laika's happy, since she is very different from all the other Howlings out there now.

=======================================================================================================================

Bad weather and annoying work schedules delayed this post... but better late than never!

I am saddened by the total lack of mods for the beetle girls, even on fg-site (just a few kitbashes here and there with the occasional armor reconfigs). So, as with the rest of my collection, I modded my Espadia into a whole new level of badass! Now to present Kei's awesome new look!

I like the AGE-1 Spallow parts on her, but replaced the tiny feet with that of Exia's. Also added a blade horn to her headgear. Blue hands... not gonna bother painting them as paint will just wear out with even the slightest fiddling (no purple or extra black set of hands, yare yare...).

Kei now holds ownership of the GN Blades. Of course, Noir didnt mind.

I still used her standard backpack but with a few addons, like back verniers from Blu Duel and beam saber holsters from 00. Oh, and Beginning J Gundam's swords are there too.

Blademaster mode:

Beam sabers EVERYWHERE!!! Her knees, forearms and headgear are all modded to release beam sabers. You wouldn't wanna get close to her in a fight, unless you want to fillet yourself! :cheesygrin:

There you have it! Last but not least is my resident bombardier, Rui... though I might take some time before actually working on her (IRL issues, go figure... :? ).

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Kei - MMS-Type Blademaster

Post by Shikaze » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:19 pm

So much modding... WANT !

infinitygundam103
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval mk2 Tempesta

Post by infinitygundam103 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Nice work.
...Though I see she has no sabers within her feet. It would make for a more complete attack package. But that's just my opinion...
just me stealing your shadow...
and whatever else a camera can take.

Adventwings
Class S Shinki

Post by Adventwings » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:55 am

Yeesh! So many pointy bits all over! I can't see an opening!

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 am

Shikaze wrote:So much modding... WANT !
Adventwings wrote:Yeesh! So many pointy bits all over! I can't see an opening!
Lol, and thanks for the comments!
infinitygundam103 wrote:Nice work.
...Though I see she has no sabers within her feet. It would make for a more complete attack package. But that's just my opinion...
I had to choose whether to put the beam sabers on her knees or feet, but since her knees already have those ports I decided to use them. I used Exia's feet, which unfortunately doesn't leave much space for that (and I don't want to just drill a hole for it). If I had Aegis' feet, now that would be a different story...

============================================================================================================================================================

Haven't posted in two weeks... and here's the reason why.

I really took the time to think about how to maintain Rui's heavy gunner look with the stuff I have on hand... and I finally got to use GP02A's legs!

Rui's chest armor is from EX-S Gundam (I just HAD to get rid of the "boob fin" :P ), while her arms are from Virtue. In case anyone asks, the shoulder armor came with Rui. Now why did I put shoulder armor on her? She doesn't need to flail her arms around much, and it helps with her 'heavy armor' look. Besides, she doesn't need to move around that much, its her opponents that need to get away! Also, modded headgear...

Now for her full arms mode;

Now we're talkin'!

I retained Virtue's GN Cannons, and the rest... heavily modded and scratch-built. Those side beam cannons are built from Virtue's leg parts with barrels out of pla-plate. The Rail-Cannon I made by bashing together Seravee's GN Bazooka, a bootlegged Nu-Gundam bazooka, some pla-plate and Rui's right shoulder cannons. I also reconfigured GP02A's ICBM's and mounted 'em on Rui's left shoulder cannons (that fires frag/flak rounds).

And here's a pic of the 'beetle' sisters together.

Now who's to say I don't give 'em much love? :cheesygrin:

Adventwings
Class S Shinki

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Rui - MMS-Type Cannon Fortress

Post by Adventwings » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 am

...Now I see why she needs those big feet. She looks like a full-on pocket artillery battery. Talk about overkill!

/me No, nevermind. There's never enough dakka.